Ten reasons why Auburn will defeat Alabama

Dual-Threat Rigby

As some people may have noticed, I can't resist giving my opinion of Auburn football, it's just a habitual thing. On the same hand, it's impossible to predict that Auburn will ever lose to Alabama. I seriously predicted Auburn would beat Alabama in 2012...so here we go

1. Playbook creativity - After Kodi Burns started predicting Malzahn/Lashlee's playcalling, they actually were able to switch it up (!!!) with new formations and plays. I have a feeling this might be necessary early vs Saban to get them out of their comfort zone. I'm not saying throw every down, but we're definitely gonna have to be creative.

2. Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson - In my heart, I really don't believe Jeremy will get more than 6 plays at the most, but I believe that creativity will spread to the QB position and we'll probably choose some very interesting times to try out some throwback screens or the like. Or maybe just let Jeremy come in at QB and Marshall playing RB like what happened a long time ago this year. I expect the staff will give Marshall the key to running if he doesn't find something early after that...interesting...beginning to the Samford game where multiple times he didn't look like he had an inner clock in his head. Just let him run if he doesn't see anything, that's what he's amazing at.

3. Defense played inspired last week, alright it was Samford. SAMFORD. But when the offense was being about as stagnant as possible, the defense still held Samford to 7 and didn't let this get out of hand. Adams was dominating the OL almost single handedly, Mincy wasn't completely terrible, and Kris Frost went off. If they keep this going, we can make a pained Alabama offense have a long day.

4. What else are we playing for? Malzahn just needs to blatantly come out and state, THIS IS OUR PLAYOFF GAME. The team was complete uninspired vs Georgia and this doesn't need to happen again, and I don't think it will. There's reasons Malzahn was one of the hottest commodities on the market and I hope we'll see one of them this upcoming week leading to the game.

5. Saban still hasn't proved anything this year that he can stop dual-threat/hurry up no huddle offenses. Miss St would've had a great day vs Alabama if Dak Turnover didn't ruin several drives in the Alabama 40. Even W.Carolina looked good until they just started getting out talented. Just about every spot on this team is equally talented with the Alabama defense

6. DUUUUUUUKE (will probably be back)

7. It's the Iron Bowl. Huge, world-shaking moments always happen. What's bigger than a receding formerly top 3 team beating a streaking #1 Saban led team for the second time in a row?

8. The offensive line will hopefully be whipped in shape. A group that was only consistent the games we needed to score 40 points a game to win but couldn't be found anywhere when we just needed no holding or any drive killing penalties to get by? Anyway, I believe we get past that hump for a great last regular season performance, and maybe, just maybe, Coleman lives up to his potential.

9. It's at Jordan Hare Stadium #2...we win there, we win here (most of the time), we win, just win

10. We're facing the cockiest program of all time, cockiest fanbase, cockiest offensive coordinator, they're just... (you see where this is going) For some reason, I really feel Alabama will be underlooking Auburn in the first quarter, and we start off #AuburnFast, and never let off the pedal for an eye opening W that would make some look at this Auburn team and wonder "what if".

These are my thoughts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. We beat LSU 41-7 and Bama beat them in OT.

2. We beat Ole Siss and Bama didn't.

3. Blake Sims = Nick Marshall at age 15.

4. We'll play penalty-free football.

5. Bama's discovery of up-tempo offense won't trump our discovery of a pass rush.

6. CAP's average game = Yeldon + Henry having their best games of the year

7. Amari has been dropping a LOT of passes lately.

8. Our average kicking game still trumps Bama's sorry kicking game.

9. Quan rips off a special teams TD.

10. The refs inadvertently call a good Auburn game.

1. We beat LSU 41-7 and Bama beat them in OT.

2. We beat Ole Siss and Bama didn't.

3. Blake Sims = Nick Marshall at age 15.

4. We'll play penalty-free football.

5. Bama's discovery of up-tempo offense won't trump our discovery of a pass rush.

6. CAP's average game = Yeldon + Henry having their best games of the year

7. Amari has been dropping a LOT of passes lately.

8. Our average kicking game still trumps Bama's sorry kicking game.

9. Quan rips off a special teams TD.

10. The refs inadvertently call a good Auburn game.

You had me till #10. lol

Penalties and refs are what worry me most about this game. If we can play mistake (nearly) free and avoid phantom calls we will make a game of this yet. The SEC has a small past of protecting its top teams. If uat and MSU both lose the SEC is in a world of hurt for the first CFP.

I forgot Amari is hurt

Little Nicky seemed to suggest in his presser that the injury wouldn't keep him out of our game.

Anyone have any different information?

I'm not gonna say I was *happy* to see the rash of injuries pile up for the tide against Western Carolina... but I didn't exactly weep for them, either.

They all seemed relatively minor, anyway, unlike Drake's.

I'm so afraid this D will make that Qb look like something he ain't. That D is the best we will have faced all year. One or 2 of our Ol will be abused. IF NM can run effectively at critical moments and we hang on to the dang ball we will have a chance. CGM has to break out an old play book for this game. The tendancies he has shown the past 7 games must be taken atvantage of.

Well before the a&m game I'd disagree but now....The only way I see us winning is we score alot of points and they have to go away from their running game. Pretty much the exact way we beat arky. Made them have to keep up and they're not built for that

The qb is actually playing good now, this is a guy you'd wanted to play at the beginning of the year

This is a guy Auburn probably never wanted to play

The ironic thing is uat never wanted to play him either.

WDE!

Need to get off to a fast start and not be down by two touchdowns in the first quarter.

Few to no penalties. No dropped passes. Must generate a pass rush (if they can make Sims uncomfortable, we will have a huge game).

NO MISSED TACKLES!! Tackle, tackle, tackle!!

Get off the field on 3rd downs.

In other words, if we play our best game and don't beat ourselves, Bama gonna be knocked out of the playoffs!!

Hope all of our fans stay safe and enjoy a huge War Eagle upset!!

O hope you're right but it will take a reversal of the direction our team has been headed in for the last 6 games for that to happen. Not impossible. bit I think it would also take a let down on the part of bama, and that's unlikely. It doesn't hurt to hope.

Guest jojo1515

bama fans scared and dont say much after tellin them auburn gonna win. espn hyping the iron bowl big time.

Is that 8-6-8-6 poetry? Almost anyways

Great points! Quite honestly we will have to play a near perfect game. Alabama has flaws this year, we just have to expose them. Bama is a good team...but besides beating Miss. St., all of their wins are against teams that have at least 4 losses on the year... They are extremely disciplined, but Malzahn's offense makes even the most disciplined defense play out of position. We are going to be the biggest mismatch for them. An LSU or Arkansas team (which they should have lost to both) plays right into their game... but an offense like Auburn's (when they are on) is extremely difficult because they have a vertical passing game, play sideline to sideline, with a power run, and combine all that with a HUNH and it's hard for even a Saban defense to defend. I'm not saying that will happen, I just think if we want to win, we REALLY have to challenge them in all aspects on defense. Offense is our only chance to win this game. I don't think the defense will be able to consistently stop Bama's offense. Mainly because Sims freaks out on a pass rush and we don't have one. And our secondary has to defend Cooper. I feel decent about the defensive line and linebackers stopping the run attack. But it will come down to how well we can move the ball on offense, and it really may come back down to special teams once again. Wouldn't that be something!!

The refs will be the biggest issue of the day. Coleman needs to play without holding, and NM needs to run, run, run! Also hopefully NM uses his check downs as well and some quick slants to Duke, Uzomah, and Bray (i think he would be a terror in the open field!)

We'll know by the end of the first quarter if the offense is going to be able to bail the defense out. If there's a turnover early we will already be behind the chains in the overall game and it's going to be a long night. We will have to match Bama score for score and hope we have the ball last. If we get behind by 10 or 14 points at any point, sadly, this game will balloon out of control. The offense will stress and make forced mistakes and it will snowball. We have to play ball control and eat up yards on the ground and WE MUST CONNECT ON THE EASY TOUCHDOWN BOMBS THAT WILL BE THERE. Saban knows if he forces NM to throw 25x in the game that Bama has a great chance to win. The more passes NM throws the worse it is for AU. And our WR unit isn't 100%...O-Line, bring your hard hats!!!

Archived