Florida vs Florida State

PatBoCamRob

I think UF needs to approach this game like they did against UGA. Run the ball in unimaginative ways and don't even pretend to want to pass. Dominate time of possession and then hold FSU to field goals. With a couple turnovers I think UF makes this very interesting.

Maybe we can live vicariously through our future DC in his last game and get some revenge on FSU.

Who will be the head coach when Muschamp is hired? Chizik coming back? Gus certainly isn't interested in having Coach Hothead on the sidelines, and as an Auburn fan I'm not either.

Maybe we can live vicariously through our future DC in his last game and get some revenge on FSU.

Who will be the head coach when Muschamp is hired? Chizik coming back? Gus certainly isn't interested in having Coach Hothead on the sidelines, and as an Auburn fan I'm not either.

Kind of reminds me of the Petrino campaign....if we did not hire BP we had no hope of competing in the league. I'm with you on this....though JMO, it's hard to imagine WilM taking a cut immediately after leaving the UF job. I still think there are some pretty good places for him to land as HC.

Kind of reminds me of the Petrino campaign....if we did not hire BP we had no hope of competing in the league. I'm with you on this....though JMO, it's hard to imagine WilM taking a cut immediately after leaving the UF job. I still think there are some pretty good places for him to land as HC.

Boom is going to have to serve time somewhere as a lower tier HC or DC somewhere. We all want our defense to hit on all eight, and he might be the man to do it. Then again, he may not. The sole reason I don't think our current situation is sustainable is recruiting.

We're all Florida fans this weekend. It's painfully obvious that Famis Jameis is the most powerful person in the ACC, and as such I want the entire conference flushed. The ref moving proves to me it isn't just Felony State that has sold it's soul.

Until someone actually beats Jameis Winston in a four quarter game, the smart money is on him pulling out the win. You don't have to like him (in fact, if you like him, it's probably a black mark on your character), but you have to respect the hell out of him. He's a phenomenal player, especially with his back to the wall. He's single-handedly winning some of these games with a suspect defense and a below-average run game. Personally, I don't think UF can score with him, but I'd love to be wrong.

Neither is Jacobs, it is not going to happen.

Neither is Jacobs, it is not going to happen.

I hate to agree with you. You're right. I'd rather have hothead though. Nice guys finish last on defense.

Until someone actually beats Jameis Winston in a four quarter game, the smart money is on him pulling out the win. You don't have to like him (in fact, if you like him, it's probably a black mark on your character), but you have to respect the hell out of him. He's a phenomenal player, especially with his back to the wall. He's single-handedly winning some of these games with a suspect defense and a below-average run game. Personally, I don't think UF can score with him, but I'd love to be wrong.

Absolutely NOT. Don't like him,and sure as hell don't respect him. He's a punk kid with an "above the law" attitude. That's nothing to respect. He has zero respect for others including himself and his 3rd rate university. He's a mental toddler that deserves nothing. No respect from me to him as a person or a player. He shouldn't even be on the field.

He's waaaaaaaaay better than the one we got right now

Well, some share that opinion, but definitely not me. Not even close. He's just the "flavor of the month" because he's not here. Kind of like the 2nd string QB is everybody's favorite. Muschamp is an average coach at best IMO. He made his name riding the coat tails of defensive minded coaches and parlayed that into a head coaching job. He's not nearly as great of a coach (IMO) as some here are making him out to be. I'm disappointed in the defense too, but Ellis Johnson has proven for DECADES and at many different places that he can coach.

Absolutely NOT. Don't like him,and sure as hell don't respect him. He's a punk kid with an "above the law" attitude. That's nothing to respect. He has zero respect for others including himself and his 3rd rate university. He's a mental toddler that deserves nothing. No respect from me to him as a person or a player. He shouldn't even be on the field.

Well, some share that opinion, but definitely not me. Not even close. He's just the "flavor of the month" because he's not here. Kind of like the 2nd string QB is everybody's favorite. Muschamp is an average coach at best IMO. He made his name riding the coat tails of defensive minded coaches and parlayed that into a head coaching job. He's not nearly as great of a coach (IMO) as some here are making him out to be. I'm disappointed in the defense too, but Ellis Johnson has proven for DECADES and at many different places that he can coach.

I'm not denying that at all, decades ago. Now, not so much.

The Bama/AU and FSU/FL lines are both 9.5 Both a little lower than than I thought they would be.

Lower than I'd have thought too. I don't understand it. I'd love to see two upsets. I have the feeling FL could play FSU close, many others have.

WarTiger, I thought it was clear that I meant respect him as a player. If you can't respect his game, I don't know what you're watchibg. He kicked our ass at the end of the championship game.

And as for Muschamp, you're the first person I've ever seen call Mack Brown a defensive coach.

The scheme is solid, the fundamentals and execution are not. That is what the position coaches teach. With the right personnel in place, Ellis Johnson can produce a solid D.

The scheme is solid, the fundamentals and execution are not. That is what the position coaches teach. With the right personnel in place, Ellis Johnson can produce a solid D.

Yet to be determined. As far as scheme goes, I'm not impressed. I re-watched the miss state game and there were times on defense our guys left receivers uncovered, before the snap and after. The slot man was either uncovered or was given a 15yd cushion. Unacceptable, it may have worked decades ago but this prehistoric defense of Johnson's won't be able to keep up with today's offenses. Probably the easiest time miss state had throwing the ball all year.

Archived