2015 Baseball Schedule

Brad_ATX

Looks like the team will be doing a minimum of traveling early in the season. Too bad...I enjoyed the games in South Florida early in the season....Feb 15 in AU...better bring some warm clothes.

But like in football, the SEC schedule is tough enough to excuse some of the "spring training" level games.

Not really. Those kinds of schedules kept us out of the tournament just a few years ago.

that was because we lost to some of them. Elsewhere I noted that 40 games will be against teams that played in the NCAA last year...which we did not....sounds like it might be an OK schedule. This is a team trying to get over a bad season...probably need a few games to find out who is going to play.

It appears at least 11 of our non conference games are against teams that made the NCAA tournament last season; we didn`t. What is the beef with the schedule? Just saying we don`t have that easy of a schedule. 40 games against tournament teams is not easy.

It appears at least 11 of our non conference games are against teams that made the NCAA tournament last season; we didn`t. What is the beef with the schedule? Just saying we don`t have that easy of a schedule. 40 games against tournament teams is not easy.

Not all tourney teams are created equal. The baseball tourney is just like basketball, where if you win your conference tourney, you're in. Xavier is not considered a high quality non-conference series for the most part even though they made the tournament last year (29-27 overall, 8-10 in a terrible Big East). Same for Binghamton (25-25 overall, 11-12 in the American East).

Much like if we play Alabama State in basketball a year after they make the tournament. Would you still consider that a quality non-conference game? Odds are no.

Again; we didn`t make the tourney last year or anytime recently. And we have always played most of our early games at home save a trip trip to Arizona and an occasional trip to Florida. I don`t care how you get in the tourney; we heven`t in any form or fashion in awhile. Lets just wait and see how it plays out. I understand your points about some of these teams but they did do what they needed to do and we didn`t. WDE

• 2 months later...

The season starts Friday....and this forum is very quiet on the subject of AU baseball.

I hope that Coach Golloway has healed the breach and that this season will be happier and more productive for our Tigers. WDE!

The season starts Friday....and this forum is very quiet on the subject of AU baseball.

I hope that Coach Golloway has healed the breach and that this season will be happier and more productive for our Tigers. WDE!

Amen, give us something to talk about!!

Amen, give us something to talk about!!

A happy bunch of coaches, players and parents would give us less to talk about...which I view as a good prospect.

Maybe we will have more good things to talk about instead of the way things went last season.

I look to CBP and the basketball team as an example. By no means are they having a dream season but he is still doing a great job with those young men,and the team plays their heart out. I believe it starts with the coach. CBP never gives up on the team or the game until the buzzer sounds. He is all in all the time despite the limitations.

Last year the baseball team did not have that same dedication. It was tough to watch. This is a new season and it's hopefully going to be a much better experience for everyone.

Maybe we will have more good things to talk about instead of the way things went last season.

I look to CBP and the basketball team as an example. By no means are they having a dream season but he is still doing a great job with those young men,and the team plays their heart out. I believe it starts with the coach. CBP never gives up on the team or the game until the buzzer sounds. He is all in all the time despite the limitations.

Last year the baseball team did not have that same dedication. It was tough to watch. This is a new season and it's hopefully going to be a much better experience for everyone.

Everyone on the team should be on board with Sunny.....like him or not. Anyone that "can't play for Sunny" should have been on their way elsewhere. Lots of new guys coming in....hoping for more intensity and more heads-up play.

Everyone on the team should be on board with Sunny.....like him or not. Anyone that "can't play for Sunny" should have been on their way elsewhere. Lots of new guys coming in....hoping for more intensity and more heads-up play.

CSG was not on board with the team he had. He did not express that dedication to his kids. That was the difference I was pointing out. I hope that HE has changed and that his heart is all in at AU. We will know soon enough.

The coach is going to change very little. He is too old. Not gonna happen.

He needs players who can mentally handle his coaching style - including the bad stuff. It is now on the coach to find the players that can handle him.

Of course if they buy in and it doesn't work then that is on the coach

The coach is going to change very little. He is too old. Not gonna happen.

He needs players who can mentally handle his coaching style - including the bad stuff. It is now on the coach to find the players that can handle him.

Of course if they buy in and it doesn't work then that is on the coach

In college the players have to adjust to/ get along with the coach...in the pros the coaches have to get along with the players.

College sports are still basically coach-oriented and Sunny is who he is...as noted...not much likelihood of him changing his ways after 20 years just to pander to a handful of 18-19 year olds.

I never played on a team where the coach adjusted his personality to the players. The players have to adjust to the coach or hit the road. Hopefully most or all of them that couldn't adjust to Sunny have hit the road since last June.

I think the team (and the coach) is ready to have a nice season with a chance at postseason. Sunny seems more humble than last year and even said so at the Diamond Club dinner a few weeks ago. WDE

I think the team (and the coach) is ready to have a nice season with a chance at postseason. Sunny seems more humble than last year and even said so at the Diamond Club dinner a few weeks ago. WDE

He had a good reason to be "humbled"....hope that everyone learned something from last year....looking for a better effort this year...and some much better base running....is that too much to ask? :)

For the past four years our baserunners have been making mistakes that would make any Little League coach cringe. Surely we won't see that again? Right?

Archived