**Men vs. Tulsa - Post-game thread**

InfernoOrangeSS

35 points total is not good. Tulsa does have one of the better defenses in the country, though. Tough loss, but it is what it is.

Need Mason back. Harrell is trying to carry the team and he's forcing some shots. Bowers is just a beast, though. Gotta love him!

You can see the AU talent, some guys took entire blocks of time off tonight though. Wonder what our stats were for points given up after missed 3 point attempts?

I can't believe that I stayed up to watch that! Absolutely pitiful performance. Harrell has to be more mentally tough. Canad played well in the 1st half, but Ross-Miller HAS to make better decisions. We desperately need Mason back & Trayvon Reed to join this team in January.

35 points....what is the record for lowest total scored by us?

At first glance, we scored 35 against Vandy in the 2011/12 season. So tonight and that Vandy game are tied for the lowest scoring output since 2001.

At first glance, we scored 35 against Vandy in the 2011/12 season. So tonight and that Vandy game are tied for the lowest scoring output since 2001.

105 and 35....looks like the team has covered both ends of the scoring spectrum...and despite the good feelings from the 105 output, that was probably an anomaly and we will not score that freely against most top teams.

We definitely need more scoring punch...and some of the guys who have committed but are not on campus yet.

Tulsa's defense had a lot to do with our low score. Give them credit. I think we just had a bad night, but those are the things that you build off of. Still glad I stayed up to watch it.

Our 3 pt shooting has to get better due to the lack of much of a post presence outside of Bowers. With him being our only big man it seems like we should almost plan on him to be in foul trouble with 10 to go in the 2nd. We have to get where we can hit the field goals and 3s, only way we're gonna hang with the higher talented teams. Even though this is a loss, and on paper a pretty bad one, there were definitely sparks of greatness to come this year, not just the future years. I'm excited for the season!

That dubious honor goes to the 1913-1914 team coached by one Mike Donahue. They were defeated by a score of 74-3 by the basketball powerhouse known as the Columbus YMCA.

That dubious honor goes to the 1913-1914 team coached by one Mike Donahue. They were defeated by a score of 74-3 by the basketball powerhouse known as the Columbus YMCA.

A cop, construction worker, indian, biker, cowboy, and a soldier managed to almost shut out a basketball team at basketball. Rough.

Anybody expecting miracles from this team was bound to be disappointed. We are a solid two years away from doing significant winning, and three years may be more like it. "Super Coach" or not, the talent simply isn't there.

"Nobody can win consistently without superior talent. Some can't win with it but nobody can win without it."~~John Wooden from his Book: "They Call Me Coach".

Two full recruiting classes on the floor will help but it will take at least three, probably four before we're in the discussion for Sweet 16's and the like.

Analytics says that's not a bad possession. Threes, layups, and free throws... that's how you build an efficient offense. 9% is brutal though.

I believe CBP is ok with taking a good shot, whether it is at the beginning of a possession or not.

Admittedly I am not the expert on what is a good shot ... A great deal of the outside shots last night looked open to me ... Just not made

I believe CBP is ok with taking a good shot, whether it is at the beginning of a possession or not.

Admittedly I am not the expert on what is a good shot ... A great deal of the outside shots last night looked open to me ... Just not made

It was a low scoring game...hit a reasonable percent of those 3s and we would have been in the game. As Mikey noted, this team has a long way to go and not enough depth to make up for a shooter like Mason being out.

A cop, construction worker, indian, biker, cowboy, and a soldier managed to almost shut out a basketball team at basketball. Rough.

Now THAT was funny! Carry on...

Glad he was better at coaching football.

Anybody expecting miracles from this team was bound to be disappointed. We are a solid two years away from doing significant winning, and three years may be more like it. "Super Coach" or not, the talent simply isn't there.

"Nobody can win consistently without superior talent. Some can't win with it but nobody can win without it."~~John Wooden from his Book: "They Call Me Coach".

Two full recruiting classes on the floor will help but it will take at least three, probably four before we're in the discussion for Sweet 16's and the like.

Very well said. I hope the fans understand it will take time. Coach Pearl is severely handicapped in talent and numbers.

I disagree. Based on our potential lineup and bench next year, I believe we will have more than a good chance to make a run at making the tourney.

I disagree. Based on our potential lineup and bench next year, I believe we will have more than a good chance to make a run at making the tourney.

It's going to be a process. Already we've seen 105 and 35 points. This year, I believe, Auburn will win games they would normally have no business winning and lose some games like they did to Tulsa. There is a definite lack of continuity caused by a glaring lack of chemistry in this team, but that is to be expected with a new coach and bringing in 3 transfers that get a substantial amount of playing time. If and when Trayvon Reed comes in and the team starts to gel is when this team will start to hit it's stride. The question is will that be too late to make a run at a post season appearance of any kind.

Archived