Week 14 (Auburn vs. Alabama) - Wednesday Updates

RunInRed

via the Weekly SEC Teleconference ...

Bama HC Nick Saban

Alabama coach Nick Saban on SEC teleconference. As Auburn offenses goes, he says "They have really good players and a lot of good players."

Saban: "This is as good an offensive both schematically and from a weapons standpoint. As good as any offense we've seen all year."

@wareagleextra

Saban on Nick Marshall: "The QB is absolutely built for the system, does an excellent job of executing the system."

@TheMikeHerndon

Saban says Tigers running game is as effective as any.

@jzenor

Saban: "This team has been a lot of fun to coach, and a lot of it is because of the quality of the senior class."

@BarrettSallee

HC Gus Malzahn

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on ESPN talking Iron Bowl: "I really think special teams will be a big factor again, it always is in the Iron Bowl."

"We're looking forward to going to Tuscaloosa."

Malzahn answers "identity" question with a breakdown of the team's offensive and defensive schemes: "We're a run-playaction team."

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn on SEC teleconference. "It's a big week around here. Our players and coaches are excited."

Malzahn on team leadership: "We've got a strong group of seniors. If we can find a way to win these next two games, we'll have 10 wins."

Malzahn: "It would be a very good accomplishment to get to 10 wins" back-to-back years for first time since 1988.

And that's it for now. Coaches were allotted only five minutes on this week's teleconference due to Thanksgiving.

@wareagleextra

"I think we're in a good spot heading into this Iron Bowl," said Auburn's Gus Malzahn on SEC teleconference.

@AUGoldMine

Field position could be huge, I have seen bama's punter pin a lot of teams deep much like we were able to do last year. I would like to see Gus just let it all hang out Saturday and be aggressive with the play calling, even if we are pinned deep.

HC Gus Malzahn

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on ESPN talking Iron Bowl: "I really think special teams will be a big factor again, it always is in the Iron Bowl."

Malzahn answers "identity" question with a breakdown of the team's offensive and defensive schemes: "We're a run-playaction team."

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn on SEC teleconference. "It's a big week around here. Our players and coaches are excited."

Malzahn on team leadership: "We've got a strong group of seniors. If we can find a way to win these next two games, we'll have 10 wins."

Malzahn: "It would be a very good accomplishment to get to 10 wins" back-to-back years for first time since 1988.

And that's it for now. Coaches were allotted only five minutes on this week's teleconference due to Thanksgiving.

@wareagleextra

"I think we're in a good spot heading into this Iron Bowl," said Auburn's Gus Malzahn on SEC teleconference.

@AUGoldMine

...said no one EVER.

HC Gus Malzahn

[

...said no one EVER.

... you do know of the 7 of these held @menswear stadium (Tuberville/Denny) Auburn leads the series 5 to 2.

Bama HC Nick Saban

Nick Saban radio show coming up.

Saban joking on Miss Terry. Asked if she cooks a lot: "Yeah, with the caterers." Cleans it up: "She does cook a lot. I'm getting in trouble"

On Thanksgiving, Saban said he'll think about Auburn for 23 hours and take an hour to enjoy friends, family and his meal.

Saban on importance of Iron Bowl "People have been talking about 1second for a long time. The past is never dead when it comes to this game"

88 on defense, 20 on special teams. RT @Charlie_Potter: Wow. Saban said Landon Collins played 108 plays against Mississippi State

Saban: Cooper Bateman is a really good athlete and is really fast. Said he gives the defense a good scout team look.

Saban: If this game is big to you (fans), show it by creating a great atmosphere of support for the players in Bryant-Denny on Saturday.

@Marq_Burnett

Nick Saban said he doesn't know how to Google, has never done it.

Saban: "I don't Google. I don't know how. I don't know what you'd do. I don't even send texts. I get texts. But I don't send any."

Nick Saban talking movies again: "I like the Godfather. Let's take care of family business."

@Charlie_Potter

Saban . . . on the cutting edge of technology!

Miss Terry may give him a lashing before we get the chance on Saturday!

HC Gus Malzahn

[

...said no one EVER.

... you do know of the 7 of these held @menswear stadium (Tuberville/Denny) Auburn leads the series 5 to 2.

You mean as in.......

10435930_10205225875027447_970747606651142243_n.jpg?oh=b3e36a3888d42a610e6c7057eb102c76&oe=55156E15

Wow... Doesn't know how to google or text?? My late great uncle (WWII vet/hero--escaped a German pow camp) had a computer and knew how to use it well until he died. He would send emails and texts to the family all the time!! Loved that man!!

Maybe the wee man can't reach the computer in order to google?

Wow... Doesn't know how to google or text?? My late great uncle (WWII vet/hero--escaped a German pow camp) had a computer and knew how to use it well until he died. He would send emails and texts to the family all the time!! Loved that man!!

Maybe the wee man can't reach the computer in order to google?

Said he didn't use one for anything except watching football, that he just didn't Google, because he didn't search at all. So it sounds like he's familiar enough to speak the jargon, and so to not imply a real functional illiteracy.

HC Gus Malzahn

[

...said no one EVER.

You mean as in.......

10435930_10205225875027447_970747606651142243_n.jpg?oh=b3e36a3888d42a610e6c7057eb102c76&oe=55156E15

Imagine in their stadium or at UAT would be grammatically more correct. The good wins 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2010, and the not so good of wins in 2008 and 2012.

:) Of course there was his likely implied part about just going to T'Town in general. :(

Auburn had a 2-0 record in Tuskaloser in the late 1890's. Our overall w/l record there is 7-2, though the early games might not have been played in JH West.

Archived