"We Played 4 White Guys and an Egyptian"

Elephant Tipper

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/pitino-blowout-played-white-guys-egytpian-article-1.2023169

Rick Pitino says Louisville didn’t run up the score against Savannah State: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’

Louisville opened the game on a 29-0 run and allowed the fewest points in a game since 1947 in its 87-26 romp over Savannah State.

Louisville beat Savannah State by 61 points Monday night, 87-26. With five minutes to go in the first half, the No. 6 Cardinals led 29-0.

The blowout — it was the fewest points Louisville has allowed since 1947 — led to questions about Rick Pitino and the Cardinals piling it on against a lesser team. He did his best to prove that he wasn’t running up the score.

“I don’t like to see any team struggle like that, I really don’t,” Pitino said after the Cardinals improved to 4-0.

“I tried everything. We played four white guys and an Egyptian. We tried everything”

The “white guys” — Trent Gilberd, David Levitch, Dillon Avare and Matz Stockman — and the “Egyptian” — Anas Mahmoud — played a combined 34 minutes and Pitino closed the game with the three walk-ons (Levitch, Avare and Gilbert) and two 7-footers (Mahmoud and Stockman, who’s from Norway) in the lineup. According to The Associated Press, he went to the bench early in both halves of the game, which Louisville led 41-7 at the break, prompting forward Wayne Blackshear to say, “We thought we were going to keep them down to zero for the first half.”

Lol. Sounds like the start of a joke. Four white guys and an Egyptian walk into a bar...

LOL I was listening to the radio when the host started this story. The first half of the first sentence had me hooked and I thought "this has to be a good joke".....and then it was REAL The story was told by a Marine I've listened to for over 10 years and he made it even funnier.

Archived