Positive Outcome in Ferguson, MO

Elephant Tipper

UPDATE, 11/27/14: Over $200,000 has been donated to her. Wow ! Hope she uses it wisely. People have reached out to her overwhelmingly.

She's reached over $100,000 so far. Apparently she's raising her children on her own and this loss was devastating to her....as would be expected. May the Lord bless her rebuilding efforts richly.

http://money.cnn.com...ndme/index.html

Ferguson bakery crowdfunds $90K after damage

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Thanksgiving is looking up for Natalie Dubose, the Ferguson entrepreneur whose bakery was trashed by rowdy protesters overnight Monday.

Dubose owns Natalie's Cakes and More, and has raised more than $84,000 since creating acrowdfunding page Tuesday afternoon to rebuild her business.

"I am just so grateful for all the love and support that's been showed to me," she told CNNMoney after learning that another $30,000 had been added to the site since the last time she checked. (She was too busy baking to monitor it.)

"I think I cried so much, I shouldn't have any more tears," she said.

Dubose, a single mother of two children, just opened for business in June and raised her start up funds through bake sales at flea markets. She said she put everything she had into the bakery, and was devastated to discover that vandals had smashed in her shop windows during violent protests in the Missouri city of a grand jury's decision to not charge police officer Darren Wilson for fatally shooting Michael Brown.

One window was "completely destroyed," she said. Broken glass was scattered throughout the front of her shop, contaminating much of her supplies and packaging.

But she started baking anyway on Tuesday morning, partly because she didn't want to let down customers with Thanksgiving orders, and partly because she couldn't afford to cancel the work.

Related: Ferguson library sees donations roll in

Good Samaritans stopped by throughout the day, helping to clean up the glass and board up the windows.

"Now the front of my shop is decent," she said.

She also got a call from a woman who wanted to donate money, and who instructed her on how to set up a page on GoFundMe, a popular crowdfunding site.

"I never ever heard of a GoFundMe," she said, adding she never would have expected so much in donations, especially in such a short amount of time.

Related: Ferguson-area gun sales surge

As the clock counted down to Thanksgiving, she kept the oven busy with apple, pumpkin, blue berry, cherry and caramel apple pies, plus pound, caramel, cinnamon raisin pound, strawberry short and split lemon cakes.

Dubose said she has been emotionally overwhelmed by the way people have treated her, first by the damage done to her shop, and then by the outpouring of support.

"I guess that's why I was so hurt with the damage that was done to the place, because I genuinely love people," she said.

I just saw her being interviewed on Shepherd Smith. This type of thing is the untold story that happens all the time in these type of situations. These people damage their own neighborhoods and make matters worse. Race baiters like Al and Jesse go in and stir these people up and then after the damage is done they leave and move on to the next target of opportunity. Those two should be in prison. Al owes some 4 million in back taxes but he's still out.

I posted this thread to give encouragement especially in light of Ms. Dubose's circumstances and that of others in Ferguson, MO as well as tomorrow being Thanksgiving. A grateful heart to God would be best expressed that some good is rising from the ashes. Another thread is dedicated to the other issues.

I posted this thread to give encouragement especially in light of Ms. Dubose's circumstances and that of others in Ferguson, MO as well as tomorrow being Thanksgiving. A grateful heart to God would be best expressed that some good is rising from the ashes. Another thread is dedicated to the other issues.

I'm happy for her that she has a good outcome from this.

Good for her. The American people who don't know her are helping to rebuild her business that her neighbors destroyed proving a point that is yet to be understood by anybody.

I just saw her being interviewed on Shepherd Smith. This type of thing is the untold story that happens all the time in these type of situations. These people damage their own neighborhoods and make matters worse. Race baiters like Al and Jesse go in and stir these people up and then after the damage is done they leave and move on to the next target of opportunity. Those two should be in prison. Al owes some 4 million in back taxes but he's still out.

Leave it to FOX to spin a story completely out to be something it isn't, blaming Obama, and ... oh, wait.

That didn't happen.

Again.

I skimmed the article. Did it say she had two broken windows? And got 90k? Damn that's good business.

They damaged the baking equipment too.

thx

I skimmed the article. Did it say she had two broken windows? And got 90k? Damn that's good business.

thx

She will get more than the cost of repairs. Seeing the type of person she is, I'm sure she will find something constructive and generous to do with the money. God Bless her.

thx

She will get more than the cost of repairs. Seeing the type of person she is, I'm sure she will find something constructive and generous to do with the money. God Bless her.

i wish her the best.

thx

i wish her the best.

I have to be honest, this story made my eyes get a little sweaty. Good for her. Seeing people respond to her need like this restores faith in humanity

Archived