How Do You Like Subsidizing Green Trains in mexico

Proud Tiger

Debate over aid to Mexico

"Despite the continued provision of U.S. assistance to Mexico through USTDA, overall annual-aid requests for that nation have dropped under Obama. The administration’s FY 2015 budget request for Mexico is $136.9 million, contrasted to $757.6 million appropriated in 2010, according to ForeignAssistance.gov."

I'm all for subsidizing the green trains as long as the trains are bringing illegals across the border. We need many more illegals that our president can grant amnesty to and put them on the payroll of the U.S. Government.

I'm all for subsidizing the green trains as long as the trains are bringing illegals across the border. We need many more illegals that our president can grant amnesty to and put them on the payroll of the U.S. Government.

Are you suggesting that diesel/electric locomotives with idle saving technology are going to bring in more illegals?

Are you suggesting that diesel/electric locomotives with idle saving technology are going to bring in more illegals?

I was being facetious but nice try. Who knows, that may be the plan.

You were being facetious but, "that may be the plan"?

Really bud, you desperately need a sense of humor or at the very minimum lighten TF up.

Typical pot stirring response from you. You left out a couple of words "who knows". Those two words change everything about my response. I don't know what the plan or agenda is, although I am confident that there is one other than environmental. You don't know what the plan is either. And just for you, I will answer the Subject question with hell no I don't support it. Spend the money on things that matter in the United States.

Typical pot stirring response from you. You left out a couple of words "who knows". Those two words change everything about my response. I don't know what the plan or agenda is, although I am confident that there is one other than environmental. You don't know what the plan is either. And just for you, I will answer the Subject question with hell no I don't support it. Spend the money on things that matter in the United States.

I am not trying to stir the pot at all. In fact, just the opposite. I am attempting to find out if there is anything behind your conjecture other than the typical "obama sux" rhetoric. Foreign aid goes to a multitude of countries, in a multitude of forms, for a multitude of reasons. Opposing Obama is understandable. Opposing anything and everything he does without reasoning doesn't mean much.

This grant is likely to come back to American companies. This grant is in conjunction with a larger OECD program that began in 1995.

Again, I am not trying to stir the pot or change your mind. It is just discussion.

As a general principle, I support investing in green technology anywhere, anytime.

As for the specifics of this deal (or other specific green technology investments, for that matter), I don't know enough to voice an opinion, or to condone or condemn. I certainly won't condone or condemn based solely on an association with the President or any particular party.

As I stated, my first post in this thread was basically a joke relating to the lack of enforcement of our immigration policy. My second post was just conjecture based on my contempt of many things your president is trying to force down our throats. Frankly, I have no problem with green technology and support any ventures into reasonable solutions. You are correct that it is very possible that some of the American companies who have moved manufacturing to Mexico will be involved and the recipients of some of the money.

As a general principle, I support investing in green technology anywhere, anytime.

As for the specifics of this deal (or other specific green technology investments, for that matter), I don't know enough to voice an opinion, or to condone or condemn. I certainly won't condone or condemn based solely on an association with the President or any particular party.

Green technology is fine and dandy in and of itself. The problem comes when the government starts mandating this and wasting tax money on things that are not and will not ever be economically viable on their own.

Green technology is fine and dandy in and of itself. The problem comes when the government starts mandating this and wasting tax money on things that are not and will not ever be economically viable on their own.

Oh come on CT, what difference does wasting a $TRILLION dollars playing crony capitalism make.

Oh come on CT, what difference does wasting a $TRILLION dollars playing crony capitalism make.

You got that right! Signed, KBR

I agree with you but, this is not an example of that.

They owe us around 63 billion dollars. What's a couple more million? :)/>

I also am against wasting tax money. I cannot make a decision on whether this particular expenditure is a waste based on the information in the linked article alone. Which is, of course, why I avoided taking a stand on this particular expenditure: I don't know the exact details of the grant, how it will be spent and how it will affect U.S. companies, or whether it is economically viable. I don't know that this grant represents a "government mandate" or a "waste of tax money".

Hence my statement that I can neither condone nor condemn at this point. However, I certainly won't condemn merely because "Obama did it" or because it's money (only $600K, not millions or billions) going to Mexico.

I am not trying to stir the pot at all. In fact, just the opposite. I am attempting to find out if there is anything behind your conjecture other than the typical "obama sux" rhetoric. Foreign aid goes to a multitude of countries, in a multitude of forms, for a multitude of reasons. Opposing Obama is understandable. Opposing anything and everything he does without reasoning doesn't mean much.

This grant is likely to come back to American companies. This grant is in conjunction with a larger OECD program that began in 1995.

Again, I am not trying to stir the pot or change your mind. It is just discussion.

More ridiculous waste of our money by Obummer.

http://video.laurain...Mexico-28192904

About as much as I like subsidizing the business model of companies like Walmart and McDonald's where they pay the lowest wages they can get away with and then push their workers on to food stamps and other forms of taxpayer-paid welfare.

I disagree but at least the money goes to U.S. citizens not Mexico.

Waste is waste. Welfare is welfare. Taxpayers subsidizing the wrong things is bad no matter where it goes.

About as much as I like subsidizing the business model of companies like Walmart and McDonald's where they pay the lowest wages they can get away with and then push their workers on to food stamps and other forms of taxpayer-paid welfare.

What subsidies would those be? For people with no skills, Wal-Mart pays pretty good. MacDonalds is a franchise business that provides entry level jobs primarily for kids.Wal-Mart employment can be a career because there is definitely opportunities for advancement. Neither is ever going to be the kind of job people dream of making their career destination. I dont believe people who work at Wal-Mart can qualify for food stamps unless they have 10 kids or something.

Titan......you may not care but I do. So we just disagree. I find a big difference between waste and welfare in Mexico as opposed to the U.S. JMO.

What subsidies would those be? For people with no skills, Wal-Mart pays pretty good. MacDonalds is a franchise business that provides entry level jobs primarily for kids.Wal-Mart employment can be a career because there is definitely opportunities for advancement. Neither is ever going to be the kind of job people dream of making their career destination. I dont believe people who work at Wal-Mart can qualify for food stamps unless they have 10 kids or something.

They pay as little as they can and just push people on food stamps, state exchanges with Obamacare (where they get subsidies), and so on. In other words, the gap between what a person needs to make to live and what they actually make at a full time job is made up by you and me, the American Taxpayer.

What else would you call that other than a subsidy. The generosity of the taxpayer allows companies to get away with pay like that.

But hey, paying people crap wages lets me get my cheap s*** from China and cheap hamburgers so screw them.

Archived