Driver runs over protestors

TexasTiger

Wow! First of all in a demonstration like this on a city street, shouldn't the police be blocking or diverting traffic so this doesn't happen? Secondly, it looks like the demonstrators jumped on his hood as he was trying to ease through the crowd. Thirdly, I don't know what his history has to do with the present since his latest violation was over 6 years ago. It appears as though he panicked at a bad time.

When you block a public right of way you are taking the risk of being injured by bad drivers, drunks, or some nut. Same thing happens sometimes during Union strikes at picket lines, except 16 year olds aren't picketing.

It appears the driver feared for his life and just drove on through. That's probably what I would have done, although I'd have gotten farther away from the dangerous mob before calling 911.

This looks like a case similar to Ferguson, where charges should not be filed but might be because of who it was that got injured.

It appears the driver feared for his life and just drove on through. That's probably what I would have done, although I'd have gotten farther away from the dangerous mob before calling 911.

This looks like a case similar to Ferguson, where charges should not be filed but might be because of who it was that got injured.

Who was injured?

Who was injured?

A 16 year old girl was caught under the car. Minor injuries.

Who was injured?

Yes, I meant that more in relation to the last sentence in Mikey's post. I do not understand what he is talking about. How does it have anything to do with Ferguson? How did he determine that the identity of the person hit indicates charges should not be be file but could be?

Get out of the damn road.

Are people in the road fair game?

Yes they are, when they are intentionally blocking the road and the mob they are part of is threatening the occupants of the car.

Who was injured?

Yes, I meant that more in relation to the last sentence in Mikey's post. I do not understand what he is talking about. How does it have anything to do with Ferguson? How did he determine that the identity of the person hit indicates charges should not be be file but could be?

Charges were only filed in Ferguson, and if they are filed in this case, it will be because it was a white person injuring a black. Any other set of circumstances and there would be no charges.

Yes they are, when they are intentionally blocking the road and the mob they are part of is threatening the occupants of the car.

Did you see an angry mob threatening the driver in this story? Just because you feel threatened, doesn't mean you are.

I don't think they are fair game even if they technically are jaywalking. However why did the parents of that 16 year old allow her to be involved in that? There is a general lack of control over most teenage minors that leads to lots of problems for them and society.

Who was injured?

Charges were only filed in Ferguson, and if they are filed in this case, it will be because it was a white person injuring a black. Any other set of circumstances and there would be no charges.

No. Was Wilson actually charged? Was he arrested and booked? Was there no need to investigate?

I don't think they are fair game even if they technically are jaywalking. However why did the parents of that 16 year old allow her to be involved in that? There is a general lack of control over most teenage minors that leads to lots of problems for them and society.

Them young people shouldn't be in volved in such. That there is whats rong with America.

Who was injured?

Are you contending that our legal system is biased against white people?

It depends on the points assigned.

How many points for a bammer, in the crosswalk, in the Walmart parking lot? I'm thinking about going to town later.

well they put themselves in harms way. and force motorist to play a game of chicken, there is also some intimidation going on. so yes they are fair game if the driver has no way to go but stop. protesters should use the sidewalk, no pun intended.

well they put themselves in harms way. and force motorist to play a game of chicken, there is also some intimidation going on. so yes they are fair game if the driver has no way to go but stop. protesters should use the sidewalk, no pun intended.

I don't know. In this instance, all indications are, the protesters were peaceful. This wasn't a mob. Notice they didn't drag the guy out of the car and pummel him. There is no indication that he was trapped, couldn't backup. Thank God no one was seriously injured. I look at this as an accident, nothing more, from what I read. If you run over someone, I am guessing your are going to need a little more than; the stupid SOB wouldn't get out of the road.

I don't know. In this instance, all indications are, the protesters were peaceful. This wasn't a mob. Notice they didn't drag the guy out of the car and pummel him. There is no indication that he was trapped, couldn't backup. Thank God no one was seriously injured. I look at this as an accident, nothing more, from what I read. If you run over someone, I am guessing your are going to need a little more than; the stupid SOB wouldn't get out of the road.

i hope it was an accident.

Yet another link:

http://www.twincitie...erguson-protest

The case is still under review, and hopefully justice (whatever the truth may be) will be served.

Meanwhile:

It is only the driver claiming he felt threatened by the mob or that the mob was assaulting his car. He may well be telling the truth, but I think we need more than merely the driver's word to determine the truth.

It is NEVER okay to intentionally run down a pedestrian. I'm not saying this driver did it intentionally, but those who suggest that a pedestrian in the street or intersection is fair game because of their location are wrong. Yes, accidents happen. Yes, pedestrians are at risk of accidents when in the path of traffic. But pedestrians always have the right-of-way, and running them down simply because they're in the street is a crime!

Finally, race, age, and identity of victim or driver are completely irrelevant!

if you floor it and plow them yes its wrong. If you are slowly moving giving them the chance to step out of the way then it is on them for losing the game of chicken. its simple, stay out of the damn road.

quietfan, totally agree with your last sentence.

if you floor it and plow them yes its wrong. If you are slowly moving giving them the chance to step out of the way then it is on them for losing the game of chicken. its simple, stay out of the damn road.

quietfan, totally agree with your last sentence.

I hope you do not live in Florida. The old folks here aren't too quick. They don't always look before walking into traffic either. With that attitude, you could easily take out 5 to 10 everyday.

Archived