LSU at Texas A&M

WarTiger

Texas A&M got a touchdown in the 1st quarter on a nice run after an LSU interception. LSU got the ball down deep in A&M territory and ended up with a FG attempt and missed the FG.

7-0 Texas A&M

LSU had a 3rd and 5 play a few minutes ago where Jennings was hit while back to pass but actually fumbled the ball (while cocking back to pass) and it went forward, LSU player got on the ball but wasn't down and a whistle blew. The officiating crew got together, after lsu was lined up to run their next play. They stopped it and reviewed. They determined that the whistle blew before the ball was dead and thus was an inadvertent whistle. As a result, since LSU was in possession of the ball at the time of the whistle, they have the option to accept the results of the play or replay the down. They chose to replay the down and got a first down out of it..

La"el Collins then committed a bonehead personal foul penalty after a 4th down conversion that cost them 15 yards. They were at 1st and 10 (because they reached the line to gain prior to the penalty) but it cost them yards on the field and they ended up having to punt. They pinned A&M at their own 2 yard line...

TCU in the process of hammering Texas...anyone of the top 4 to lose this weekend will be jumped over by them. Would be nice to see AU take bama out of the picture.

Watching LSU play aTm and I still can't believe we lost to this team. Oh, I also see that LSU is not getting beat by the quik slant either. They are defending it without a pass rush, which some were saying that was the reason why we couldn't defend it was because of no pass rush, well so much for that logic. LSU has a good dcoordinator whom will not wait until halftime to make adjustments. Tackling looks easy to them also

LSU offense is doing their best imitation of Auburn offense, very good at the zone read. They are piling up yards with Fournette, who looks like Mason out there trucking some defensive players.

LSU ties it up then gets a TD pass with under 30 seconds remaining in the half to take a 14-7 lead. On the ensuing kickoff, A&M fumbled and LSU got it (they are reviewing it) 22 seconds left. LSU ball at the A&M 19. 22 seconds left in the half.

^^^ added another 3 before half... and now a few minutes into 3rd quarter the LSU running game is taking over

(imagine at some point they may throw just for the fun of it)

A&M 3rd and 10 from their own 49.. and they throw it deep and its intercepted. Announcers were positive it was a free play for A&M but no flag....Interception seals the game for lsu...

It looks like official incompetence may have reared it's ugly head again. It really looked like the LSU defender was offsides on TAMU's last play.

Isn't it sad that AU can beat the hell out of LSU who in turn beat TAMU in College Station who had beaten AU at Jordan-Hare with an 18 year old true frosh QB.

Not a good night for Texas public colleges. TCU is manhandling Texas. 48 to 10 with 2 minutes left. If it hadn't been for an interception by Texas, the score would be 55 to 10.

It looks like official incompetence may have reared it's ugly head again. It really looked like the LSU defender was offsides on TAMU's last play.

Isn't it sad that AU can beat the hell out of LSU who in turn beat TAMU in College Station who had beaten AU at Jordan-Hare with an 18 year old true frosh QB.

Very sad indeed. It's something how only the quick slant killed our defense but was not even an option to work against mizzou and LSU. I wonder why????????

SEC officials displaying their incompetence at a crucial moment.... again. Not that TAMU would have won the game, but a blatant offside missed.....which is a good lesson to the QBs...never...never assume that you have a "free play" just because it appears the opponent is off sides.

As for who beat whom...and when,....and how. Gotta remember that at every game is a different experience....people learning from what they see in scouting an opponent....and which team has the players to make certain offensive plays work.

In the end, once again...the team that made a few critical turnovers lost the game. JMO but is the lesson from our season thus far....and the key factor for the bama game.

i was tending to my sick kid today and didnt realize this was on till it was nearly over. I am bummed that i must now pull for Ms St over ole miss to keep bammer out of atl. I hate ms st. only half as much as bammer.

SEC officials displaying their incompetence at a crucial moment.... again. Not that TAMU would have won the game, but a blatant offside missed.....which is a good lesson to the QBs...never...never assume that you have a "free play" just because it appears the opponent is off sides.

As for who beat whom...and when,....and how. Gotta remember that at every game is a different experience....people learning from what they see in scouting an opponent....and which team has the players to make certain offensive plays work.

In the end, once again...the team that made a few critical turnovers lost the game. JMO but is the lesson from our season thus far....and the key factor for the bama game.

Other teams put their defense in bad situations and they RISE to the occasion, ours not so much. (See LSU vs bama, when bama fumbled inside the redzone with just 2 minutes left in the 4th qtr). LSU was not continuously beaten on the slant either. And I also saw the star freshman defensive end for aTm get treated like one by LSU. He was an allstar against AU. I just hope we play physical on both sides of the ball against bama, because finesse won't get it.

Archived