Women's basketball

AU64

Is anyone aware that Coach Flo's team has already played 4 games...and they play again at noon on Saturday at Winthrop near Charlotte, NC ?

Last year the men's team was so bad that the ladies got quite a bit of attention. This season I hope all the focus on Coach Pearl does not totally overshadow the effort by the lady Tigers.

Surely there is enough student support to go around.

Just a suggestion that when the season gets into full swing that we have a little more pub on their schedule and results.

Agree 100% here as well. This team is 3-1 with the only loss coming at undefeated Virginia.

Most of the buzz has obviously been centered around Coach Pearl and the men, but another factor is that this team is still very young. In year three, Coach Flo is still trying to bring in the types of players she needs to run that pressing defense she is known for. Games like this one at Winthrop need to be a "W" in order to get this program back in the right direction.

I wasn't aware they had started playing, but I really don't care for women's sports. Even in the Barbee/Lebo years I didn't watch it. It's just not for me. I don't disparage anyone who does attend/watch/comment on women's sports. I hope all AU sports win national championships.

War Eagle!!

I wasn't aware they had started playing, but I really don't care for women's sports. Even in the Barbee/Lebo years I didn't watch it. It's just not for me. I don't disparage anyone who does attend/watch/comment on women's sports. I hope all AU sports win national championships.

War Eagle!!

I understand...and I'm not that much into women's basketball...but if you don't watch softball you are missing some fun.

AU Women's Basketball has been exciting over the past few years. Won SEC in 2009, a little slump after but Coach Flo puts on an exciting game to watch - definitely worth a trip to the plains. Besides, if you do't already have tickets tot any of the Men's games, this might be your only way to see some basket ball played in the arena this year.

I always watch our women's basketball team when they are on. Flo is going to build something here and her brand of basketball is fun to watch. I love it.

Like another poster mentioned, if you don't watch our softball program you are missing out big time. That team in year one of Clint Myers was a ton of fun to watch and I have little doubts they will be better this year. Most everybody from last years team returns. They are extremely fun to watch.

I go to several women's basketball games and a like number of softball games every year. Both men's and women's swimming meets are usually worth attending. It's good fun and you can pull for Auburn.

Gymnastics, I don't understand and have never been to one of those.

War Eagle!!

So you obviously prefer men :P

War Eagle!!

So you obviously prefer men :P

To watch playing sports, yes.

:P

I see that the girls BB lost to Winthrop 56-54 on the road today. This is Flo's 3rd year so we need for her to make the NCAA tournament this year.

Archived