Good feeling?

Guest jojo1515

Guest jojo1515

I usually have a good or bad feeling going in to the iron bowl and those feelings are usually (not always) correct. I have a strangely good feeling about this years game. I know we have a prediction thread already, but I was wondering what everyone else was feeling. Usually if most people feel one way about a game this big then the outcomes are pretty close to those feelings. What is everybody feeling? I have an unusual calm right now.....am I alone?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mixed feelings. I feel good in the fact that i know we are the better team if we just bring our game and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with ridiculous penalties, especially the personal foul penalties. The poor feeling i have is we have not shown we are improving in that area. Alabama has looked beatable all year. Give them credit for getting the wins. We have shown we could beat anyone if we bring our A game. I have that feeling that Gus will bring everything including the kitchen sink against these guys which makes us dangerous. No reason to fear losing anymore. If we attack like we did to start the LSU game and hold off on the penalties we could actually win this game by more than one score. If we can just get that swagger on offense early in the game, i think we can out gun them if anything else. Maybe i am still in my turkey food coma but it all depends on limiting penalties on my opinion.

I'm starting to gravitate in the positive direction. Although the team hasn't played well at all the last few games, you can only play badly for so long. At some point you've got to bottom out. This team has the talent to win this game and if nothing else, they should be playing for pride. If not, then there's nothing left to play for. I don't know if they will win, but I'm starting that they will play well.

Like many of the rest of you I have a good feeling about this game. I don't know if my feeling is justified because I had a good feeling about the A&M and Georgia games as well. When I thought we were going to put the losses behind us and come out strong, we would up falling flat and coming up short. I agree that we have the weapons to be dangerous. If Nick is on his game both running and throwing, I think our chances are good. It is about time for us to play a complete game. All the pressure is on Bama to perform. If we can come up with a fast start and take the crowd out early and hit them in the mouth, I believe our chances are good. If we start off slow, turn the ball over and make silly mistakes early, this team has shown that it doesn't play well from behind. Our guys are playing like they just are not having fun. We need to throw caution to the wind and come into BD loaded for bear and have some fun.

I'm with you on the feelings, strange things. My close friend is a UAT alumn and we have gone to many IBs together and our feelings are usually right. If he feels good, I don't and vice versa.

I do feel good about this one. I feel UAT is not the invincible machine some prognosticators are saying and I do think we have the talent and ability to do it.

Maybe it's my O&B glasses and their obvious tint, but I see the O playing to their potential and the D playing with heart and desire!

WDE no matter what!

Great feeling. We out coached them last year. Time to do it again.

Yep, trending that way myself.

Theoretically ....For the other guys it's surely a big game, especially after last year, but it's not the end all be all of their season. They could drop this one and still (being the "U" at T) get into the playoffs. As their history seems to always go. While for AU this is the culmination of many a career, the season, and the difference in being a success. That's a lot to boil down to one game, and thinking some may remember to pass on that 49-0 from just two years ago.

Realistically - Expecting a turn around from the slide and feel perhaps it may of been a bit of looking ahead last week (and a wake up call). Thinking interception game for the history book.

I'll be the contradiction here to everyone else. Just don't see it happening as the last month hasn't been very good. I'm unusually calm about the game, but I think it's because I expect to lose by 10 or more.

Auburn, please make me eat those words Sunday morning!

I want to feel good about the game in the worst way then I start remembering our road performances so far this year. They aint been pretty. As much as I want to see us beat bama, I just cannot see it happening. I will hasten to add, however, nobody will be happier about being wrong than me !

Bama's very beatable. But they are tending stronger and we have been trending in the opposite direction. I think the Tigers can pull it together and win, but I can't say the last month has given me much reason to feel confident.

I'll think you'll be able to determine the outcome of this game before the first kick off. In bammer's last few games, their sideline has been dancing around, showing that bammer swagger. Our sideline the most of this season, our players have been much more laid back, sitting in their groups, not doing much talking/dancing/swaggering (if that's a word). In order for us to beat bammer, we HAVE to come out with confidence, and attack them at every opportunity. We can't settle for punts on 4th and 1, we can't settle for field goals inside the redzone. We have to come out like South Crack-a-lacky did against us, and open EVERY page in the play book. Good news is, I think Gus Malzahn does all of this and more!!!! The pressure is on bammer, and they are beatable. It will take our A game to do it, but it can be done.

Watch the warm-ups, and keep an eye on the sidelines during the game. In the games that we have struggled and/or lost, our sideline has been like a church service. Against LSU, our sideline was alive and electric. I think this will be the telling sign if our boys believe that we have a chance.

War Eagle!!! Beat bammer!!!!

We have nothing to lose. We better throw the kitchen sink at it! I feel like this team has had a couple weeks to get over the loss to thUGA and will play loose tomorrow. Will we win? I have no idea. War Eagle!

I usually have a good or bad feeling going in to the iron bowl and those feelings are usually (not always) correct. I have a strangely good feeling about this years game. I know we have a prediction thread already, but I was wondering what everyone else was feeling. Usually if most people feel one way about a game this big then the outcomes are pretty close to those feelings. What is everybody feeling? I have an unusual calm right now.....am I alone?

No you are not. I feel strangely confident about our chances tomorrow.I felt the same last year and 2010....WDE!!!! Kick em in the butt big blue!

I'm feeling that Auburn will show up. Earlier in the week I had a feeling that we wouldn't, and I didn't like that. I think our guys will to the best they can. And I think now they will make a respectable showing. But I don't think it will be enough. bama is good. They may not be great but they are good, and they are good for 60 minutes out of every ball game. And Auburn hasn't put together a 60 minute game all season long. We're just not deep enough yet and we don't have the D coaching staff to do it. Sorry.

But I am feeling that our guys will be able to hold their heads up high whenit's all over and we may get our hearts broken by a last minute loss, much like bammers did last year.

Well, my husband had a bad feeling about A&M, then again about Georgia...he was right. But he says he has a good feeling about Bama. I'm going to trust his feelings, because I don't really know. I feel like we certainly can beat them, I just hope our players are all pumped up for this game. Anybody know who their pregame speaker is????

We have nothing to lose. We better throw the kitchen sink at it! I feel like this team has had a couple weeks to get over the loss to thUGA and will play loose tomorrow. Will we win? I have no idea. War Eagle!

Amen. uat ONLY beats us when we are pathetic. We are NOT pathetic. Enter, the fat lady!!!

HA! My nephew and I were saying the exact same thing this week. Throw everything at em. We have nothing to lose. Honestly, I do have a good feeling. Also, watching the game alone as my family decided on no party this year and my husband has to work.

Archived