Good news on early signees

quietfan

http://www.al.com/au..._have_comp.html

Four Auburn recruits have completed paperwork, plan to enroll early

Four incoming Auburn freshmen have signed their enrollment paperwork and plan to enroll when the spring semester begins on Jan. 14, allowing them to participate in spring practice.

Quarterback Tyler Queen, fullback Chandler Cox and offensive linemen Tyler Carr and Bailey Sharp all signed their paperwork on Thursday, according to a release from the school.

By signing their financial aid agreements early, the four Tigers essentially locked in their scholarships, although they could still decide to go elsewhere.

In addition, the four players can now have unlimited contact with the Tigers' coaching staff, instead of being restricted by the NCAA's normal recruiting rules, as they prepare to enroll.

...more in link...

Love 'em all, but especially excited about Chandler Cox. I think Jay Prosch was a very big missing piece this season, and might have been the difference in our Red Zone weaknesses.

In the article posted on the other forum (http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120414aaa.html) it says Cox still has at least 1 game left (plays today in semi-finals). It seems odd that he could be enrolled in AU and still playing high school football.

They have signed their financial aid paperwork but enrollment in Spring classes has not occurred. Classes begin in January.

Oops. Didn't see the other thread. Mods, do as you will regarding this one, that one, and whether the news belongs in the recruiting forum, the main football forum, or both....

I like having one over here b/c this is a good place to discuss how this affects our current recruiting cycle. I echo aujeff11's question, I'm curious if we can/project to take more EEs in this class, and I'm also curious what this means for how many more commitments we can accept in this class. Sorry, I know it's already been discussed, but I kinda lost track of that stuff earlier in the season.

WDE, newbies.

The JUCO guys can't enroll and complete paperwork until their semester ends. Usually in mid-December.

Almost all incoming high school students expecting to attend AU for spring term will be enrolled and have their paperwork completed before the end of December. That's normal, athlete or not. They are not enrolled "now", they are enrolled for spring term.

This is good news, we have three "use 'em or lose 'em" slots that had to be filled by early enrollee guys.

I like having one over here b/c this is a good place to discuss how this affects our current recruiting cycle. I echo aujeff11's question, I'm curious if we can/project to take more EEs in this class, and I'm also curious what this means for how many more commitments we can accept in this class. Sorry, I know it's already been discussed, but I kinda lost track of that stuff earlier in the season.

WDE, newbies.

Well, we have 28 slots so if we could get 'em we could enroll 28 early guys. Only three can count back on the 2014 class, the rest would count against the 2015 class. Our max is 28, as long as at least three were EE guys. No EE guys would have limited us to 25.

WDE, newbies.

Well, we have 28 slots so if we could get 'em we could enroll 28 early guys. Only three can count back on the 2014 class, the rest would count against the 2015 class. Our max is 28, as long as at least three were EE guys. No EE guys would have limited us to 25.

Roger that, thanks much.

Does anyone know how many more early Enrollees (including JUCO's) that we can bring in? Jovon Robinson and Jason Smith are also slated to be early Enrollees, as was Tony Bridges before the flip.

WDE, newbies.

Roger that, thanks much.

yep, thanks for the good information!

Does anyone know how many more early Enrollees (including JUCO's) that we can bring in? Jovon Robinson and Jason Smith are also slated to be early Enrollees, as was Tony Bridges before the flip.

Mikey answers that on the previous page.

We could bring in 28 early entrants. 25 would just count in the 2015 class. As I understand it, we're going to have six and possibly more in we can flip some current JUCO targets on the defensive line.

The number I'm looking for is dependent on number of December grads and staying under the 85 max limit.

The number I'm looking for is dependent on number of December grads and staying under the 85 max limit.

There's a pinned thread on the main football forum that keeps up with that. Then all you have to do is find out how many December graduates are currently on scholarship. Also, how many will drop out/get processed before the next school term starts.

Definitely missed the entire left side of our line. Hopefully, Kozan comes back 100%. If he does, it'll be interesting to see how the OL shapes up next year. Braden Smith will push for a starting spot. Devante Danzey will do the same. Xavier Dampeer is the heir apparent at Center, but even that's no lock. Going to be an interesting group. Kozan (again, assuming he's 100% healthy) feels like the only lock starter... from a team returning 6 guys with starting experience in the SEC (Coleman, Young, Miller, Golson, Danzey, and Kozan).

“@rhettlashlee: Congrats to @sammiecoates11 @ChadSlade62 @GageBatten @ThaRealKillaCam Quan Bray on graduating today! And the other student-athletes!”

If Coates is indeed gone to the NFL, then that means that we now have 4 more spots that have been opened up for early Enrollees with the graduation of Artis-Payne, Quan Bray, Sammie, and Chad Slade. Is that correct?

I believe that we already had 3 spots that could carry over from last year, so we should have at least 7 spots for early Enrollees. That gives us 3 more spots for guys like Bridges, DJ Jones, and Christian Kirk.

Including the 3 from last year, we have 28 total slots for new signees, EE and otherwise. The only problem with EE guys is if there is enough space in January under the 85 limit. I haven't checked that recently but I'd be very surprised if we can land enough EE guys to get to 85.

Am I correct that:

Quarterback Tyler Queen, fullback Chandler Cox and offensive linemen Tyler Carr and Bailey Sharp, plus now Jovon Robinson, RB.

Are all now with the team?

Am I correct that:

Quarterback Tyler Queen, fullback Chandler Cox and offensive linemen Tyler Carr and Bailey Sharp, plus now Jovon Robinson, RB.

The four freshmen will be with the team in January when classes start back.

Am I correct that:

Thanks!

Am I correct that:

Thanks!

When does J. Smith report?

Archived