Rhett Lashlee a candidate for Tulsa HC

AEAugirl

Thoughts? Could be a good first HC gig for him.

The thoughts of losing Lashlee don't freak me out at all. I would think Craig would get the OC nod from Gus?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't seem to have much competition:

http://247sports.com...a-Job--33725767

Really? 2 guys with pretty impressive resumes if you ask me. By contrast Rhett has 4 years as an understudy to Gus. it may be enough, we'll see.

Longer resumes. Nutt's a failed HC and other guy's a DC . They miss their offense.

Really? 2 guys with pretty impressive resumes if you ask me. By contrast Rhett has 4 years as an understudy to Gus. it may be enough, we'll see.

Longer resumes. Nutt's a failed HC and other guy's a DC . They miss their offense.

So, you're wired to the Tulsa 'war room"? Both guys have far more experience and every HC who has ever been fired would fall under the designation you assign to Nutt but most get jobs if they want one. If you like I could give you a list of "failed coaches" who were rehired by other programs as HCs.

If offered, I'd tell Rhett to take it. Tulsa is a great 1st gig... heck, Gus started out at Arky State.

If Rhett were to leave, I say promote Dameyune Craig to OC. Let Gus keep calling plays, and let DCraig take over the QB's. I guarantee DC is one of the better QB coaches out there.

All that leaves is to go out and hire a recruiter to coach the wide receivers.

Win, win for everybody!

So, you're wired to the Tulsa 'war room"? Both guys have far more experience and every HC who has ever been fired would fall under the designation you assign to Nutt but most get jobs if they want one. If you like I could give you a list of "failed coaches" who were rehired by other programs as HCs.

A good opportunity for Lashlee if he wants it. Selfishly, I'll skip your list of failed coaches that were rehired and prefer to see Tulsa added to the list of places Nutt failed at.

C'mon Man

A good opportunity for Lashlee if he wants it. Selfishly, I'll skip your list of failed coaches that were rehired and prefer to see Tulsa added to the list of places Nutt failed at.

Good for you but, my offer was to Texas NOT you. He may get the job. If he wants it I hope he does.

If Rhett does leave, I say we promote D. Craig and hire Kodi Burns as a WR coach.

Hire Bill Blankenship as WR coach. Worked with Gus at Tulsa and served as a high school head coach at several places in Texas, which is good for recruiting.

I really don't care what you think and I wish you'd stop asking what I think.

Good for you but, my offer was to Texas NOT you. He may get the job. If he wants it I hope he does.

I take it you would like to see Lashlee go?

I really don't care what you think and I wish you'd stop asking what I think.

Never asked you once what you think. I asked why you felt you knew what Tulsa missed. Thats all. If Rhett wants the job, I hope he gets it.

Not at all. Actually, I think he and Auburn would benefit from him hanging around Gus a few more seasons and gaining valuable experience.

If Rhett does leave, I say we promote D. Craig and hire Kodi Burns as a WR coach.

Hire Bill Blankenship as WR coach. Worked with Gus at Tulsa and served as a high school head coach at several places in Texas, which is good for recruiting.

We would need a big time recruiter to take over the WR's

Not at all. Actually, I think he and Auburn would benefit from him hanging around Gus a few more seasons and gaining valuable experience.

I agree with that, that why I said I'd rather see Tulsa added to the list of places Nutt failed at, thus leaving our offensive staff intact. Ultimately, I have no idea exactly how valuable Lashlee is to our offense, and I doubt anyone else does, but it's certainly hard to argue with the results. When something is working, I like to see continuity on the staff. I do also believe that Gus benefits greatly from having someone that knows him well as his OC.

Archived