Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

With limited spots and limited time remaining, and some new coaches coming in with their own connections and schemes, I am optimistic about our finish.

Do we have a realistic shot of closing with

Kirk 5*, T Johnson 5*, Ivey 5*, Payne 5*, Jefferson 5*, Cowart 5*, and then a 4* LB and CB? If we get half those guys that would be an amazing finish!!!

Who do you think we close with?

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With limited spots and limited time remaining, and some new coaches coming in with their own connections and schemes, I am optimistic about our finish.

Do we have a realistic shot of closing with

Kirk 5*, T Johnson 5*, Ivey 5*, Payne 5*, Jefferson 5*, Cowart 5*, and then a 4* LB and CB? If we get half those guys that would be an amazing finish!!!

Who do you think we close with?

Depends on DC hire. If it's Muschamp, I think we get Cowart and Jefferson, not sure who else though.

I think we drpp Montravious seeing that he was recruited for the Star position and we likely won't feature that in our next defense. Maybe Sullivan too

I think we'll close with Kirk, Ivey, Cece, Cowart, DJ Jones, Beckner, A John Burt flip and a surprise on NSD.

That would be quite the finish no doubt. Here's to hoping your right!

I think we'll close with Kirk, Ivey, Cece, Cowart, DJ Jones, Beckner, A John Burt flip and a surprise on NSD.

That would be quite the finish no doubt. Here's to hoping your right!

In due time my friend. Kirk announces on the 17th, we're putting a full court press on him. I think Ivey has always been ours to lose but that's always been my gut feeling. With Muschamp being announced soon Cece and Cowart would definitely be thinking about us. We're working hard on DJ from what I've read and I believe Garner went up to Beckner recently. John Burt has been on flip watch for a long time and all he ever talks about is AU on his Twitter. The NSD surprise could go many different ways. I don't think we'll get Holland though. Get a weird vibe from him.

I think we drpp Montravious seeing that he was recruited for the Star position and we likely won't feature that in our next defense. Maybe Sullivan too

I hope you're wrong. Those two are Football Players and will fit in at any LB spot or SS. Losing either would be a big setback, losing both little short of tragic.

I hope you're wrong. Those two are Football Players and will fit in at any LB spot or SS. Losing either would be a big setback, losing both little short of tragic.

I'm with Mikey on this!

I do think the new DC will have to sell them on their new position though. Hopefully he is a good salesman.

I'm with Mikey on this!

I do think the new DC will have to sell them on their new position though. Hopefully he is a good salesman.

MA and ES are both ballers that could play LB (think Travis Williams) or SS. Would be very disappointed to lose either.

My unrealistic finish is: Martez Ivey, Byron Cowart, Terry Beckner Jr., Daron Payne, Jeffery Holland, Neveille Gallimore, John Burt.

I'd be happy with 3 or 4 of them. WIth our current 19 verbals, how many more are we taking? I thought I recall 26 or 27 being thrown around numbers wise but don't recall.

My unrealistic finish is: Martez Ivey, Byron Cowart, Terry Beckner Jr., Daron Payne, Jeffery Holland, Neveille Gallimore, John Burt.

I'd be happy with 3 or 4 of them. WIth our current 19 verbals, how many more are we taking? I thought I recall 26 or 27 being thrown around numbers wise but don't recall.

28 would be the max allowed. I don't think we'll use all of those slots unless we can get guys of the quality you mentioned above. Probably 25 or 26 and save two or three for early enrolees next year.

From what a lot of folks have said, that's not that unrealistic if we hire Muschamp.

I understand that us bringing Roc back is a long shot but do you guys think we would be back in it for Thompson if we did?

I don't understand the question. Sorry

Edit : nevermind I figured out you meant coach Rocker. If we got him it would certainly help!

Tracy Rocker is parking at UGA until another NFL gig comes his way. Quoting him after he left AU for the Titans: "My wife asked me what there was left for me to accomplish at Auburn and I had to answer, 'Nothing'."

While I would like to see TR back at AU coaching DL, IDK how much THAT would affect Thompson. It would take Pruitt, and most of all Richt leaving for him to flip IMO. He will, of course, regret his decision around this time each year.

Because Uga is gonna Uga!

Tracy Rocker is parking at UGA until another NFL gig comes his way. Quoting him after he left AU for the Titans: "My wife asked me what there was left for me to accomplish at Auburn and I had to answer, 'Nothing'."

Curious, how is being DL coach at UGA different than being DL coach at AU, other than AU being his alma mater?

Archived