Reese Dismukes wins Rimington Trophy

WarTiger

Reese has been a hard worker and a fighter throughout some years that I am sure it was tough to keep fighting. He more than deserves this award. Congratulations to him and his family. War Eagle Reese!

Recall watching Mr. Rimington play our Tigers in JH back in the early 80's. Was a MAMINAL! Near our goal line Nebraska took a time out and I recall watching Rimington palm his own helmet and single-handedly extract it from his head, popping the chin straps in the process. Had not seen that done before. Glad to see our own win this prestigious award! Congratulations, Reese!

I was there too. Rimington was listed at 290 but he looked to be twice the size of any other player on the field. This was a time when any player over 260 was thought to be huge. Really, so great was the size difference that Rimington appeared to be some different species of creature, not a regular human.

This thread should be longer! But that's awesome for Dismukes and great for Auburn. Is he going to have his picture up next to the scoreboard now?

How come some national awards winners get put up there (Rocker) but not others (Fairley)?

This thread should be longer! But that's awesome for Dismukes and great for Auburn. Is he going to have his picture up next to the scoreboard now?

How come some national awards winners get put up there (Rocker) but not others (Fairley)?

Fairley's was up when I went to the USCe game. He had a billboard on the outside of the stadium, near the locker room entrance. It seemed like every traditional award winner has a billboard on the outside of the stadium, but not necessarily near the scoreboard. Reese will get one. I would guess by the start of next year it will be up.

Fairley's was up when I went to the USCe game. He had a billboard on the outside of the stadium, near the locker room entrance. It seemed like every traditional award winner has a billboard on the outside of the stadium, but not necessarily near the scoreboard. Reese will get one. I would guess by the start of next year it will be up.

Thanks! Looks like I need to refresh my memory!

I am sure you will have a super career in the NFL. The best to you Reese!

Archived