Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

Who cares? The only relevant question is: are they signing or not?

Garner is our recruiting coordinator. Unless I'm missing the really small print, that doesn't say "defensive line recruiting coordinator". So is the claim that he gets no credit for our recruiting overall but all the blame for our defensive line recruiting? Are you even aware that the lead recruiter for a particular guy is determined by geography, not position? You can't give him all the blame OR all the praise for signing a particular guy (or failing to sign a particular guy) if he's not the lead recruiter on the player.

And, chimes, your analogy only works if you're willing to give him till the end of the year to "pull his grade up". If you push him out the door based on "poor results" before signing day... you're failing the kid mid-term.

I haven't said anything about pushing anyone out the door. If you aren't concerned with our defensive line recruiting at this point in the year then you aren't paying attention.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay doesn't either. Every time someone would bring up the subject of adding more seats to J-H, Jacobs would always say "It isn't in our future plans." He's been saying that for a number of years now. Mean time, llook at other SEC teams that their stadium's have grown and have left Auburn way behind the 8 ball.

That is just simply NOT TRUE. Jacobs has never said anything of the sort. In fact, he's said the exact opposite. There is a MASTER PLAN that he has talked about repeatedly. He is always looking LONG TERM and the future. Expanding the stadium is NOT an absolute necessity contrary to you constantly parroting the same tired FALSE information. Good business doesn't say add seats because someone else did it. That's just beyond stupid. There are other things that need to be done there before some mass expansion. One of them (after the others are done) would be to actually SELL what we already have. Until we do that, its totally pointless and stupid to expand the stadium. As usual your hatred for Jacobs blinds you to facts and reality. Jacobs is a great AD whether you like him or not.

Jay doesn't either. Every time someone would bring up the subject of adding more seats to J-H, Jacobs would always say "It isn't in our future plans." He's been saying that for a number of years now. Mean time, llook at other SEC teams that their stadium's have grown and have left Auburn way behind the 8 ball.

That is just simply NOT TRUE. Jacobs has never said anything of the sort. In fact, he's said the exact opposite. There is a MASTER PLAN that he has talked about repeatedly. He is always looking LONG TERM and the future. Expanding the stadium is NOT an absolute necessity contrary to you constantly parroting the same tired FALSE information. Good business doesn't say add seats because someone else did it. That's just beyond stupid. There are other things that need to be done there before some mass expansion. One of them (after the others are done) would be to actually SELL what we already have. Until we do that, its totally pointless and stupid to expand the stadium. As usual your hatred for Jacobs blinds you to facts and reality. Jacobs is a great AD whether you like him or not.

my thoughts exactly, except put more kindly!!!

As long as Muschamp builds his system around the players and not force a system on players Auburn defense will be successful. In my mind that has been the biggest problem over the last decade on Auburn defense.

BINGO!!! The man just nailed it. If Boom is half the coach Gus is, he will run a defense that we can execute. Period. Then he can recruit to his preference.

That's it^^

hey war eagle 6.... Still hearing good stuff about new defensive staff members?.... Hearing any specific time frame or just after bowl games?

Didn't want to read through 40 pages, but has TRob decided to stay with Florida? I haven't heard anything else about his decision since around the 13th - did I miss something?

Didn't want to read through 40 pages, but has TRob decided to stay with Florida? I haven't heard anything else about his decision since around the 13th - did I miss something?

Not that I've heard.

he is still a paid coach under another staff, that is why we have not heard anything as far as defensive staff, and we have our own under contract. so it is safe to assume that all coaches Muschamp is hiring are currently employed

I don't think we'll know anything until after the bowls are over with. I'm sure Muschamp has a pretty good idea of what he will do, but I don't think anything is a done deal at this point, regardless of what has been said. He has to make a big decision. He is from Miami, FL, but he played at Auburn. So it's a big deal for him. With Durkin leaving, that may open the door with him for us I would think.

As long as Muschamp builds his system around the players and not force a system on players Auburn defense will be successful. In my mind that has been the biggest problem over the last decade on Auburn defense.

BINGO!!! The man just nailed it. If Boom is half the coach Gus is, he will run a defense that we can execute. Period. Then he can recruit to his preference.

That's it^^

hey war eagle 6.... Still hearing good stuff about new defensive staff members?.... Hearing any specific time frame or just after bowl games?

Yeah, everything I've heard so far is right on schedule. After most, if not all the bowl games is when things will start happening. Can't wait, it will shake some to the core! WDE

That's it^^

Yeah, everything I've heard so far is right on schedule. After most, if not all the bowl games is when things will start happening. Can't wait, it will shake some to the core! WDE

Why can't you tell us who you're hearing?

That's it^^

Why can't you tell us who you're hearing?

I've already given 2 names, and the others are still committed to their respective teams unlike the situation at florida. Names like Shannon, t-rob, Dede, just to name a few, has been brought up.Besides, my source has not been wrong yet and I'm not letting the cat out of the bag until he gives me the ok. Sorry

How good are the guys you're pointing toward this year? LaDarius Owens was injured. He played hurt, and even when healthy, 2013 was the best season of his career. It was probably a stretch to call him an SEC-caliber starting DE, but he's a fighter. He put his body on the line for Auburn and gave us everything he had. Gimel President shouldn't be a guy we rely on. Seems like a good kid, but he's got a long, long way to go before he should be starting for an SEC team. Elijah Daniel is playing out of position. He's a DT. All the way. He'll be an impact player inside if we can find bodies on the edge, but he was filling a need this season.

Lambert got a LOT better throughout the year. Blackson had his best season. Monty Adams ABSOLUTELY looked better this year than last year. He made a handful of flash plays as a freshman, and that was it. This year, he took almost as many snaps as any defensive lineman. So yeah, he got a lot better.

The defensive line had its issues, and most of those existed on the edge. We just didn't have players there. It wasn't just Lawson. We also lost Justin Thornton to injury. We were playing Brandon King at DE for goodness sake. That's a personnel issue.

As for the whole "our DL recruiting has sucked this year", I'll say again: THE RECRUITING SEASON ISN'T ENOUGH FINISHED! Trying to claim he's done a poor job right now is like stopping a student at mid-terms, handing him the final, and wondering why he failed. You're in the middle of the freaking process. If we land half of the top-tier targets, our DL recruiting looks great. GREAT. If the DL class is Johnson, Swain, Cowart, Beckner, and say Walker or Gentry... that's a fantastic group. Just like last year's fantastic group and the fantastic group from 2013. Giving a final grade in the middle of the school year is stupid.

I don't think it sucked necessarily as we found star talent, it's just the problem of finding that talent and bringing it onboard.

That's it^^

thanks and please keep us posted as you are able

About a week ago, someone posted that Will was trying to get Randy Shannon to be our LB coach. I haven't seen or heard anything further on that.Have y'all?

About a week ago, someone posted that Will was trying to get Randy Shannon to be our LB coach. I haven't seen or heard anything further on that.Have y'all?

It is still being talked about.

Some seem to think we may be getting Rocker, Shannon, and TRob on the defensive staff. That would be AUsome!!!

Things look good for TRob

As for Rocker, if it's a little more $, working at his Alma Mater, and maybe working with Muschamp is a plus, idk, those factors may be enough to sway him.

As for Shannon, maybe more $ and a better shot at a NC may sway him.

If this scenario played out, I suppose Smith, Cheese, and Fountain would all be let go/reassigned.

Who really knows how it is all gonna pan out?

Some seem to think we may be getting Rocker, Shannon, and TRob on the defensive staff. That would be AUsome!!!

As for Rocker, if it's a little more $, working at his Alma Mater, and maybe working with Muschamp is a plus, idk, those factors may be enough to sway him.

If this scenario played out, I suppose Smith, Cheese, and Fountain would all be let go/reassigned.

Apparently WE6 does...

Apparently WE6 does...

Well, yeah. I meant besides him. Haha.

I tend to think, based on nothing but just general observations of all the events in the past week or so, that we are on solid footing with T-Rob. I believe he will be coming here. I think Shannon is a good possibility. Rocker is a little more iffy I think. I have no idea about anything else. As stated, these are nothing but my own thoughts based on what we've all seen transpire over the past week or so.

What happens to Harbison?

Who cares?

Oh you mean is he getting fired. I assume he's gone considering Muschamp is a safeties coach.

What happens to Harbison? Tracy came back to AU before. Maybe he'll come back and stay longer this time.

I think it's a pretty safe bet he's gone. His hiring was for recruiting purposes more than coaching ability. I think we have that aspect covered more than adequately with WM and T-Rob and we get a major upgrade in the actual on field coaching.

I tend to think, based on nothing but just general observations of all the events in the past week or so, that we are on solid footing with T-Rob. I believe he will be coming here. I think Shannon is a good possibility. Rocker is a little more iffy I think. I have no idea about anything else. As stated, these are nothing but my own thoughts based on what we've all seen transpire over the past week or so.

My thoughts are similar.

I'm thinking T-Rob is a very likely AU hire unless he's offered something new and better between now and year's end.

Shannon I see as an unlikely hire. I think he's in a position he likes at HogU and is making good money.

Rocker is the least likely hire. He's in a good place and a move for him will be either vertically collegiate or (probably) the NFL.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

My thoughts are similar.

I'm thinking T-Rob is a very likely AU hire unless he's offered something new and better between now and year's end.

Shannon I see as an unlikely hire. I think he's in a position he likes at HogU and is making good money.

Rocker is the least likely hire. He's in a good place and a move for him will be either vertically collegiate or (probably) the NFL.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

You could be right. You have just as much of a chance at being right as I do. We both got a 50/50 chance at it. We'll see how it all plays out.

Bielema has already stated that he expects to lose an assistant coach this offseason...most Arkansas fans are guessing that it is Shannon going. They also want him at Florida.

Archived