Muschamp Factor

StatTiger

• From 1997-2014, the Auburn defense has held their opponent to 11.3% below the opponent's seasonal average in yardage per game.

• From 2009-2014, the Auburn defense has held their opponent to 2.9% below their seasonal average.

• During the Will Muschamp era (2006-2007), the Auburn defense held their opponent to 20.3% below the opponent's season average.

• During Will Muschamp's final season at Auburn, the Tiger defense had the opponent to 24.4% below the opponent's season average in yardage per game. This was the 2nd best performance by an Auburn defense from 1997-2014.

• From 1997-2014, Auburn held their opponent to 26.4% below the opponent's scoring average for the season.

• From 2009-2014, Auburn held their opponent to 13.9% below the opponent's scoring average for the season.

• With Will Muschamp as Auburn's defensive coordinator, the Tigers held their opponent to 43.7% below the opponent's scoring average.

• Will Muschamp's final Auburn defense held their opponent to 45.5% below the opponent's scoring average, the second best performance by an Auburn defense from 1997-2014.

• During Muschamp's tenure as Auburn's defensive coordinator, the Tigers faced 9 teams that average over 400-yards per game. Those 9 teams averaged 430-yards per game but were held to an average of 315-yards per game against Auburn.

• During Muschamp's tenure as Auburn's defensive coordinator, the Tigers faced 11 teams that average over 30-points per game. Those 11 teams average 34.8 points per game but were held to an average of 17.7 points per game against Auburn.

• From 1992-2014, the Auburn defense held their opponent to 17.9% below the opponent's rushing average.

• From 2009-2014, the Auburn defense held their opponent to 8.4% below the opponent's rushing average.

• During Muschamp's tenure as Auburn's defensive coordinator, the Auburn defense held their opponent to 19.3% below the opponent's rushing average. His 2007 defense held the opponent to 26.1% below the opponent's rushing average.

• From 1992-2004, the Auburn pass-defense held their opponent to a pass-efficiency average of 117.5.

• From 2009-2014, the Auburn pass-defense held their opponent to a pass-efficiency average of 130.3.

• Will Muschamp's pass-defense at Auburn held their opponent to a pass-efficiency average of 109.4. His 2007 pass-defense allowed a pass-rating of 104.3, the 4th best pass-defense from 1992-2014.

War Eagle and Welcome Back Coach Muschamp!

So you're telling me this Muschamp guy is pretty good...

This is what we need to see again.........

- "During Muschamp's tenure as Auburn's defensive coordinator, the Tigers faced 11 teams that average over 30-points per game. Those 11 teams average 34.8 points per game but were held to an average of 17.7 points per game against Auburn."

JMO but the biggest (and immediate)impact he can have is to improve the talent pool. Might be able to turn around some of those guys who are on the fence or committed elsewhere....lots of senior departing from the defense this year.

Should be a heck of a match up for A-Day then.

That was a thought I had. How much better will our offense be going against a defense like CWM's every day?

The amazing aspect of Muschamp's accomplishments as DC at Auburn was that 67.8% of the scholarship players he had to work with on the defensive side of the ball were 3-star recruits or less.

Of the 56 scholarship players he had to work with during 2006 and 2007, only 18 were rated as 4-stars or better and only 10 of those 18 players became eventual starters.

The average rating of his scholarship players was 2.9.

The amazing aspect of Muschamp's accomplishments as DC at Auburn was that 67.8% of the scholarship players he had to work with on the defensive side of the ball were 3-star recruits or less.

Of the 56 scholarship players he had to work with during 2006 and 2007, only 18 were rated as 4-stars or better and only 10 of those 18 players became eventual starters.

The average rating of his scholarship players was 2.9.

I had forgotten how Tubs recruited. He was never one to go out and challenge for the 5-star boys. I'll be anxious to see what the level of defensive talent will be around here now.

He'll have some good talent to work with and more to come. Defense gets a little better overnight immediately just with Boom being involved. What a way to kick off the weekend!

While Muschamp had the TITLE of Defensive coordinator, I'm not convinced yet that he was the reason our defenses were good. Our defenses were consistently good over that 10 year stretch because Tommy Tuberville was here. We had several defensive coordinators and the defense hardly changed at all from year to year. It was ALWAYS consistently good. I'm severely tempering my expectations until I actually see the improvement on the field. Oh and for those talking about Muschamps recruiting prowess, think about this, Florida's recruiting class for 2015 is ranked 71st in the country. I hope this Muschamp thing works, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong (if I am), but I'm not a big fan of this hire at all.

well nothing is guaranteed but the recruiting at UF was excellent on the defensive side of the ball. The offense, especially at QB was awful. We've proven we can get the offensive recruits with Gus and his offensive staff. Defensive recruiting looks like it's going to escalate.

While Muschamp had the TITLE of Defensive coordinator, I'm not convinced yet that he was the reason our defenses were good. Our defenses were consistently good over that 10 year stretch because Tommy Tuberville was here. We had several defensive coordinators and the defense hardly changed at all from year to year. It was ALWAYS consistently good. I'm severely tempering my expectations until I actually see the improvement on the field. Oh and for those talking about Muschamps recruiting prowess, think about this, Florida's recruiting class for 2015 is ranked 71st in the country. I hope this Muschamp thing works, and I'll be the first to admit I was wrong (if I am), but I'm not a big fan of this hire at all.

He did have top-20 defenses at Texas and Florida.

Archived