Effect of Muschamp's Hiring

ShocksMyBrain

I believe the consensus is 'Boom'!

My guess is that we see an immediate effect on the upcoming class, as well as beyond. We'll certainly get interest from, if not actually sign, a few players who didn't have us in the mix before.

Names to watch include Holland, Cowart, and Cece Jefferson, I'll be very interested to see if it has an effect on Bridges -- would be a coup if Boom gets him to flip back from Ole Miss. Would be great if we could sign two from that group. Would be insane if we got all four.

Time will tell, though.

My guess is that we see an immediate effect on the upcoming class, as well as beyond. We'll certainly get interest from, if not actually sign, a few players who didn't have us in the mix before.

Names to watch include Holland, Cowart, and Cece Jefferson, I'll be very interested to see if it has an effect on Bridges -- would be a coup if Boom gets him to flip back from Ole Miss. Would be great if we could sign two from that group. Would be insane if we got all four.

Time will tell, though.

Awesome if we could pull these 4 players

Time will tell, though.

Awesome if we could pull these 4 players

Keeping what few defensive recruits we have committed needs to be done too. There aren't many of them but those few aren't chopped liver.

Agreed with above... especially Mikey.

A BIG thing to watch is really going to be who/how Will fills his staff with. He already has gotten T-Rob to agree to come back home.

I'm not as concerned about his staff. Keeping our current commitments and improving the overall talent level and depth on D quickly is the most pressing. I don't know how long Muss will be at AU so I want a couple or three very productive years on D. Give us a base from which to continue. If we have him longer, just gravy.

We really need bridges

Yes we do, all muschamp has to do is show him film of Hargreaves and ask the question; do u want to be on this level or better? If so, come to AU and learn from one of the best.

We really need bridges

Yes we do, all muschamp has to do is show him film of Hargreaves and ask the question; do u want to be on this level or better? If so, come to AU and learn from one of the best.

Ole Miss has an All American as well though

We really need bridges

Ole Miss has an All American as well though

True, but he's not as good as Hargreaves

I. Wonder if there is someone that Florida was interested in our committed that might take a look at us that we do not know already

I think there was a clause in Muschamp's contract that we can't go after Florida's recruits unless we were already recruiting them.

WE can go after whoever we want to. FLORIDA'S contract with Muschamp only effects him. It can't dictate what auburn does

I doubt AU will need to do an end-run around Muschamp's contract during recruiting. We have contacted about every player rated 3* and above so this is not likely to be an issue.

The dead period begins Monday, yes? Would have been nice to have more than 36 hours for Will to get some visits in. Odd decision/announcement timing, a week ago would have helped. The UF clause is bizarre forbidding him from recruiting guys UF recruited but Auburn didn't before his being hired by AU, is there ANY quality athlete we haven't at least called, approached or sent a letter to in the entire nation?

Here's an article with some reactions from 2015 and 2016 recruits.

And so the Guschamp effect begins now!

Boom Brothers in action!

JHS = The Temple of Boom

"Ripping opponents' hearts out"

Of the four listed Holland will more than likely be the first. I really believe that playing with him as DC and possibly his position coach will get his commitment. I have no inside info or anything but simply have paid attention to Holland's actions. If this comes to pass Mikey should be happy as this adds quality LB depth.

The good thing about hiring Muschamp right before the dead period is the fact that he got to recruit today, will get to recruit tomorrow and then when the dead period starts, his name will get a lot of recruits interested, and once the dead period ends, it will be full speed non-stop for the staff. I expect GusChamp, DCraig, TRob, RG, and everyone else to bring some great guys in... could have a top 5 class... this is just the beginning guys!!

The dead period begins Monday, yes? Would have been nice to have more than 36 hours for Will to get some visits in. Odd decision/announcement timing, a week ago would have helped. The UF clause is bizarre forbidding him from recruiting guys UF recruited but Auburn didn't before his being hired by AU, is there ANY quality athlete we haven't at least called, approached or sent a letter to in the entire nation?

It turns out that I was told by two folks on different days almost two weeks ago that Boom would be our coach. I didn't know whether to trust their sources, but boy, I know now! Also, the HS former teammates of Roc have been saying the same thing for awhile, and that the time elapsed was simply because of Booms' vacation and contract talks. The point is if it was this well known at one high school in the state, and with all the all star games and camps, I'm not sure the 36 hour thing is gonna hurt at all.

Of the four listed Holland will more than likely be the first. I really believe that playing with him as DC and possibly his position coach will get his commitment. I have no inside info or anything but simply have paid attention to Holland's actions. If this comes to pass Mikey should be happy as this adds quality LB depth.

Holland would help our situation. Likewise Roquan Smith. We need to add at least one more quality LB just to have a shot at maintaining sufficient numbers and two wouldn't hurt.

Also, now that we're probably going away from the 2-LB defense, commits Colbert, Sullivan and possibly Atkinson could work in at LB.Things started lookin' up when Coach Hothead came on board!

Holland would help our situation. Likewise Roquan Smith. We need to add at least one more quality LB just to have a shot at maintaining sufficient numbers and two wouldn't hurt.

Also, now that we're probably going away from the 2-LB defense, commits Colbert, Sullivan and possibly Atkinson could work in at LB.Things started lookin' up when Coach Hothead came on board!

I am not real optimistic on Smith. Muschamp will definitely give a much needed boost to this defensive class.

You know as well as I do its different when he's your Coach Hothead. Personally I could do without his colorful metaphors but if he brings defense back to Auburn I will be happy.

By the way I have thought for some time that two H-Backs per year was one too many and the other should have been used to build LB depth.

Archived