Get ready for big season!

austudnt23

I really like what we have coming back on offense next year. The line has players that have started in every possition except center and we will not be starting a freshman at that spot. So, we will have experience at center just not to the level we have this year. the rest of the line will probably over all be better than it was this year becouse of the experience and another year in the weight room. If Duke stays I would think our receivers will be as good if not a little better. We lost Coates but he was injured a good portion of the year and was not abble to be his old self and it seemed like some of yhe other guys were capable of stepping up. More recivers will also be involed than this year when it seemed like the at times the only player we were going to throw it to was Duke. JJ will be one of the best QBs in the SEC and will open up running lanes with his passing unlike NM did with his running. My biggest concern is at the TE and HB positions. Someone will have to step up and You never know how that will work out. We are stacked at RB but until someone proves their self we do not have that HB we need or a blocking TE.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville's offense better not skip a beat. It was fairly average for most of the season.

Unfortunately I doubt it is at this level again...Petrino gets a full year to work on his kinks offensively and get Will Gardner, a guy who showed flashes, more help. Although no Davante Parker hurts.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to have a great season next year. We have ole miss, miss state, Georgia and Bama all at home. LSU, Arkansas and A&M will be tough on the road, but adding Kentucky from the east, I say we have a great chance. Bama and Georgia both have to replace a lot of experience. LSU and Arkansas should be a lot better though. Sammie won't affect the offense as much as we think. With JJ at the helm and a backfield full of 5 stars, and a extremely experienced OL, the offense will be much more balanced. Let's not expect anything though, let's just have fun watching and take one game at a time.

We saw this year our running attack was not as potent as in 2013 even though we still had some returning starters on the O-line. Now we have to re-tool the O-line and break in a new QB with a new RB. I'm not envisioning winning a championship having to replace so many key pieces on offense.

We led the whole league in rushing... What else can you ask for out of a unit in the SEC? They performed outstanding in my opinion.

you are correct. i did not realize that till now.

There will be plenty of capable WRs coming back. Your Sammie Replacement is Ricardo Louis believe it or not he is bigger and almost as fast as Sammie (he is in the 4.3 range)

There will be plenty of capable WRs coming back. Your Sammie Replacement is Ricardo Louis believe it or not he is bigger and almost as fast as Sammie (he is in the 4.3 range)

If Ricardo was going to be that, he would have played a bigger role this year. He got passed by several others. I may be wrong but I don't see it.

If Ricardo was going to be that, he would have played a bigger role this year. He got passed by several others. I may be wrong but I don't see it.

I think this is coaching and some what relationship with the QB, coaching tried to get him involved and in fact it has paid off more but if you have a got to guy you stick with him. If Sammie isn't on the field RL will get more reps there will be a difference. He has the skills and if you are looking for someone to fill that role he is the most viable candidate at this point. We also have Ray, Denson, Truitt, etc it could be interesting next year.

Auburn has a lot of talent on offense, but it's essentially a rebuilding process. The reason Auburn's running game has been so effective the last couple of years is the read option, with NM a serious run threat. JJ is more of a passer and when we've seen him running the offense, we've seen a different kind of play calling. Some people seem to think that CGM was kind of holding back, not revealing how good a runner JJ is. I'm not sure there is any basis for that idea, but even if true, I doubt that JJ will ever be the runner that NM was, just as NM could never be the passer that JJ is. (And let's not forget about Sean White, who is a talented QB and will compete with JJ for the start.)

The OL is going to be rebuilding. Dismukes was an important part of the line the past couple of seasons. I am skeptical that Kozan will make it back. Smith will step in, but he lacks game experience. And even with the experience on the line this year, they weren't very good at pass blocking. The talent is there, but it will take some time to gel. It remains to be seen if Coleman or Miller can be a standout LT in an offense that passes a lot more.

The schedule is less brutal in 2015, but some of those teams Auburn beat this year will most likely be a lot better next season -- notably LSU and Arkansas.

I went into 2014 with expectations that Auburn would be 10-2, and I still believe Auburn *should* have beaten TA&M and MSU. But it's too early to be thinking about 2015. Yes, having Roc 'n' Rob in the backfield will be awesome. The defense *should* be better. But we really don't know how the new offense will shape up with JJ or SW at the helm.

So I'm going to stay in the "wait and see" mode until next fall camp.

Hey 23, do you expect Duke to stay?

I hope duke stay's. Bray is graduating and coates already is going, if he leaves JJ will be starting just as our top 3 receivers leave.

Hey 23, do you expect Duke to stay?

I hope duke stay's. Bray is graduating and coates already is going, if he leaves JJ will be starting just as our top 3 receivers leave.

Don't forget that CJ Uzomah is leaving, also.

I truly believe the offense can be more dangerous next year with more of a pro style quarterback. Teams will have to stop loading the box so much which will mean more opportunities to run the ball downhill at people. I certainly hope Duke stays, but if not there are several guys more than capable of stepping up. I already believe Melvin Ray is an underused commodity. It seems like when he touches the ball good things always happen. He has been a beast of a blocker as well. Also, will Jaylon Denson not be back also? There was a ton of promise there before his injury in 2013. It is also time that Ricardo Louis steps up to be a consistent player that can be used in numerous situations. I actually thought that, after his blunder on the kick return in the State game, he actually stepped up and played pretty well the remainder of the season. Marcus Davis can be a solid player in the rotation. Who knows about Tony Stevens? He certainly was a huge prospect coming in, and I have heard he has been coming on alot as of late. They also have Dominic Walker and Myron Burton who are both really big bodies. There is definitely a ton of potential there. I think they will be fine up front. My opinion is that J.B. Grimes is one of the best in the business.

except he has hands like bricks and can't hold a ball

He was more consistent this season though which was nice

This will be Ricardo's year to either show out, or be relegated to the occasional sweep/screen like this year. He seems to play tight a lot, as in he is trying to NOT mess up. IDK how much Sport's Psychology we employ at AU, but a player with all the skill that RL has, needs to try everything. It will be interesting to see, no doubt.

x2.

Duke staying is up in air. I would say 40/60 not.in favor of us. He comes from bad background and his family really needs money for help. That being said a college diploma would be very helpful for him.

Duke staying is up in air. I would say 40/60 not.in favor of us. He comes from bad background and his family really needs money for help. That being said a college diploma would be very helpful for him.

You can always come back and work on your degree during the offseason or after your career is over. Cam came back for the spring semester each year to finish his degree. Duke could do the same thing.

You can always come back and work on your degree during the offseason or after your career is over. Cam came back for the spring semester each year to finish his degree. Duke could do the same thing.

Cam supposedly was stable financially (his father supposed was very very stable financially but that's neither here nor there)

Duke isn't poor or anything but his family isn't on the best of terms

Cam supposedly was stable financially (his father supposed was very very stable financially but that's neither here nor there)

He can do what he wants or whatever he feels like is in his best interest. Personally, if I were a young man with his ability and could get drafted in the 2nd round or maybe even the third, I'd go. Selfishly, I'd like to see him stay but I can't blame him for going if he does.

He can do what he wants or whatever he feels like is in his best interest. Personally, if I were a young man with his ability and could get drafted in the 2nd round or maybe even the third, I'd go. Selfishly, I'd like to see him stay but I can't blame him for going if he does.

^^^

I envision Davis as more a replacement for Sammie. He is 6-4 and fast.

I envision Davis as more a replacement for Sammie. He is 6-4 and fast.

??

Archived