• Last Reply

He will put players at postions they were suppose to play for one thing

HB Toney is a LB

LB Harding is a SS

ST Garrett is a LB

FS Holsey is a CB

FS Ford is a RB

SS Roberts is a CB a 180 saftey yikes 38 lbs less than Moncrief

Though Lambert makes sense to move to DT unless we pick up Thompson or Payne.

He'll have players in position and not 5 yards away from where they're supposed to be. We son't see D players hitting receivers after the play is over out of frustration, costing the team another 15 yards, which we saw FAR too many times this year...a sign of lack of discipline. I expect we'll have a pass rush also.

I think his energy is what is most needed right now.Get after the players and expect them to play hard every play.Just that will go a long way to improve the D.

I would rather see him at Tailback.

We are stacked at tailback Don't need him there. He will ride the bench on offense and see little to no PT.

Yup. Jovon. Peyton. Thomas. Kerryon.

Where would Ford fit in?

Ford was good playing safety, especially considering he started out on offense. He has alot of potential

It's this line of thinking that got us where we were in the first place. Ford is a good ball player but not an SEC safety. I'm looking for Tray Mathews to step in and another actual true safety to step up.

Ford was good playing safety, especially considering he started out on offense. He has alot of potential

It's this line of thinking that got us where we were in the first place. Ford is a good ball player but not an SEC safety. I'm looking for Tray Mathews to step in and another actual true safety to step up.

What got us in the condition we are in now IMO is that defensive backfield is where guys end up who are not big enough, fast enough or shifty enough to play offense. ...so they get moved there in hopes of finding playing time.

We need guys in our defensive backfield with physical skills equal to the typical WR and RB plus a nasty attitude to go along with it. AND...they need to start playing defense as freshmen and not halfway through their college careers.

Jones seems to be getting there and made a lot of progress this year.

What got us in the condition we are in now IMO is that defensive backfield is where guys end up who are not big enough, fast enough or shifty enough to play offense. ...so they get moved there in hopes of finding playing time.

We need guys in our defensive backfield with physical skills equal to the typical WR and RB plus a nasty attitude to go along with it. AND...they need to start playing defense as freshmen and not halfway through their college careers.

Jones seems to be getting there and made a lot of progress this year.

All of this.

Can't wait to see some real DB's pretty soon. Going back and watching some 06 and 07 film has gotten me excited seeing the attitude those DB's played with.

I believe Ford was our leading tackler for the year. That tells a tale right there, but he is going to be great.

I believe I heard the "Sportstalk" radio guys going on for several minutes about how they thought he was one of the most promising players we had in the secondary, how he had NFL potential at safety, etc.

Ford has plenty of great potential to be a superb safety. ..no clue what some of you guys are complaining about. Seems some are just never satisfied.

I believe Ford was our leading tackler for the year. That tells a tale right there, but he is going to be great.

I believe I heard the "Sportstalk" radio guys going on for several minutes about how they thought he was one of the most promising players we had in the secondary, how he had NFL potential at safety, etc.

These guys play, sometimes, more than one position in HS. They may place their best athlete at tailback even though he may be better in the secondary in college.

These guys play, sometimes, more than one position in HS. They may place their best athlete at tailback even though he may be better in the secondary in college.

Exactly....Ford has great speed and is a hard hitter. Pretty damn good reaction too. He's young too...no doubt T-Rob and CWM can elevate his game. Not to mention the kid has a ton of heart.

I hope that we, as fans, can be patient and realize that it may take time to turn this ship around. The mess of a defense we've had the last 5 seasons wasn't made overnight, and it won't be cleaned up overnight.

Archived