Players leaving early

AUTUmike

I've heard some rumblings about McKinzy leaving early for the NFL. Anyone have any info on this?

Other than Coates and Duke, are there any other players seriously considering an early exit?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowhere near good enough. My guess would be an undrafted free agent at this point. If he sticks around for a year under CWM he might make the board and get some signing bucks.

My understanding is that McKinzy, Williams, Coates and Frost have asked to be evaluated to see where they would possibly get drafted. It's unlikely either McKinzy or Frost leave early, IMO.

My understanding is that McKinzy, Williams, Coates and Frost have asked to be evaluated to see where they would possibly get drafted. It's unlikely either McKinzy or Frost leave early, IMO.

Avery Young requested evaluation too, but I too think McKinzy, Frost, and Young return.

I don't know what their personal/family details entail, but I think every junior defensive player would be crazy not to stick around under Muschamp's tutelage for a year.

McKinzy is worried about having to learn a new defensive scheme, that is why he is considering leaving, although ultimately I expect him to stick around. He's not exactly dripping with football IQ, to put it bluntly.

I don't know what their personal/family details entail, but I think every junior defensive player would be crazy not to stick around under Muschamp's tutelage for a year.

McKinzy is worried about having to learn a new defensive scheme, that is why he is considering leaving, although ultimately I expect him to stick around. He's not exactly dripping with football IQ, to put it bluntly.

Sounds like a fairly valid reason. Although potentially being undrafted free agent this year versus showing a little effort for another year in college seems like it would be a no-brainer.

At worst, he'd just wind up in the same spot this time next year.

Linebacker will really blow without casanova and frost. I don't think either is ready. Frost has the ability but isnt there yet.

I think Frost could possess the leadership qualities that this team will need next year.

I strongly believe Kris, Sammie and Duke needs to stay for their senior year. Their stock will go up even higher for the 2016 draft if they don't leave early.

Linebacker will really blow without casanova and frost. I don't think either is ready. Frost has the ability but isnt there yet.

I don't see where there would be much of a fall-off. Swain, Garrett and Tre Williams have done as well as any of our LB's when they are out there.

I don't see where there would be much of a fall-off. Swain, Garrett and Tre Williams have done as well as any of our LB's when they are out there.

so are we to understand that you are okay with us having less depth at linebacker?

I agree Mikey. Frost will be a 5th year senior if he returns. Don't expect him to improve much. McKinzy should be a DE. I think the 3 you mention might be more coachable in CWM's system. Hopefully a couple of freshmen could provide depth under Boom's tutelage.

Sammie and Duke are risking too much to stay. McKenize is likely a late round pick, he has he size and speed neither is likely to become much better with another year at AU. Frost is unlikely to be drafted. He doesn't have the measurables, he needs a great year to showcase some talent and needs to get on a jumping / leaping program to increase his speed.

Frost is unlikely to be drafted. He doesn't have the measurables, he needs a great year to showcase some talent and needs to get on a jumping / leaping program to increase his speed.

Good god, you are so wrong its not even remotely funny.

I think Frost could possess the leadership qualities that this team will need next year.

Definitely

Gracious, I don't often jump fully on-board with meta because of his bedside manner, but wow, that statement couldn't be farther from the truth. Frost has every measurable you'd ever want from a LB. What he lacks is consistency in his film. He had dominant games this year, and he had games where he disappeared. Consistency is the only thing he'd lacking. He and Cass would be crazy to leave, but the same was true of Darvin Adams and Robert Johnson. I hope they both come back. The idea that we wouldn't miss them is nuts. Mikey, you're out of your mind if you think the back-up LBs looked as good as Frost and McKinzy. Out of your mind. Tre Williams was so lost he had to be removed from the rotation. He's got a ton of talent, but he looked like a blind man wandering around in a new place. He just bumped into stuff from time to time.

I doubt he leaves just yet. I think the hiring of WM might get him to change his mind. He won't get drafted right now if he went.

Our LB's haven't been that great because who was the LB coach? EJ... And that stupid system. I don't blame the LB's just yet. But next year should be better with 2 whole years of experience and a new LB coach. That will be a really important hire.

Does anyone know when NFL evaluations are returned to players? I've got to think that the new evaluation process will help us keep guys that would have previously been projected as late round picks.

I tell you what, one good thing for the players is that won't be evaluated half as harsh as they are on this board? Some of you are a trip

Archived