Jovon Robinson now officially an Auburn Tiger

WarEagle84

Ronnie Brown played over 230 as well I believe. He may need to lose weight, I don't know, he might not though. For people here to say he needs to lose x amount of pounds is just silly, like any of us know how he plays at what weight.

I shouldn't have assumed exactly what he weighs, but he is rumored to be 240 and the extra weight is "bad weight". Losing 10 pounds can do wonders for a player. Yes clearly he is going to be a bigger back but by watching his film its tough for him to outrun people when he gets to the secondary.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronnie Brown played over 230 as well I believe. He may need to lose weight, I don't know, he might not though. For people here to say he needs to lose x amount of pounds is just silly, like any of us know how he plays at what weight.

I shouldn't have assumed exactly what he weighs, but he is rumored to be 240 and the extra weight is "bad weight". Losing 10 pounds can do wonders for a player. Yes clearly he is going to be a bigger back but by watching his film its tough for him to outrun people when he gets to the secondary.

And not saying he has to be able to, just saying that would make his game seem unstoppable.

For people here to say he needs to lose x amount of pounds is just silly, like any of us know how he plays at what weight.

Its not silly at all. He played better last season at a lower weight. He is carrying some bad weight right now; there is no reason for him to be ~238 pounds.

For people here to say he needs to lose x amount of pounds is just silly, like any of us know how he plays at what weight.

Its not silly at all. He played better last season at a lower weight. He is carrying some bad weight right now; there is no reason for him to be ~238 pounds.

I said it's silly to throw an arbitrary number out there. He might need to lose weight, but no one but him and our coaches know what weight that is. That's like me saying he needs to play at 228, what do I know?

Robinson, who is 6 foot, has played at about 225 pounds the past few seasons and said the extra weight hasn’t hampered him this fall, but admits there would be “nothing wrong with me losing a couple of pounds.” Even Jovon thinks he should lose a couple pounds.

This guy has really good vision and some nice moves for a guy that weighs 238. I'm excited to see our RB combo this year. I see the potential for a similar Cadillac & Ronnie combo. If Duke and Sammie stay or at least one stays our offense could be even better than before.

Great vision

Great acceleration

Great use of hands

Is it too early to go BEAST mode yet?

Some of those runs remind me of Kenny Irons

This guy has really good vision and some nice moves for a guy that weighs 238. I'm excited to see our RB combo this year. I see the potential for a similar Cadillac & Ronnie combo. If Duke and Sammie stay or at least one stays our offense could be even better than before.

Great vision

Great acceleration

Great use of hands

Agree. You take Ronnie Brown's size and add Kenny Iron's running style and you've got a baaaaad man.

Great vision

Great acceleration

Great use of hands

Agree. You take Ronnie Brown's size and add Kenny Iron's running style and you've got a baaaaad man.

So here is the article where he talks about his weight, I can see why he has crept up in weight.

http://collegefootball.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/23/top-juco-rb-jovon-robinson-playing-at-240-pounds/

I am sure the comparison will be made but if you combine Ronnie and Irons you get this btw (jovon doesn't appear to have the same acceleration that Bo had, well no one does but that is another thread)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Jackson

Archived