Premium Seating A Possibility in the JHS Endzones

autigeremt

Auburn is studying the possibility of adding club seats in both end zones at Jordan-Hare Stadium as part of a multi-phase renovation that could top out at more than $100 million, according to officials involved in the project.

The upgrades revolve around moving Auburn's home locker room from the south end zone to the north end zone, which has more space for redevelopment, according to Jay Jacobs, the school's athletic director.

At Auburn, the appetite is strong for premium seats. The current 5,000 club seats along the sidelines are sold out and fans holding tickets to about 750 regular seats in the stands pay club-seat prices without access to indoor lounges.

http://www.sportingn...exas-am-alabama

Fotor_Created.jpg

The Master Plan for Jordan-Hare Stadium at Auburn University creates a comprehensive long range plan for improvements to all areas of the Stadium focusing on the needs of the student-athletes, Auburn supporters, coaches, staff and university students.

The Master Plan will improve athletic facilities and infrastructure, recognizing and building on the qualities unique to Auburn. Implementation of the Master Plan will enhance the quality of experience of the student athlete and the Auburn community at large.

The Master Plan presents development and improvement options for many areas of the stadium as “Design Components” for implementation as funding becomes available. Some of the needs that will be addressed include: (Note, order does not indicate priority.)

1. Site improvements at entry gates, ticketing, and adjacent circulation.

2. Design to maximize recruiting.

3. Stadium aesthetic improvements of the existing structure, entries, and concourses.

4. Vertical circulation improvements for ingress and egress.

5. Investigate revenue opportunities through club seating and sponsorship.

Jordan-Hare Stadium is an integral part of Auburn athletics and with the implementation of the Master Plan, current improvements and future renovations will be in place to provide an exciting atmosphere and environment for the Auburn University Family for many years to come.

http://www.piepersfc...es/Page1468.htm

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, that seems a bit strange to move the Home locker room to the North Endzone. Unless they do a complete switch of the Student and Away team seating sections, I'm not sure how that would work. And moving the student section to the north endzone would (I think) dramatically downgrade the quality of the seats since the majority of students would then be facing the afternoon sun rather than have it at their backs/sides. I would assume they'd either have to do away with the videoboard and add smaller ones or move it over to the north side. That would also be very interesting concerning Tiger Walk and if the route would have to change to adjust to the change in locker rooms - not sure that it would since there is a large opening onto the field near the band's corner that you can bypass the locker room. Wonder if this would mean that both teams would make their entrance onto the field from the same endzone.

Extra club seating would be good. Moving the locker room to the north may require a new field level entrance like the one in the south end zone. Moving student sections to the north would be a big flip flop. The north visitor sections could be part of that move.

We need to get JHS to around 90,250. This is not a monumental task whatsoever, and would place us among the top 5 in the SEC. I hope we can do something like this within the next 2-3 years.

Any expansion needs to get JHS over 100,000. That is where the rest of the conference is heading. It is time to go big or get left behind. We may have empty seats for some of the non-conference games against teams we shouldn't be playing anyway but that is the price we pay for playing those teams.

I used to want an expansion to JHS. Now I am not so sure. We could end up like BDS, where low-class fans fill the end-zone upper decks.

Adding premium seating could be a good idea.

I used to want an expansion to JHS. Now I am not so sure. We could end up like BDS, where low-class fans fill the end-zone upper decks.

How does that distinguish the end-zone upper decks from the rest of BDS?

Glad we are "considering" premium seating in the EZs......again. But it's beyond time for us to be DOING the following.

* go to a maximum 90,000 seats for now

* add premium seating and luxury suites

* add 2 jumbotrons to the corners opposite the large jumbotron

* upgrade the sound system

* upgrade plumbing where needed

* brick the exterior

I am a member of the AUMB, so the idea of moving the home locker room to the opposite side of the stadium scares me. It would completely alter how we do pregame. However, I DO agree on expanding the stadium. 90K+ with the easy option of expanding it above 100K (see the 2004 upper deck expansion). Aesthetics obviously need upgrading. The sound system is terrible, every time a rap or hip hop song plays the bass sounds TERRIBLE because the speakers have blown. I find the idea of moving the locker room interesting because it'll make it easier to brick up that side, but from a band standpoint, it terrifies me.

Lol. What are you trying to say? Do low class people not deserve to see Auburn play and upper class people are the only ones? How about filling the north end zone with club seats and the South with a second deck. Everybody should be allowed to benefit from From an expansion.

Whatever stadium improvements happen at Auburn, the focus should be on gameday experience, recruiting upgrades, and adding premium seating.

Attendance is down at most places in America, including most of the SEC. We, just like everyone else, have to make sure that the experience of being at the game is worth the price of the ticket.

To go over 90,000 would be a waste. Nothing in our performance of season ticket sales suggests we should add any seats, really. However, there does seem to be an appetite for premium seating, and that's where good money is made.

On whether the picked noses bleed blue.

I'll just take a north end jumbo tron, a sound system that doesnt sound like a cassette deck is plugged into it, and a game clock that works. :poke:

I agree we need to go to 100,000.

"No." And here's why... (Sorry. I disagree. But, it's for a good reason.)

I love Auburn. I'm a season ticket holder in JHS. The games I can't go to, I Stubhub. I've done the math. It's about break even.

One year I scalped Bama tickets for fun. Bought season tickets and sold them piecemeal. Played the part and all. I learned a lot. Made a few hundred bucks. I'd like to share this with you so you know what I know.

I lived in Birmingham. To save on the fees, I used Craigslist, etc. to market Alabama tickets. I would meet a Turd at a gas station or something. Sometimes I'd even wear a red shirt for the hell of it.

Let me say this first. They are exactly as we describe them here. They are the 85%. They are dumb. They are foolish with their money when it comes to Alabama. They buy unlicensed apparel. They do not possess a college degree. They have bad habits, etc.

The lowest common denominator for someone living in the state of Alabama is Alabama football. "RMFT" is all some people have. They make very little money. They have borderline personality disorders originating from dysfunctional upbringings and hard times at home.

I write all of this as a prefix to this:

16295249-mmmain.png

We are outnumbered in the state. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Auburn graduates sufficient students annually to expect a packed stadium every Saturday. But, plenty of those alums are engineers, veterinarians, etc., who have busy lives and may have relocated out of the state- too far to attend every home game.

I would estimate the demand for Alabama tickets to be about 2X or more the demand for Auburn tickets.

"There are currently 32,000 names on the Tide Pride waiting list for season tickets and only half of one percent of ticket holders drop off the list annually." http://www.al.com/sp...hletics_di.html

I believe some portion of what they are reporting is generated by the Alabama athletic department to drum up demand. But, I know plenty of Alabama fans who have been waiting over 7 years for that call.

By contrast, season tickets to Auburn were available from the ticket office late into the summer this year.

If we want to consider expanding seating, we need to be certain we can fill those seats. JJ and the PTB in the athletic department know this.

That's why they are talking more club seating and not an expansion in the 10,000s of seats.

Personally, I think we could take large portions of the end zones and convert them into cushier seating with covered pavilions, at the cost of attendance figures, and experience a net positive for the school and the program. I support a plan to increase premium seating. If it is planned right, we can add seats when the "Bahr" generation dies out and Auburn enjoys a better share of the local fan base. Though, I'd prefer we not co-opt any of the 85%.

I am a member of the AUMB, so the idea of moving the home locker room to the opposite side of the stadium scares me. It would completely alter how we do pregame. However, I DO agree on expanding the stadium. 90K+ with the easy option of expanding it above 100K (see the 2004 upper deck expansion). Aesthetics obviously need upgrading. The sound system is terrible, every time a rap or hip hop song plays the bass sounds TERRIBLE because the speakers have blown. I find the idea of moving the locker room interesting because it'll make it easier to brick up that side, but from a band standpoint, it terrifies me.

Why can't we just move the visitors over there? :dunno:

I agree we need to go to 100,000.

"No." And here's why... (Sorry. I disagree. But, it's for a good reason.)

I love Auburn. I'm a season ticket holder in JHS. The games I can't go to, I Stubhub. I've done the math. It's about break even.

One year I scalped Bama tickets for fun. Bought season tickets and sold them piecemeal. Played the part and all. I learned a lot. Made a few hundred bucks. I'd like to share this with you so you know what I know.

I lived in Birmingham. To save on the fees, I used Craigslist, etc. to market Alabama tickets. I would meet a Turd at a gas station or something. Sometimes I'd even wear a red shirt for the hell of it.

Let me say this first. They are exactly as we describe them here. They are the 85%. They are dumb. They are foolish with their money when it comes to Alabama. They buy unlicensed apparel. They do not possess a college degree. They have bad habits, etc.

The lowest common denominator for someone living in the state of Alabama is Alabama football. "RMFT" is all some people have. They make very little money. They have borderline personality disorders originating from dysfunctional upbringings and hard times at home.

I write all of this as a prefix to this:

We are outnumbered in the state. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Auburn graduates sufficient students annually to expect a packed stadium every Saturday. But, plenty of those alums are engineers, veterinarians, etc., who have busy lives and may have relocated out of the state- too far to attend every home game.

I would estimate the demand for Alabama tickets to be about 2X or more the demand for Auburn tickets.

"There are currently 32,000 names on the Tide Pride waiting list for season tickets and only half of one percent of ticket holders drop off the list annually." http://www.al.com/sp...hletics_di.html

I believe some portion of what they are reporting is generated by the Alabama athletic department to drum up demand. But, I know plenty of Alabama fans who have been waiting over 7 years for that call.

By contrast, season tickets to Auburn were available from the ticket office late into the summer this year.

If we want to consider expanding seating, we need to be certain we can fill those seats. JJ and the PTB in the athletic department know this.

That's why they are talking more club seating and not an expansion in the 10,000s of seats.

Personally, I think we could take large portions of the end zones and convert them into cushier seating with covered pavilions, at the cost of attendance figures, and experience a net positive for the school and the program. I support a plan to increase premium seating. If it is planned right, we can add seats when the "Bahr" generation dies out and Auburn enjoys a better share of the local fan base. Though, I'd prefer we not co-opt any of the 85%.

Nice post! I agree 100%

I'll just take a north end jumbo tron, a sound system that doesnt sound like a cassette deck is plugged into it, and a game clock that works. :poke:

Sorry, the faulty clock has now become a tradition. Can't be changed.

Glad we are "considering" premium seating in the EZs......again. But it's beyond time for us to be DOING the following.

* go to a maximum 90,000 seats for now

* add premium seating and luxury suites

* add 2 jumbotrons to the corners opposite the large jumbotron

* upgrade the sound system

* upgrade plumbing where needed

* brick the exterior

^^^ this...

the thing I would prefer is NO upper decks in either end zone but with new premium seating boxes added on top / just above both end zone seats (basically keeping the look of the current Jordan Hare stadium with upper decks east and west only... then just have 2 HUGE jumbo trons... one at each end on top of the new box seats (...with sound fixed).

oh and PLEASE fix the game clock on the field before you do anything else... jus sayin.

This is just silly. People in those boxes contribute nothing to the stadium noise or atmosphere. Put in some more/better regular seats, stage promotions for Boy Scouts, special groups, schools. Start earning some goodwill in this state to cut into Bama's popularity. This kind of nonsense just plays into the rep that Auburn gets as an "elitist" school.

This is just silly. People in those boxes contribute nothing to the stadium noise or atmosphere. Put in some more/better regular seats, stage promotions for Boy Scouts, special groups, schools. Start earning some goodwill in this state to cut into Bama's popularity. This kind of nonsense just plays into the rep that Auburn gets as an "elitist" school.

Auburn has that rep now?

You want people in the seats on a regular basis. That comes with CONSISTENT winning and competing for championships. Look regardless of any of our personal feelings or thoughts about the turd nation or how they have attained the success they have, they are the gold standard. They have more and have been doing it this way for longer than Auburn has. We think Gus is going to put us at that consistent level. The jury is still out on that. We've thought that before. When the demand for that extra seating is there, they will put it in. I'd love a 100,000 seat stadium as much as the next one but lets not expand just for the sake of it. Let's put in what we can consistently fill up.

Archived