Premium Seating A Possibility in the JHS Endzones

autigeremt

If JJ had his way, there would never be any talk about adding more seats to Jordan-Hare.

Totally FALSE and once again you make a ridiculous statement to prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People concerned with the clock and sound system may be interested in seeing this (@4:08):

I don't think the University is basing the decision on whether or not to expand the stadium on a fan map generated by Facebook "likes" nor do I see what the Bama waiting list has to do with Auburn. That extremely flawed map is also misleading in that although Bama is shown as controlling the majority of the state, Auburn is a very strong 2nd in Alabama & much of Georgia. Auburn has a ton of fans, just because Bama has more it doesn't take away from how many we have. Anyway, we sold out almost all of our home games this year if I'm not mistaken, this without having Bama or UGA at home. If the demand is there then it's there. I agree that we need to focus on quality rather than quantity but the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Of course they won't base expansion decisions on a map of Facebook likes. They will base the decision to rival Alabama's seating on demand. What I wanted to say is that demand to watch a live Auburn game is a fraction of the demand to watch a live Alabama game.

And the Facebook map explains why this is the case. There ought to be a high degree of correlation between local Facebook engagement of a team and seating demand for games. It's not scientific. But, it's better than spitballing.

Another NYT survey done in 2011, on the heels of Auburn's NC, indicated Auburn had more fans nationwide than Alabama. http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/

Our fan base has probably dropped off since then. Maybe picked up again with the 2013 miracle plays. But, regardless, it is likely a more nationwide fan base than Alabama.

If they lived close by, we would have a waiting list for season tickets. And we need a waiting list before we can think about increasing seating.

This is just silly. People in those boxes contribute nothing to the stadium noise or atmosphere. Put in some more/better regular seats, stage promotions for Boy Scouts, special groups, schools. Start earning some goodwill in this state to cut into Bama's popularity. This kind of nonsense just plays into the rep that Auburn gets as an "elitist" school.

It makes no sense to build seating that isn't in demand. Read the WSJ article about our problems selling tickets. I love coming to campus for games and am a season ticket holder, but it's getting harder and harder. TV moves kickoff times to suit the remote viewing audience with little thought for the on-site audience, and Auburn has to comply to get the revenue. Those of us who live in Atlanta are becoming accustomed to arriving home at 1:00AM after too-common night games.

Standard seating will keep getting harder to sell as home theaters improve and cable networks continue to wreak havoc with kickoff times and days. Do we really want to have 100K seats we can't fill, or would we rather have 90K or fewer seats, sell out our games, and increase our revenues with premium seating? I'm not being an elitist, but a realist. And, frankly, when one compares the Auburn fan base with others it tends to be more affluent, and therefore more able to afford deluxe home theaters and premium football tickets. Elitist or not here's the truth, Auburn ranks third in graduates' salaries and Alabama ranks last with (I believe) a much higher percentage of fans that didn't graduate from anywhere. That helps explain their need for more standard seating.

Screen-Shot-2014-12-02-at-12.43.46-PM.png

How are we "having problems selling tickets" & "completely selling out home games" at the same time?

5]
"AUBURN -- Auburn sold a program record number of season tickets for the 2014 football season and sold out of season tickets, the school's ticket office announced.

5]
A record number of 62,900 season tickets was boosted in part by the addition of 3,500 Eagles' Nest tickets, made available from packages held every other year for Georgia and Alabama visiting team allotments.

5]
By traveling to Georgia and Alabama in the same season for the first time in school history, Auburn had a greater amount of tickets available that ordinary would have been held for visiting team allotments. Visiting teams receive an allotment of 10,000 tickets.

5]
Auburn's home games against LSU, South Carolina and Texas A&M are completely sold out."

5]
http://www.montgomer...d-out/13967161/

People concerned with the clock and sound system may be interested in seeing this (@4:08):

I don't think the University is basing the decision on whether or not to expand the stadium on a fan map generated by Facebook "likes" nor do I see what the Bama waiting list has to do with Auburn. That extremely flawed map is also misleading in that although Bama is shown as controlling the majority of the state, Auburn is a very strong 2nd in Alabama & much of Georgia. Auburn has a ton of fans, just because Bama has more it doesn't take away from how many we have. Anyway, we sold out almost all of our home games this year if I'm not mistaken, this without having Bama or UGA at home. If the demand is there then it's there. I agree that we need to focus on quality rather than quantity but the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Of course they won't base expansion decisions on a map of Facebook likes. They will base the decision to rival Alabama's seating on demand. What I wanted to say is that demand to watch a live Auburn game is a fraction of the demand to watch a live Alabama game.

And the Facebook map explains why this is the case. There ought to be a high degree of correlation between local Facebook engagement of a team and seating demand for games. It's not scientific. But, it's better than spitballing.

Another NYT survey done in 2011, on the heels of Auburn's NC, indicated Auburn had more fans nationwide than Alabama. http://thequad.blogs...lignment-chaos/

Our fan base has probably dropped off since then. Maybe picked up again with the 2013 miracle plays. But, regardless, it is likely a more nationwide fan base than Alabama.

If they lived close by, we would have a waiting list for season tickets. And we need a waiting list before we can think about increasing seating.

I guess what I meant was it doesn't matter what our demand is relative to Bama's demand, what matters is our demand relative to our stadium size. We're selling out. If we continue to sell out, we may need to look at some sort of expansion.

@watasha. It's perfectly understandable for someone to think that. The stadium is typically full on gameday.

There was a story run recently and posted to a thread here. The gist was that the athletic department has been dumping obstructed view and end zone tickets onto large donors at face. (As opposed to that other program that gets a donation for all their seats, in addition to face.) The large donors appear to have either given those tickets away or sell them close to or below cost.

For almost every game at JHS, you could get seats under the 10th row for fairly cheap. And they were available goal line to goal line, in blocks as big as 10 together.

Quality demand is lagging.

@watasha. It's perfectly understandable for someone to think that. The stadium is typically full on gameday.

There was a story run recently and posted to a thread here. The gist was that the athletic department has been dumping obstructed view and end zone tickets onto large donors at face. (As opposed to that other program that gets a donation for all their seats, in addition to face.) The large donors appear to have either given those tickets away or sell them close to or below cost.

For almost every game at JHS, you could get seats under the 10th row for fairly cheap. And they were available goal line to goal line, in blocks as big as 10 together.

Quality demand is lagging.

The emphasis should be on quality, on that I think we can all agree.

Let's get the exterior to look like its finished, add those premium and luxury seats, put up a couple jumbotrons and get a sound system we can all hear. After that then think about adding 2500 more seats to get us to 90K. But enough with the studies, let's just DO it.

The outside of J-H does need a lot of work. And my havens, would someone please hire some people who knows how to keep the clocks working during the whole game and no just a little here an there.

I've been on here saying for a long time that JJ needs to stop sitting on his hands and agree that J-H needs more seats. We use to be only 2nd to Tenn for having the largest stadium. Now look how far we have fallen. Jordan-Hare should have a capacity of at least 100k by this time. But instead, we are still at 87,451 while other SEC teams have stadiums have grown and left our stadium in the dust.

Young high school players love the idea of playing in LARGE stadiums like at Tennessee, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia and Florida. I'd love to see Auburn back on that list.

Young high school players love the idea of playing in LARGE stadiums like at Tennessee, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia and Florida. I'd love to see Auburn back on that list.

Hate to tell you but Florida stadium official seating capacity is 88,548 bout the same as JH and UGA stadium is 92,746. Don't think 5,000 more people would not be notice by young high school players. imo,,,,,,,,,,,

Now if you are talking about older high school players well who knows????

I've been on here saying for a long time that JJ needs to stop sitting on his hands and agree that J-H needs more seats. We use to be only 2nd to Tenn for having the largest stadium. Now look how far we have fallen. Jordan-Hare should have a capacity of at least 100k by this time. But instead, we are still at 87,451 while other SEC teams have stadiums have grown and left our stadium in the dust.

Good grief dude. How many times do you have to be told that NO SCHOOL in the country is going to add seats just because another school did it? The demand is NOT THERE and its POINTLESS to add that many seats at this time. How can you not get this through your head. It's beyond stupid to expand to that many seats and have them be empty for games. Jacobs knows far more about what he's doing than you ever will.

The demand isn't there for 100,000 seats. UT has a hard time filling Neyland. They went into heavy debt and it's hindered them. Don't expand just because you want to brag about the size of the stadium.

HS players look at the athletic facilities like weight rooms and practice facilities. They are in these places 95% of the time. Three hours 8 times a year is pretty much all they spend inside that stadium.

My old high schools clock and sound system was a lot better then what we have at Jordan-Hare.

As was my Jr High clock and sound system. Has to be #1 priority!

You have no respect for tradition.

Why?

Why?

just cause that's why

Archived