Teen who shot break-in suspect was protecting his grandmother

AUtiger98

Watch the video. Stories like this happen in good neighborhoods too.

Video

Burglars had tried to break into George and Anna Marie Wyant’s home near Mint Hill at least twice, so they kept a pistol hidden in the house for protection, hoping they’d never have to use it.

On Tuesday, their 14-year-old grandson was visiting. He was sick with bronchitis, and Anna Marie, 73, had just had hip replacement surgery. They were taking care of each other while his mother and the rest of the family was at a Christmas party.

The teen was headed to the kitchen to make his grandmother a bowl of rice when they heard a back window break around 5:15 p.m.

A few minutes later, Anna Marie Wyant told a 911 operator what had happened.

“The man was breaking into the window,” she told the operator. “He was halfway in the window. My grandson told him to stop and get out of here and he didn’t so my grandson shot him. ... Somebody just broke in the house and we shot him.”

The Wyants’ grandson can also be heard talking in the background: “I said ‘Who is it?’ and he wouldn’t stop. And he broke my – he broke my grandma’s window so I shot three times.”

Police have said they believe the fatal shooting Tuesday was justified. They say the teen was trying to protect himself and his grandmother. He has not been charged with a crime.

Investigators said Isai Robert Delcid, 18, was killed while he and his brother Carlos Delcid were trying to break into the rear of the Wyants’ home on Rolling Fields Road. The red brick home is in a neighborhood surrounded by Mint Hill that is unincorporated and served by Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers. Carlos Delcid was in Mecklenburg jail charged with first-degree burglary.

Delcid’s family could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

A shattered glass window and a section of the deck that had been hit by a gunshot were visible Wednesday, hours after police had left the scene.

It's not a good story unless the intruder was also white. If they were either latino or black then the 14 yr old is a racist.

It's not a good story unless the intruder was also white. If they were either latino or black then the 14 yr old is a racist.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. The 2 were ' non white ', so that makes the kid a racist.

no justice, no peace.

hands up , don't shoot !

Holder and Sharpton will crucify this kid.

edited content He was a good person. Boy didn't have to kill him. Should a just let him take what he wanted. Never know when an innocent bystander could be close. Holder will launch a civil rights investigation.

Never know when an innocent bystander could be close.

Haha.

Ok so so things never happen and shouldn't be a concern. Especially to people with training in these situations and are professionals, and that also took additional and specially designed classes for this

A bullet from the gun of an Orlando police officer killed an innocent woman in a downtown bar early Tuesday morning, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said.

Well, least in the conflict and confusion and unloading his weapon he didn't hit one of his own:

Orlando Police Lt. Frank Nunez was also struck by one of the bullets during the incident. He was treated at ORMC and released.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/woman-killed-officer-and-suspect-injured-during-sh/ng5Jj/

Archived