***12/19/14 Updates - Bowl Prep Continues***

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn

"As far as bowl prep goes, I really like our energy. ... The last two days have been more (about) Wisconsin. First 3 days we were really focused on fundamentals."

Malzahn on Duke Williams: "He has not practiced. He's been sick and there are some treatment things he has to do."

@wareagleextra

Auburn will practice on Saturday, attend Jakell Mitchell’s funeral, then practice on Sunday before breaking for Christmas.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Malzahn on Muschamp being here: "It's been really good. Our defensive players have really responded."

@JamesCrepea

Carl Lawson is doing some work in bowl practice but won't play in game

@JayGTate

Malzahn says it's very valuable to have Carl Lawson back practicing now to get a head start on spring

Malzahn on move of Kamryn Pettway moving to H-Back. "He's got some pop"

@ITATJason

Malzahn says Coates, Frost, McKinzy and Avery Young have submitted paperwork for NFL draft evaluation. D'haquille Williams has not yet.

@GregO_ESPN

Malzahn on new RB Jovon Robinson: "He's got some pop, he's got some athletic ability, he's really been a bright spot."

Malzahn on new signee QB Jason Smith: "We feel like he's an impact player, so we're thrilled to have him back."

@AUBlog

Auburn's Gus Malzahn says everybody is good to go academically for the Outback Bowl

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on early enrollees: "It will be to their benefit they're coming in early." Says some could make immediate impact

@AUGoldMine

Gus Malzahn's goal preached to team this postseason? To be most improved team from last game of season to bowl game.

@bmarcello

Reese Dismukes

Dismukes now here. "My goal (when I got here) was just to play. As a I progressed, the goals got bigger and the dreams got bigger."

@wareagleextra

Auburn's Reese Dismukes says "being a captain means just as much or more" than making All-American teams

@AUGoldMine

Dismukes on the physicality of playing in the SEC "just hold on"

@ITATJason

So D'haquille Williams has not submitted paperwork for NFL draft evaluation...... is that a good sign for a possible return or is it still early in the process?

So D'haquille Williams has not submitted paperwork for NFL draft evaluation...... is that a good sign for a possible return or is it still early in the process?

He's got almost another month to declare for the draft. That doesn't answer your question, but I think it's the most info anybody has.

He's got almost another month to declare for the draft. That doesn't answer your question, but I think it's the most info anybody has.

My own personal opinion is that he would like to stay but he also knows his family situation and has that to consider. It's a difficult spot for someone that young to be in.

Any idea when the deadline is to submit paperwork for a draft evaluation?

I don't know that there is any deadline for the evaluation The deadline for declaring for the draft is Jan. 15 so he would need to submit that far enough ahead of time to allow that evaluation to be done. He doesn't have to have an evaluation done. He can just say he's going and that's that. I think he knows where he stands as far as draft status goes so he probably won't even ask for an evaluation.

I don't know that there is any deadline for the evaluation The deadline for declaring for the draft is Jan. 15 so he would need to submit that far enough ahead of time to allow that evaluation to be done. He doesn't have to have an evaluation done. He can just say he's going and that's that. I think he knows where he stands as far as draft status goes so he probably won't even ask for an evaluation.

I'm sure there is some sort of a deadline by the NFL so that they have time to complete an evaluation. I'm aware that evaluations are not required and that it is separate from actually declaring for the draft, but I would think with a guy like Duke it would say a lot if he didn't request an evaluation at all (unlike someone like Amari Cooper who knows--even without an evaluation--that he is a top 10 pick).

I'm sure there is some sort of a deadline by the NFL so that they have time to complete an evaluation. I'm aware that evaluations are not required and that it is separate from actually declaring for the draft, but I would think with a guy like Duke it would say a lot if he didn't request an evaluation at all (unlike someone like Amari Cooper who knows--even without an evaluation--that he is a top 10 pick).

I think he knows that he will be drafted at a good spot. I just think it's a question of whether he feels, because of his family, that he needs to go on to the next level. That's my take on things. Could be wrong.

I think he knows that he will be drafted at a good spot. I just think it's a question of whether he feels, because of his family, that he needs to go on to the next level. That's my take on things. Could be wrong.

That makes sense to me. I agree that he will be drafted at a good spot.

Archived