Muschamp's Contract Restrictions - Potential recruits

CameronCrazy

Does anyone know if Florida is going to hold Muschamp to his contract stipulation that restricts him from recruiting players to Auburn that Auburn had not contacted before his arrival? I know we have recently gone after a WR with the last name of Davis that Muschamp recruited at Florida. I was unaware that Auburn had previously contacted him, so I wasn't sure if we were still bound to that stipulation. If not then here are some other recruits that Florida was heavily recruiting before Muschamp was fired that I would LOVE for Auburn to go after....

4* ATH Jerome Baker (current OSU commit and former Florida commit)

4* DB Marcus Lewis

4* DT Christian Wilkins

4* LB Adonis Thomas (current UAT commit and former Florida commit)

Thomas still doesn't hold an Auburn offer even though he has visited Auburn before. 247 does not list an Auburn offer for the other 3 recruits.

UF will hold Coach Muschamp to the terms of the contract because that is an NCAA rule. I understand that Auburn coaches have contacted all of the recruits you listed at one time or another during the process. The extent of the previous contact is not known. That is enough to skirt the rule.

im not real sure how this works. everyone is saying florida can restrict WM or auburn from recruiting these kids. not real sure it makes sense that they could in any way dictate who will or AU chooses to recruit at this point.

Auburn University can recruit anyone it wants. It is in no way restricted by a contract Will Muschamp had with the University of Florida. Will Muschamp possibly may be limited. I would need to see the contract to see how it might effect Will Muschamp .

UF will hold Coach Muschamp to the terms of the contract because that is an NCAA rule. I understand that Auburn coaches have contacted all of the recruits you listed at one time or another during the process. The extent of the previous contact is not known. That is enough to skirt the rule.

Thanks! That's what I needed to know

Muschamp is limited. Auburn University is not. Muschamp cannot "recruit" a player that had no previous contact with Auburn. That's a pretty small pool, I would imagine. Muschamp can recruit anybody that AU contacted prior to his hiring. That should be just about everybody.

Yes, I read the contract. It's online somewhere under UF's website. I'm not much motivated to search for it again. The idle curious can find it easily enough.

Let me see if I have this correct. Muschamp CAN'T recruit the UF recruits. However, there's nothing stopping other Auburn coaches from recruiting those same players. Right?

Let me see if I have this correct Muschamp CAN'T recruit UF recruits unless they were already recruited by Auburn before he left. However, there's nothing stopping other Auburn coaches from recruiting those same players. Right?

The first sentence is now correct. The second sentence is correct.

im not real sure how this works. everyone is saying florida can restrict WM or auburn from recruiting these kids. not real sure it makes sense that they could in any way dictate who will or AU chooses to recruit at this point.

How would that work?

How would that work?

It's in his contract. If you're really worried go online and read the thing. He cannot recruit a kid that UF is pursuing unless AU had already been recruiting that player prior to Muschamp's hiring here. This is a tempest in a teapot. It's pretty hard to name some top prospect that was recruited to UF and Auburn hadn't been in contact with. Fuggetaboutitt!

Auburn University can recruit anyone it wants. It is in no way restricted by a contract Will Muschamp had with the University of Florida. Will Muschamp possibly may be limited. I would need to see the contract to see how it might effect Will Muschamp .

Right you are my friend!

When James Franklin left Vandy for penn state they say he took several Vandy recruits and signed them at penn state. If the above is true, penn state must have been interested in all those players before Franklin moved.....

When James Franklin left Vandy for penn state they say he took several Vandy recruits and signed them at penn state. If the above is true and Franklin had the same contract restriction, then penn state must have been interested in all those players before Franklin moved.....on.

If I read this thread right ?

When James Franklin left Vandy for penn state they say he took several Vandy recruits and signed them at penn state. If the above is true, penn state must have been interested in all those players before Franklin moved.....

What makes you think Franklin and Muschamp would have similar restrictions? Florida fired Muschamp, gave him a big severance package and applied restrictions in order for him to keep getting paid by them. Franklin quit Vanderbilt, they aren't paying him any more and Vandy had no authority to apply restrictions. Entirely different situations.

Muschamp's severance agreement with UF is posted online. Anyone tired of wondering about it is free to find it and read it. It's somewhere on a UF or Fl.gov site. Somebody sent me the link so I don't remember where exactly it is, but if you're really, REALLY worried about this very inconsequential detail you can find the contract.

Does anyone know if Florida is going to hold Muschamp to his contract stipulation that restricts him from recruiting players to Auburn that Auburn had not contacted before his arrival? I know we have recently gone after a WR with the last name of Davis that Muschamp recruited at Florida. I was unaware that Auburn had previously contacted him, so I wasn't sure if we were still bound to that stipulation. If not then here are some other recruits that Florida was heavily recruiting before Muschamp was fired that I would LOVE for Auburn to go after....

4* ATH Jerome Baker (current OSU commit and former Florida commit)

4* DB Marcus Lewis

4* DT Christian Wilkins

4* LB Adonis Thomas (current UAT commit and former Florida commit)

Thomas still doesn't hold an Auburn offer even though he has visited Auburn before. 247 does not list an Auburn offer for the other 3 recruits.

Thomas now has a committable offer from Auburn.

regardless, Auburn has shown some interest in any recruit by any SEC school, by simply acknowledging there existence over the last couple years, they have beat the clause that is much to do about nothing. it just looks good to dumb beat writers who write terrible articles to the best of their ability.

What makes you think Franklin and Muschamp would have similar restrictions? Florida fired Muschamp, gave him a big severance package and applied restrictions in order for him to keep getting paid by them. Franklin quit Vanderbilt, they aren't paying him any more and Vandy had no authority to apply restrictions. Entirely different situations.

Muschamp's severance agreement with UF is posted online. Anyone tired of wondering about it is free to find it and read it. It's somewhere on a UF or Fl.gov site. Somebody sent me the link so I don't remember where exactly it is, but if you're really, REALLY worried about this very inconsequential detail you can find the contract.

Just asking, fired vs bought out is always different, but I never cared for Franklin anyway.

Archived