2015 5* DT Daylon Mack (Texas A&M signee)

WarDamnEagleWDE

EDW you are slipping.

DAYLON-MACK-140612-PRO.JPG

Daylon Mack, DT

Gladewater, TX

Ht: 6'2 / Wt: 307 / 40: 4.84

- Currently committed to Texas A&M

- Auburn offered 2/11/14

- Visiting AU 2/22/14

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and USC, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 18)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 43)

Scout: 5*

Big and strong. He moves extremely well on his first step and can penetrate in to the backfield at times with cat-like quickness, which is quite an attribute for a player easily over 300 pounds. He runs well and is good in pursuit. He plays high at times, but is a difference maker when staying low. Makes the 'wow' play at times. He can get in the gap and blow plays up. Still extremely raw with a ton of upside for development. Strong tackler. - GP

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6853453

Credit with 7 tackles, 6 sacks, 36 tackles for losses and 8 forced fumbles in 2013

http://www.al.com/au...changer_fo.html

6_690477.jpg

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“I was getting a little interest from them, but I reached out to my coach and asked him to send them my film,” Mack told 247Sports. “Getting the offer from Auburn is a game changer for me. ... Auburn is the only school other than Texas A&M I can see myself going to."

Mack (6-2, 310), rated as the No. 2 prospect in Texas and the No. 5 defensive tackle in the nation in the 247Sports Composite, said he remains committed to Texas A&M, but plans to visit the Plains on Feb. 22. While he watched Auburn's wins over Texas A&M and Georgia, he told 247Sports the Tigers' performance in the BCS championship game loss to Florida State "really caught my eye."

“They are only going to get better at Auburn," he said, "so that is something I am interested in being a part of.”

Mack was credited with 97 tackles, 6 sacks, 36 tackles for losses and eight forced fumbles in 2013. He also has offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and USC.

“I was getting a little interest from them, but I reached out to my coach and asked him to send them my film,” Mack told 247Sports. “Getting the offer from Auburn is a game changer for me. ... Auburn is the only school other than Texas A&M I can see myself going to."

Mack (6-2, 310), rated as the No. 2 prospect in Texas and the No. 5 defensive tackle in the nation in the 247Sports Composite, said he remains committed to Texas A&M, but plans to visit the Plains on Feb. 22. While he watched Auburn's wins over Texas A&M and Georgia, he told 247Sports the Tigers' performance in the BCS championship game loss to Florida State "really caught my eye."

“They are only going to get better at Auburn," he said, "so that is something I am interested in being a part of.”

Mack was credited with 97 tackles, 6 sacks, 36 tackles for losses and eight forced fumbles in 2013. He also has offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and USC.

THAT IS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!!!!

Is there a possibility he is any kin to former AU OL Eric Mack?

Don't think so. Eric Mack was from South Carolina, I think.

Yes he was from S.C. but after AU & the NFL, he could be anywhere. Granted it is remote.

Is there a possibility he is any kin to former AU OL Eric Mack?

Don't think so. Eric Mack was from South Carolina, I think.

Yes he was from S.C. but after AU & the NFL, he could be anywhere.

I don't think Eric made it that far. D. Mack and D. Payne would be two huge gets. DT, OLB, and DE...we have strong prospects at each.

I just watched some film on Mack that is available on SEC rant. This kid is really, really good. Dominating in TX.

I think he really likes AU. Just wait till he visits on the 22nd...He will hopefully be ALL IN!

We flipped a ton of guys last cycle, might as well start that Flip U thing up again

Archived