NYPD targeted

Texan4Auburn

Very sad. Prayers to their families.

This is a unfortunate example of why dealing with the public and police needs to be highly scrutinized. This will most likely be tied to the choking death by the public and press. This will make the officers more anxious and less tolerant and more likely to use force. Which will then make the public less understanding and trusting than they already are. Which neither will benefit anyone and could potentially cost lives on both sides.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/two-police-officers-shot-in-their-patrol-car-in-brooklyn.html?_r=0

This is a unfortunate example of why dealing with the public and police needs to be highly scrutinized. This will most likely be tied to the choking death by the public and press. This will make the officers more anxious and less tolerant and more likely to use force. Which will then make the public less understanding and trusting than they already are. Which neither will benefit anyone and could potentially cost lives on both sides.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/two-police-officers-shot-in-their-patrol-car-in-brooklyn.html?_r=0

It's pretty clear from the perp's Facebook that he thought he was avenging the deaths of Brown and Garner.

It's pretty clear from the perp's Facebook that he thought he was avenging the deaths of Brown and Garner.

Wait till they learn he speaks Arabic.

Wait till they learn he speaks Arabic.

wait indeed. So true to anticipate the usual suspects....

Don't think he is the only one who will try to get revenge in this manner. Copycats will come out of the woodwork. Praying for all Law Enforcement.

yes cops are probably more on "edge" now than ever.

Don't think he is the only one who will try to get revenge in this manner. Copycats will come out of the woodwork. Praying for all Law Enforcement.

Not a good time to be on edge with New Years right around the corner. I don't think I will be going to Times Square this year.

Yes, as I don't blame them. Unfortunately neighborhoods are going to be more on edge also expecting retaliation from the police.

This situation is bad for both sides, and is going to get more people hurt or killed I'm afraid.

Yes, as I don't blame them. Unfortunately neighborhoods are going to be more on edge also expecting retaliation from the police.

This situation is bad for both sides, and is going to get more people hurt or killed I'm afraid.

It's sad and I too am afraid. I'm usually not this pessimistic but I can't see this getting much better until a lot of tension is released.

When the mayor says he's told his kid to fear the cops, and Obama has said he " understands " the outrage, how else do you expect these degenerates to take those signals ? It's essentially saying " Do what you gotta do to , and take care of it on your own ".

Which is exactly what was done.

that is the problem. if anyone thinks police are going to "retaliate" they are the problem.

I would call this a clear case of domestic-grown terrorism.

I'd say domestic induced.

that is the problem. if anyone thinks police are going to "retaliate" they are the problem.

Some of them will be the problem. Some of the police will be the problem.

If you don't think there are cops that will be a tad bit rougher, more intrusive, find additional ways just to stop someone etc to just harass people then you are kidding yourself.

If you don't think there are cops that will be a tad bit rougher, more intrusive, find additional ways just to stop someone etc to just harass people then you are kidding yourself.

Exactly. We're all human, subject to the same downfalls, temptations, and snap judgments as the man next to us. Many will exercise good restraint, some will circle the wagons even tighter and bunker down more heavily. That goes for both the badged and unbadged. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but the truth is we haven't had equal justice in this country in a long time (if ever), and the chickens are coming home to roost.

Exactly. We're all human, subject to the same downfalls, temptations, and snap judgments as the man next to us. Many will exercise good restraint, some will circle the wagons even tighter and bunker down more heavily. That goes for both the badged and unbadged. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but the truth is we haven't had equal justice in this country in a long time (if ever), and the chickens are coming home to roost.

like i said they may be on edge and actually quicker to shoot. I don't see any planned retaliation at all.

If I didn't know better I would say you are almost agreeing with the black retaliation. There is no way to justify what this coward did to those officers. He was a thug, just like many other black and white idiots. Retaliation against police officers is not the answer. Michael Brown and Eric Garner were not innocent victims. If they had not committed crimes and had cooperated with the officers, they would still be alive. As I stated, retaliation against police officers is not the answers. Where will New York City or any place in the US, be when the Officers say "OK folks, you are on your own"? A civil war like no other will take place.

If I didn't know better I would say you are almost agreeing with the black retaliation. There is no way to justify what this coward did to those officers. He was a thug, just like many other black and white idiots. Retaliation against police officers is not the answer. Michael Brown and Eric Garner were not innocent victims. If they had not committed crimes and had cooperated with the officers, they would still be alive. As I stated, retaliation against police officers is not the answers. Where will New York City or any place in the US, be when the Officers say "OK folks, you are on your own"? A civil war like no other will take place.

Notvat all. Just making a level-headed commentary on what retaliation leads to. Shooting cops indiscriminately is counterproductive to all efforts to rein in police abuse. Really not sure how one could interpret my words any other way unless they're trying to.

Archived