Obama has now outperformed Reagan on jobs, growth and investing

RunInRed

Obama-haters aside, I'm just throwing these facts out there (guess what, the economy continues to improve and in a big way)...

• 57 straight months (the longest streak on record) of private sector growth totaling 10.9 million jobs
  • More importantly, we're also now seeing wage gains across the board and annual GDP is on a 4% growth trajectory under Obama.
  • President Obama has achieved a 5.8% unemployment rate in his sixth year, fully one year faster than President Reagan did. At this point in his presidency, President Reagan was still struggling with 7.1% unemployment, and he did not reach into the mid-low 6% range for another full year.
  • Further, leading economist forecast unemployment will fall to around 5.4% by summer, 2015. A rate President Reagan was unable to achieve during his two terms.
  • Over the first 70 months of their presidencies ... a dollar invested in the stock market when Reagan assumed the presidency would have yielded a staggering 190% return. Pretty good. However, investors have gained a 220% over the last 6 years under Obama. The S&P has crested 2,000 and the DOW is poised to reach 20,000.
  • We've now had 66 straight months of economic expansion, and 28 consecutive months of manufacturing expansion.
  • Additionally, Obama has reduced federal employment, which grew under Reagan (especially when including military personnel,) and truly delivered a “smaller government.”

Now before you get all giddy on a response about the "labor participation rate" remember, the 'Boomers’ are retiring and as a result, yes, we are seeing the percentage of those seeking employment decline. I would argue, this has nothing to do with job availability (which is very strong), and everything to do with a highly predictable aging demographic.

Anyways, I found all this interesting. America is making real progress ... Forward!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as a % of population.

But he has put more folks on food stamps, and widened the racial divide in this country.

But he has put more folks on food stamps, and widened the racial divide in this country.

Social media has put more of a racial divide on the country. People can see some things that are going on and people can also very easy read the thoughts on how some really don't care about certain plight until it his close to home. Take this forum for example

No!! No facts allowed on this forum!! Folks would rather feel angry than think!!! ;)

Boy, ain't that the truth.

This forum has far less to do with honest debate than it does emotional ranting.

:dunno: So how about adjusting any of the above claims for population? That doesn't make any sense.

And Obama didn't put people on food stamps. The great recession - which he inherited - did.

Social media has put more of a racial divide on the country. People can see some things that are going on and people can also very easy read the thoughts on how some really don't care about certain plight until it his close to home. Take this forum for example

I don't get your point. Can you explain please?

And Obama has contributed more to racial divide than any POTUS I can think of and we are now seeing the fruits of his labor.

The election of a black man merely exposed the racial divide that has existed for years and festered in folks like you. Of course, you blame him for it.

TexT....you don't have fecken clue what racial feelings have festered in me but i challenge you to come to Huntsville and I will have a lunch for you with some of my black friends.

Meanwhile......note hat Cam vs. Manziel is on TV right now and I'm pulling for the black QB.

I'm a younger man (26) I'm at a point where I don't react as I once did but I'm still in touch with younger people to a point. On my social media accounts younger black people were so hurt by the comments of their friends. And this happened years before these incidents but there was a local private group that was exposed that spoke negatively of different races. Look at the Sony situation now and what execs said about main stream actors such as Kevin Hart (top comedian out) and Denzel Washington (arguably one of the greatest actors EVER not just this generation) (Also if you know details of his life great humanitarian just everything about him is an example of doing it the right way so to speak). Things that were spoken in secret is not being kept secret anymore and once media gets it everybody finds out

TexT....you don't have fecken clue what racial feelings have festered in me but i challenge you to come to Huntsville and I will have a lunch for you with some of my black friends.

Meanwhile......note hat Cam vs. Manziel is on TV right now and I'm pulling for the black QB.

You drop clues almost daily.

I'm a younger man (26) I'm at a point where I don't react as I once did but I'm still in touch with younger people to a point. On my social media accounts younger black people were so hurt by the comments of their friends. And this happened years before these incidents but there was a local private group that was exposed that spoke negatively of different races. Look at the Sony situation now and what execs said about main stream actors such as Kevin Hart (top comedian out) and Denzel Washington (arguably one of the greatest actors EVER not just this generation) (Also if you know details of his life great humanitarian just everything about him is an example of doing it the right way so to speak). Things that were spoken in secret is not being kept secret anymore and once media gets it everybody finds out

Yeah, I get that totally. The internet is a venue that allows people to reveal their true emotions about sensitive issues. I certainly recognize this in politics more so than race. But I suppose they are almost interchangeable.

Other than forums such as this, I don't do social media (facebook, twitter, etc.)at all

You drop clues almost daily.

Yeah that was pretty funny. "Dog whistle" clues in some cases, but definitely clues.

TexT.......accept my challenge or cool it. You of all people criticize speculation Your opinion is one thing, facts are another.

You claim Obama had created a racial divide. I say his election exposed an already existing one that people wanted to pretend had largely vanished. I think the facts are clear to any reasonable person. Having lunch with you and your friends wouldn't change reality.

Yeah, nice try.

" The police acted stupidly " - Obama, on the Cambridge Police interactions w/ a black professor. They in fact did NOT act stupidly. Obama spoke out, before he even had the details.

" If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon " - Obama, interjecting himself into a very local case, where he has exactly no business in doing so. If he had a son, that sound would be a MMA thug wanna-be, and assault a neighborhood watch ? Really ?

The President has a bigger stage than any social media crap.

Yeah, nice try.

" The police acted stupidly " - Obama, on the Cambridge Police interactions w/ a black professor. They in fact did NOT act stupidly. Obama spoke out, before he even had the details.

" If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon " - Obama, interjecting himself into a very local case, where he has exactly no business in doing so. If he had a son, that sound would be a MMA thug wanna-be, and assault a neighborhood watch ? Really ?

So you're saying it was these two comments that widened the racial divide? And BTW, arresting Gates after determining he was in his own home was kinda stupid and an abuse of authority.

So you're saying it was these two comments that widened the racial divide? And BTW, arresting Gates after determining he was in his own home was kinda stupid and an abuse of authority.

I give you 1 example, you'd ask for another. I gave you 2, you'll want 3. Nice try, troll.

Gates refused to cooperate w/ the cops, who were just doing their job. Once the facts were revealed, Obama backed off w/ the ' acted stupidly' nonsense, and then concocted the ridiculous 'beer' summit ' , which was nothing but a silly PR stunt, which failed. Obama , yet again, interjected himself into a very local matter, and tried to turn it into a national issue of racism. His typical M.O.

I give you 1 example, you'd ask for another. I gave you 2, you'll want 3. Nice try, troll.

Gates refused to cooperate w/ the cops, who were just doing their job. Once the facts were revealed, Obama backed off w/ the ' acted stupidly' nonsense, and then concocted the ridiculous 'beer' summit ' , which was nothing but a silly PR stunt, which failed. Obama , yet again, interjected himself into a very local matter, and tried to turn it into a national issue of racism. His typical M.O.

The facts were known and the charges against Gates had already been dropped. The officer had determined Gates was in his own home through Gate's showing two IDs, took issue with Gates being upset with him, but instead of just leaving, he cuffed, arrested and held a homeowner for several hours. If it happened to you, you'd still be talking about it.

Yeah, nice try.

If you ever read the comments in larger forums, I don't think you will dismiss Cole's thoughts so quickly.

Archived