247Composite

5* - 0.9952

1 Pos (CB)

Ranking: 2 State (FL)

Ranking: 7Composite

Top247

5* - 98

CB currently favors instate UF and FSU

If anybody else wants to google him like I did, it's Saivion.

Not busting chops, thanks for the thread. Sounds like a baller.

hahaha oops. I was in a hurry and clearly not paying much attention. Thanks for the help man.

If anybody else wants to google him like I did, it's Saivion.

Not busting chops, thanks for the thread. Sounds like a baller.

hahaha oops. I was in a hurry and clearly not paying much attention. Thanks for the help man.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It looks like it could be an Iron Bowl recruiting battle for JUCO cornerback Saivion Smith.

The former LSU defensive back is now at Mississippi Gulf Coast, where he stars on a defense alongside Auburn commit Daquan Newkirk. Smith visited Alabama last weekend for the Ole Miss game, and there’s a high chance he makes it to Auburn in the near future.

While public perception pits Smith as a Crimson Tide lean, he said it’s still wide open.

“I don’t really have a leader or a school that’s in last place. I’m still look at all of the schools that are looking at me,” Smith told SEC Country.

Smith holds offers from Alabama, South Carolina, Auburn, Mississippi State and Ole Miss. With that said, Alabama is the only school he’s visited, and he’s now done that for a game and for a practice a few weeks ago.

Saivion-Smith-by-Sam-Spiegelman-3_k5zue8
Former LSU cornerback Saivion Smith is considering a visit to Auburn. (Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country)

He hasn’t set up a visit yet, but it’s something he wants to do. This weekend against Ole Miss would be a great opportunity to do so with Newkirk returning, too.

“I haven’t confirmed it with Auburn yet, but I do want to visit. They hit me up pretty often,” Smith said. “They want me to come make a difference for them. They’re doing pretty well this season. They’re undefeated in the SEC so far. I’m watching them.”

Nothing is set in stone yet, but Smith expects to take an official visit to Auburn. The only other school he knows will receive an official visit is Alabama.

The Auburn connection is simple. He’s spoken with the staff regularly since the start of his JUCO season. Smith is close with Newkirk and Torrance Gibson who have raved to him about the Tigers after recent visits. Plus, he has some Florida native connections with a pair of Auburn receivers.

Those relationship are sure to help the Tigers’ chances.

“I’m probably going to take an official visit to Auburn, but I haven’t set anything yet,” Smith said. “I need to figure out my schedule. I have a few teammates who are all for Auburn, and they’re kind of recruiting me. They want me to check it out. I also know some people already there like Ryan Davis. I went to school with him. Nate-Craig — I know him well.”

Smith isn’t in a rush to make a decision. His first priority is graduation in December. After that, he’ll transition into the college selection process.

So far in 2017, Smith has recorded 28 tackles. He’s ranked the No. 3 overall prospect in junior college and the top prospect at cornerback. He will be a hot commodity for both Auburn and Alabama.

Smith’s priorities when making his decision are clear.

“I’m looking for a great coaching staff. I want to choose a program that is known for winning and putting their players in the NFL. I definitely want to compete for a national championship,” Smith said. “Those are some of the things I’m looking for in the next program I choose.”

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Auburn connection is simple. He’s spoken with the staff regularly since the start of his JUCO season. Smith is close with Newkirk and Torrance Gibson who have raved to him about the Tigers after recent visits. Plus, he has some Florida native connections with a pair of Auburn receivers.

Why would he be so high on us?  Are we seriously looking at him for something?

I don't know which thread this belongs in but since the article was in this thread, I thought I would ask here.

• 2 months later...

Archived