Cody Parkey breaks NFL Rookie, Eagles Franchise Records

RunInRed

B5-puGLCYAA5qrN.jpg

Cody Parkey is the Philadelphia Eagles' new single-season points record holder, but that's not all. Parkey is also the new NFL rookie single-season record holder for points.

Parkey finished his rookie season with 150 total points, breaking the NFL rookie record held by former Georgia kicker Kevin Butler with the Chicago Bears in 1985. Butler scored 144 points that season. This week, Parkey was named a first alternate for the Jan. 25 Pro Bowl, meaning he is two New England playoff wins from replacing the Pats' Stephen Gostkowski and joining five of his teammates on a trip to Glendale, Ariz.

"I never really thought about [the possibility of making the Pro Bowl as a rookie]," Parkey said this week. "My goal was just to go in every week, win every game that we can, make every kick. Obviously, I wasn't able to have my best outing last week, but it's still a huge honor for me and for the team."

Parkey finished 32-36 on field goals this season, including four 50-plus yard field goals, which is a franchise record for a single season. Parkey was an undrafted free agent for the Indianapolis Colts in the preseason, before being traded to the Eagles right before the season began. Parkey won the starting kicking job and never looked back.

At Auburn, Parkey finished with the fourth most points among kickers (253) during his career and the second most points in a season (111) in 2013.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Parkey-sets-NFL-franchise-records-34183263

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw him kick a 35 yard extra point through the narrow field goals they are using for the pro bowl.

Saw that. Not liking the narrow uprights. Looks goofy.

Archived