Charlie Harbison Gone

auburnphan

Charlie Harbison, Auburn’s co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach for the past two seasons, was told Sunday he will not be retained on the defensive staff with new coordinator Will Muschamp, knowledgeable sources told AuburnUndercover..

http://auburn.247spo...-staff-34449113

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish CCH the absolute best. He will be hired by some team before the end of this week.

He seems to be a good guy and has a good coaching resume' overall...he should do fine and meanwhile, IMO, it's best for CWM to start anew....new coaches and all players having to earn their positions again in the spring.

Coach Cheese was also a great recruiter. He'll definitely find another position soon.

So now the speculation begins about who will be joining the staff. Any ideas on if it'll be another safeties coach or would it be a linebacker coach?

For those of you who have chosen to ridicule Harbison relentlessly on this board.......you have him to thank for the Kick 6, as it was Cheese that urged Malzahn to send Chris Davis back to field that kick.

Wish Coach Harbison and his family the best!

I completely understand that when you hire a new Coordinator, that he's going to want his own coaches. I get that. I just hate that Auburn has become a place where your career there won't last more than a couple of years before you are booted out for a bad season. High caliber coaches will eventually become reluctant to put their families through that. Hopefully, the new coaches will get the job done and we will stop being a revolving door.

I completely understand that when you hire a new Coordinator, that he's going to want his own coaches. I get that. I just hate that Auburn has become a place where your career there won't last more than a couple of years before you are booted out for a bad season. High caliber coaches will eventually become reluctant to put their families through that. Hopefully, the new coaches will get the job done and we will stop being a revolving door.

This isn't unique to Auburn. It is the nature of coaching at the highest levels. All the coaches and their families understand it and I doubt take it personally. We notice it at Auburn because that's who we cheer for but it happens at every school- just about every year to some extent.

Best news I've heard all day. He may be a great guy and all, but I saw nothing on the field to make me think that he's a good coach.

This isn't unique to Auburn. It is the nature of coaching at the highest levels. All the coaches and their families understand it and I doubt take it personally. We notice it at Auburn because that's who we cheer for but it happens at every school- just about every year to some extent.

May not be unique to AU but we have run through more than our share of coaches in the past dozen years and in fact, we have probably fired more coaches since 2000 that about any school I know of. Not a very good reflection on the "Auburn Family" as I see it. Hope this group is with us a while.

Yes. My point exactly. It is different if they get a promotion at another school and move on. It's the appearance of the lack of patience and loyalty that makes me worry about it.

Best news I've heard all day. He may be a great guy and all, but I saw nothing on the field to make me think that he's a good coach.

This. All of it.

This. All of it.

Contrary to popular belief, people can still be good coaches just because they don't succeed at AU. He is a well-respected DB coach and, like everyone said, will have a job soon. The people in Gainesville are saying the same thing about our giddiness over getting CWM. Coaches are thrown into many different situations having to work with many different people with many different philosophies. It doesn't always work out. He wasn't working out at AU, but to those claiming he's an awful coach, well, thanks for providing your (lack of) football knowledge to the board.

This. All of it.

Contrary to popular belief, people can still be good coaches just because they don't succeed at AU. He is a well-respected DB coach and, like everyone said, will have a job soon. The people in Gainesville are saying the same thing about our giddiness over getting CWM. Coaches are thrown into many different situations having to work with many different people with many different philosophies. It doesn't always work out. He wasn't working out at AU, but to those claiming he's an awful coach, well, thanks for providing your (lack of) football knowledge to the board.

Ted Roof says hello from ga tech. Scott Loeffler, well, nevermind.

Archived