2016 4* DB Chauncey Gardner (Florida commit)

CadillacCone

Well maybe he likes being here instead of "Being There"...... I know poor taste on my part but I could not help myself

He had already decommitted from Miami to flip to the Gators now decommitts from them

Well maybe he likes being here instead of "Being There"...... I know poor taste on my part but I could not help myself

He had already decommitted from Miami to flip to the Gators now decommitts from them

Short attention span? At least we have something new for him to consider...well almost new since it will look a bit like UF-north as far as the defensive staff is concerned....and maybe that would be good enough.

He likes the seasons...when winter goes away, the spring comes...and everything is new.

• 4 months later...

Per the title on a VIP article on AUC, Gardner plans to visit AU multiple times. That's usually a good thing.

Per the title on a VIP article on AUC, Gardner plans to visit AU multiple times. That's usually a good thing.

That's great news. I have a feeling that soon enough our Db's will turn into a strength.

• 1 month later...

Wesley Sinor crystal balled him to AU. Kiss of death for AU.

Not why I bumped it, but I did notice that. Lol.

Well, unless we get one or two 5 * recruits on the D-line, it will of minimal help to have good DBs since the QBs will have all day to throw the ball and the WRs will eventually get open.

Well, unless we get one or two 5 * recruits on the D-line, it will of minimal help to have good DBs since the QBs will have all day to throw the ball and the WRs will eventually get open.

Yeah because being a 5* DL recruit means the kid will play like a 5*. Raven Gray says hello.

That's a stupid comment. There are exceptions to every rule. Yes, there are some 5*s that suck, but on average you are much more likely to get good play out of a 5* than a 3 *. Don't be a moron.

This is stupid comment.

This is stupid comment.

LOL Yep.

This is stupid comment.

LOL Yep.

^^^^this^^^^^

Am I doing it right?

That's a stupid comment. There are exceptions to every rule. Yes, there are some 5*s that suck, but on average you are much more likely to get good play out of a 5* than a 3 *. Don't be a moron.

I was not being a moron and please stop the childish name calling crap. I did not attack you so there was no reason to come back like that to me. Reality is the services are not nearly as good at judging talent as most the coaching staffs. They miss on some 5*s every year. My point was you can't take a 5* kid because he is a 5* kid to a service. He has to be a 5* to the staff. Julian Rochester is a perfect example. He's a 5* we were recruiting hard til Boom came on staff. Boom feels he is very overrated and we backed off him.

I was not being a moron and please stop the childish name calling crap. I did not attack you so there was no reason to come back like that to me. Reality is the services are not nearly as good at judging talent as most the coaching staffs. They miss on some 5*s every year. My point was you can't take a 5* kid because he is a 5* kid to a service. He has to be a 5* to the staff. Julian Rochester is a perfect example. He's a 5* we were recruiting hard til Boom came on staff. Boom feels he is very overrated and we backed off him.

E, I heard on Sirius (I think) that there was not one 5 star on the field in the Oregon- OSU title game. Do you know if this is true?

This conversation debating irrefutable facts will go on forever.

"Highly rated players are more likely to be successful, but some will be unsuccessful. Lower rater players are less likely to be successful, but some will be successful. Coaches are better talent evaluators than recruiting services, but more often than not, they agree."

And for part 2 of the conversation:

"No matter how good the players are, they need a good coach to win championships. No matter how good the coach is, he needs good players to win championships."

Feel free to copy and paste next time. It won't be long.

Archived