Tuscaloosa police charge 23-year-old high school teacher with sexual relationship with student

AURaptor

Does AL rival Florida in these incidents ? I swear, I see more of these stories coming from both states than anywhere else.

Maybe it goes on everywhere, but it just seems more in some than other places.

A 23-year-old high school teacher was arrested in Tuscaloosa Friday afternoon after police investigated an on-going relationship with one of her students.

Sgt. Brent Blankley, a spokesman for the police department, said investigators from the juvenile division were alerted early this week by the Tuscaloosa City School System of a troubling relationship between a student and teacher at Bryant High School.

Blankley said officers interviewed both parties and a warrant was ultimately issued for the arrest of Jessica Bonnett Acker, the 23-year-old teacher. Acker turned herself in to TPD Friday afternoon and was charged with engaging in a sex act or deviant sexual intercourse with a student under the age of 19.

Acker was taken to the Tuscaloosa County Jail, where her bond was set at $5,000.

Blankley said the victim was an 18-year-old male student at Bryant High.

16736702-small.jpg

Story says 18, and she was just 23, so I really don't know what the legal issue is, at least when it comes to age. 5 years difference doesn't seem like a big deal.

The accompanying story of the 38 yr old , married w/ 3 kids, hooked up w/ a student " between 12 and 16 ". ... hate it for the family, but man, most 15 yr olds would have gone to town on her.

Story says 18, and she was just 23, so I really don't know what the legal issue is, at least when it comes to age. 5 years difference doesn't seem like a big deal.

The accompanying story of the 38 yr old , married w/ 3 kids, hooked up w/ a student " between 12 and 16 ". ... hate it for the family, but man, most 15 yr olds would have gone to town on her.

The age limit in this case is 19. I read that somewhere. It has to do with her being a teacher and him being a student.

This stuff with that age separation is more about liability and professionalism.

Mean while we kid about it when it is males. Let's be honest what family is going to send their daughter to a high school that allows sexual interactions between the teachers and students. Mean outside of the school system the legal age of consent is 16 isn't it?

Rumor is that it was with a student that is 18. If the student was 19, this would be legal right? Just wondering. So basically, legally everywhere except Alabama and a few other states?

I think that is correct.

For a while, some states had an age of consent of 15... I mean, if you can vote and join the army at 18, why can't you doink a 23 yr old ?

For a while, some states had an age of consent of 15... I mean, if you can vote and join the army at 18, why can't you doink a 23 yr old ?

Would you want your daughter going to a high school where at 16 she could start doinking the teachers?

I mean I think you get fired from Auburn University for doinking your students and we are talking about 20 year olds.

The legal age of consent in Alabama is 16. Had she not been his teacher, it would have been OK. There are major issues with teachers being in a relationship with their students. The potential for coercion and abuse of authority is too great.

Would you want your daughter going to a high school where at 16 she could start doinking the teachers?

I mean I think you get fired from Auburn University for doinking your students and we are talking about 20 year olds.

Well, if my SON were doinking a 23 yr old teacher who looked like her...

Of course, it's the fact this took place in T'loser is only an added bonus.

:laugh:

Well, if my SON were doinking a 23 yr old teacher who looked like her...

Of course, it's the fact this took place in T'loser is only an added bonus.

:laugh:

And if your son was boinking a 22 year old teacher that looked like

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26700330/former-tuscaloosa-teacher-arrested-for-sexual-contact-with-student

Does AL rival Florida in these incidents ? I swear, I see more of these stories coming from both states than anywhere else...

We're number one! We're number one!

Apparently there are a large number of 20-something guys in Alabama that aren't stepping up to the plate! If those guys were doing their jobs the young female teachers wouldn't be getting all touchy-feely with their students.

• 3 months later...

If these were male teachers with female students, this country would be in total meltdown right now. But since it's female teachers, it's largely absent from the media.

If these were male teachers with female students, this country would be in total meltdown right now. But since it's female teachers, it's largely absent from the media.

al.com front paged it. I don't think it's so much a media thing as a society thing.

STILL NUMBER 1! STILL NUMBER 1!

She's sorta cute too

hallashleyjpg-4d1a00b0c592f1a0.jpg

Pretty is as pretty does... and this is pretty ugly to me !!!

Do we already forget how she'd look to a horny 15-17 yr old ?

Heck yeah I would !

Funny, I just noticed that the article declaring AL as #1 comes out just 4 days after I posted this thread. I guess the flurry of stories was obvious to a few others as well.

She's sorta cute too

Do we already forget how she'd anything that moves would look to a horny 15-17 yr old ?

Heck yeah I would !

Funny, I just noticed that the article declaring AL as #1 comes out just 4 days after I posted this thread. I guess the flurry of stories was obvious to a few others as well.

FTFY. Apparently, in her case it was 13-15 year olds.

She's sorta cute too

Do we already forget how she'd look to a horny 15-17 yr old ?

Heck yeah I would !

That's why it's so ugly....because there was a horny adult involved in the mix with the kids.

Ugly clean to the bone.

The law is a little more complex than just age of consent. Even if it were not a teacher/student relationship, the laws are designed to protect minors from adults. So, if the age difference is greater than 3 years (in most states), the older person can be charged with rape. There was a case in Georgia not too long ago involving a male high school student and a 14 year old.

Then there is the issue of people in positions of authority, which is independent of age. Universities, for example, prohibit sexual relations between faculty and their students, no matter how old they are. In public schools, teachers are not permitted to have sex with students, no matter what the age difference.

But ya know, I just don't understand the appeal of adults wanting to have sex with kids/teens. I don't understand what motivates the teacher to even consider it. Is it a desire to be popular with students? Or kicks from violating a taboo? Or some sort of "I will teach you about sex" thing? Or just basic depression/unhappiness with one's life, using this as a means for feeling in charge/control of something when everything else is out of the person's control? Whatever the explanation, it's just plain wrong morally. And, um, icky as well.

The law is a little more complex than just age of consent. Even if it were not a teacher/student relationship, the laws are designed to protect minors from adults. So, if the age difference is greater than 3 years (in most states), the older person can be charged with rape. There was a case in Georgia not too long ago involving a male high school student and a 14 year old.

Then there is the issue of people in positions of authority, which is independent of age. Universities, for example, prohibit sexual relations between faculty and their students, no matter how old they are. In public schools, teachers are not permitted to have sex with students, no matter what the age difference.

But ya know, I just don't understand the appeal of adults wanting to have sex with kids/teens. I don't understand what motivates the teacher to even consider it. Is it a desire to be popular with students? Or kicks from violating a taboo? Or some sort of "I will teach you about sex" thing? Or just basic depression/unhappiness with one's life, using this as a means for feeling in charge/control of something when everything else is out of the person's control? Whatever the explanation, it's just plain wrong morally. And, um, icky as well.

I agree.

Archived