Kiffin candidate for OC

TexasTiger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he does leave for the 49ers, I'm sure the talking point by the Bammers will be that Saban told him to go ahead and start looking for another job, just like he did Thompson and Steele.

Beat me to it as well. I kind of hope this happens and Saban has to spend weeks getting staff leftovers than finishing recruiting. Commits flip elsewhere and that place becomes a dumpster fire for their redneck fans

If he does leave for the 49ers, I'm sure the talking point by the Bammers will be that Saban told him to go ahead and start looking for another job, just like he did Thompson and Steele.

Yep. I think we will hear that they didn't want the sleazeball anyway.

Phyllis will be imploding next week

Yes; I'm sure Lil Nickie planned this all just before national signing day, and has yet to announce a replacement.

S o, what are the chances that his coaches have either had enough of the weeman's antics...................OOOOOORRRRRR are they aware of something on the horizon that will come out soon? I know he was a head coach, but didn't Pete Carroll do something similar right before USC took their mighty fall? Just thinking out load.....

S o, what are the chances that his coaches have either had enough of the weeman's antics...................OOOOOORRRRRR are they aware of something on the horizon that will come out soon? I know he was a head coach, but didn't Pete Carroll do something similar right before USC took their mighty fall? Just thinking out load.....

I doubt anything like that is going on. I think Kiffen would rather just be on the West coast and maybe back in the NFL. If Saban was doing anything this year he would have announced it already Im sure. I do think his time as the dominant force in the SEC is over and probably his time at bama is short.

no way to know. the 49ers are a screwy bunch. The way they want to run things is so odd. I mean they ran Harbaugh off. Hiring a guy like Kiffin seems a bit odd but yet not surprising either.

So any word on Kiffin's initial leaning?

I would think he would like to be back on the West Coast. As far as Alabama, no one will even remotely be able to replace the playmaking ability of Cooper, though I'm sure they'll still be able to run the ball fine next year. But Kiffin's stock may not be higher than now--even if he/Alabama were successful next year--because the big play will be harder to come by IMO.

I would think he would like to be back on the West Coast. As far as Alabama, no one will even remotely be able to replace the playmaking ability of Cooper, though I'm sure they'll still be able to run the ball fine next year. But Kiffin's stock may not be higher than now--even if he/Alabama were successful next year--because the big play will be harder to come by IMO.

I agree with this.

I mentioned the other day I felt like this was like AU 2008 and 2012. Think there was a major strife between the defensive coaches and LK. They felt like they became the scape goat. For the last few years the defense was being told they were winning the championships and then this year it was the offense that was carrying the defense. I think that is why LT and KS left and even Kirby was considering it. Lil nicky's world is about to implode. Consider that Coker will be his starting QB next year with at least 3 new OLs and a new OC, this could become a dumpster fire fast. uat fans already mad cause he hasn't won a NC in the last two years. This story won't end well in t-town. WDE

I agree with this.

Yep. He needs to be smart. If their qb sucks next year, they'll be saying that he was told to hit the road

I mentioned the other day I felt like this was like AU 2008 and 2012. Think there was a major strife between the defensive coaches and LK. They felt like they became the scape goat. For the last few years the defense was being told they were winning the championships and then this year it was the offense that was carrying the defense. I think that is why LT and KS left and even Kirby was considering it. Lil nicky's world is about to implode. Consider that Coker will be his starting QB next year with at least 3 new OLs and a new OC, this could become a dumpster fire fast. uat fans already mad cause he hasn't won a NC in the last two years. This story won't end well in t-town. WDE

Coker won't be the qb. From what people I talk to are saying, it will be Cromwell.

Coker won't be the qb. From what people I talk to are saying, it will be Cromwell.

Hope those people are not Alabama fans cause they don't know what they are talking about...actually that's okay

I will bet you a case of beer that Satan's world will not implode and UAT will not become a dumpster fire.

I'd never get lucky enough to see that happen.

Seems every offseason there's talk of internal strife and impending trouble in Turdtown, and every year they come back strong. After nearly a decade of building a consistent title contender (shady, underhanded tactics aside) can we finally just accept that Bama is going to be a pain in the rear as long as Saban is there?

So, if Kiffin leaves, who does lil nickie go after to be his OC?

Seems every offseason there's talk of internal strife and impending trouble in Turdtown, and every year they come back strong. After nearly a decade of building a consistent title contender (shady, underhanded tactics aside) can we finally just accept that Bama is going to be a pain in the rear as long as Saban is there?

I accepted that fact a LONG time ago.

We ALL said this exact same time last year that they would implode, Saban was on a losing streak, and that we would take over as king of the hill. I mean we were the SEC champs and had made it to the last BCSNC game - we were returning a great QB & WR's.........Saban was rumored to be going to Texass, UAT lost a ton of talent and a two time NC winning QB, they hired that dumbass Kiffen, and they were left with a black QB that we all knew they'd never allow to start for their team........

Look the season turned out for AU & UAT :-\

I accepted that fact a LONG time ago.

We ALL said this exact same time last year that they would implode, Saban was on a losing streak, and that we would take over as king of the hill. I mean we were the SEC champs and had made it to the last BCSNC game - we were returning a great QB & WR's.........Saban was rumored to be going to Texass, UAT lost a ton of talent and a two time NC winning QB, they hired that dumbass Kiffen, and they were left with a black QB that we all knew they'd never allow to start for their team........

Look the season turned out for AU & UAT :-\/>

If AU had a defense we wouldn't be having this discussion. Wait a minute, we just hired a dcoordinator! Problem solved!!

He's not going away but he's not the dominating force he was either. There are ways to beat him. It has been demonstrated how to do it. At Auburn we have the system and coach, offensively, to beat him. As others have mentioned with a decent defense we are on a 2 game win streak against them. That problem has been addressed and it will be solved I believe. I don't fear him and neither should anybody else. Taking him down isn't easy but it's oh so much sweeter when you do beat the top dog like that. I don't mind them being good or even great. I know we'll be right there with them. I like competing against the best and beating the best.

Archived