2015 3* CB Sheldrick Redwine (Miami signee)

ellitor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are battling for a 3 star with Louisville? Is he just grossly under rated? Listed as No.66 at his position, we have much much higher rates guys on our list...are we not expecting any good news there since this guy is now our No. 1 or is he just severely under ranked?

Is he just grossly under rated?

Kid's in the big 3 recruiting states get underranked sometimes

Listed as No.66 at his position, we have much much higher rates guys on our list

Not much higher at CB which is where the staff is recruiting him. Also remember in the staff's minds they want 2 corners and virtually have none right now. Also remember good staff do their own evals and don't rely on rankings.

Lastly look at his senior highlights which are linked. I think you will like him. I know I and Dixie do.

On the cool scale this kid's off the charts. His comments from the Boom weekend are hilarious, and he brings great entertainment value. Being able to laugh at oneself is a rare attribute and worth at least one extra star.

Listed as No.66 at his position, we have much much higher rates guys on our list

Not much higher at CB which is where the staff is recruiting him. Also remember in the staff's minds they want 2 corners and virtually have none right now. Also remember good staff do their own evals and don't rely on rankings.

Lastly look at his senior highlights which are linked. I think you will like him. I know I and Dixie do.

You are absolutely right. I just looked at this kid's highlights. Very aggressive at the line and knows how to snag the ball out of the air. I see why Muschamp and T Rob want this kid.

You are absolutely right. I just looked at this kid's highlights. Very aggressive at the line and knows how to snag the ball out of the air. I see why Muschamp and T Rob want this kid.

He's getting an in-home and a school visit this week, so if he's he's at least a plan B+.

Highlights always show the best plays, but it does appear this kids has a good eye for the ball in the air.

And also very physical which I promise you Boom and T-Rob like a lot.

I agree about the very physical part last year our CB's were not physical enough to bump big receivers off their routes when we did try to bump them at the line of scrimmage that is a must when you do some of the blitz packages as it takes away the quick pass and allows the blitzer to get to the QB.

Highlights always show the best plays, but it does appear this kids has a good eye for the ball in the air.

When a coach watches tape, most of the time he evaluates what the player did to make that play successful. It's like the player resume'. The coach watches for things like footwork, positioning, technique, where the eyes are looking, how the player reacts to what he is seeing, etc. Highlight film can tell a lot to a coach but never the whole story. As a coach you always want to see the successes because you want to determine what tools he used to get there.

Good speed and physicality, and appears to have good instincts for where the ball is going. Could be a definite asset for us, by the looks of it, although I'm hardly qualified to assess football film.

We are battling for a 3 star with Louisville?

Louisville has had some of the best defensive talent in the nation these past few years; why are you using this as an insult? They had two first round picks and a third round pick last year. This year they had the Thorpe Award winner (a potential 1st rounder) and another player that will go within the first ~3 rounds.

How many top defensive draftees have WE had within the past few years? Exactly.

Unless we sign Redwine and not Westry, then Redwine > Westry.

;)

Na. For Blueridge it's

opposite to Ellitor's opinion > Ellitor's opinion lol

Who would be a better steal...redwine or the Texas commit?

Both given they're likely the top 2 CBs on the board for 2 CB spots in this class. Don't forget Javarius Davis. He may be a take also.

Javarius Davis and one of Redwine or Davis (Texas Commit) will most likely be our corners for this class

Just depends who the staff likes as the 2 best. I know Redwine is one of them. The question is which Davis is the other.

Who would be a better steal...redwine or the Texas commit?

Both given they're likely the top 2 CBs on the board for 2 CB spots in this class. Don't forget Javarius Davis. He may be a take also.

Right. Thanks.

Javarius Davis and one of Redwine or Davis (Texas Commit) will most likely be our corners for this class

Just depends who the staff likes as the 2 best. I know Redwine is one of them. The question is which Davis is the other.

Looking like a take for J.Davis

Archived