American Sniper

Proud Tiger

Went to see the movie this afternoon. Great movie.Wish we had more guys who loved their country as much as Chris Kyle and the gonads to back it up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courage defined. Great movie. His wife as well as those close to him say it is very accurate portrait of his life. He was truly an American HERO.

Usually with such movies, I'm the last to see them. Zero Dark Thirty, I saw on Netflix. Haven't seen Lone Survivor yet. But this one, I saw Fri night, the opening weekend.

Feels weird being on the leading edge of viewers for a change. There was some build up, but really, I just walked into the movie with an open mind.

It's a very good flick. I think every American should see it.

Great article by a dear friend and fantastic SEAL. He perfectly summarizes why I'm not wrapped around the axel by the comments of Michael Moore. Their criticism and free forum to do so was paid for by warriors like Chief Kyle. "My fellow special-operations brothers might be shocked, but I think the comments by Messrs. Rogen and Moore have had the ironic effect of honoring Chris Kyle’s memory. They inadvertently paid Chris a tribute that joins the Texas funeral procession and “American Sniper” book sales and box office in testifying to the power of his story." http://www.wsj.com/articles/rorke-denver-the-united-states-of-american-sniper-1422316204

I'm not wrapped around their comments....I expected them to be a**holes. It's who they are and what they do.

Great article by a dear friend and fantastic SEAL. He perfectly summarizes why I'm not wrapped around the axel by the comments of Michael Moore. Their criticism and free forum to do so was paid for by warriors like Chief Kyle. "My fellow special-operations brothers might be shocked, but I think the comments by Messrs. Rogen and Moore have had the ironic effect of honoring Chris Kyle’s memory. They inadvertently paid Chris a tribute that joins the Texas funeral procession and “American Sniper” book sales and box office in testifying to the power of his story." http://www.wsj.com/a...iper-1422316204

I actually have a problem with the entire freedom was paid for thing.

I'm curious if Kyle is who people want us to believe by some of the comments of people that interacted with him. Btw your article link is asking for a subscription to read the entire thing.

I learned a long time ago that just cause you wear the uniform, and you fight, that doesn't make you a hero. I think I have mentioned it here before but probably the worst beating I took was by 3 "heroes" when I was in high school. They claimed a girl had a right to do with her body as she willed in this country cause they defended her rights, this then meant that they should have rights to her body. That is almost a direct quote. I took the ass beating while she ran for help

So I had to defend her rights, against those that bragged about defending her rights, and believed that defense entitled them to sexual favors.

Unfortunately for those that do get it, there are a bunch that don't. Like the ones that guilt trip you cause you don't donate to their charity... you have the freedom to shop here cause of my sacrifice. The ones that told you that you had to buy them a pitcher.......cause they defended my right to use a fake ID and drink underage. Or the complete idiot a few months ago that cut in line..... because the only reason we were able to stand in line was due to his sacrifices he informed us.

It always amazes me when military personnel claim they earned and they defended your rights to do things, then they want to take them away or you to sacrifice them just for them. It is a job, I paid my taxes, thus I paid them to go do this.

I will say though, it seems it is usually the Army that produces these individuals. I use to live in a army town and they thought they were entitled to a ton of things.

I guess its a generational thing also. Cause this never happened with WWII vets, or Korean, or Vietnam, always Gulf War and up that did it.

I have no problem respecting the ones that earn it, but some treat their service like its some ancient life debt that society must pay them from now till death and hold it over your head.

Great article by a dear friend and fantastic SEAL. He perfectly summarizes why I'm not wrapped around the axel by the comments of Michael Moore. Their criticism and free forum to do so was paid for by warriors like Chief Kyle. "My fellow special-operations brothers might be shocked, but I think the comments by Messrs. Rogen and Moore have had the ironic effect of honoring Chris Kyle’s memory. They inadvertently paid Chris a tribute that joins the Texas funeral procession and “American Sniper” book sales and box office in testifying to the power of his story." http://www.wsj.com/a...iper-1422316204

I'm curious if Kyle is who people want us to believe by some of the comments of people that interacted with him. Btw your article link is asking for a subscription to read the entire thing.

I learned a long time ago that just cause you wear the uniform, and you fight, that doesn't make you a hero. I think I have mentioned it here before but probably the worst beating I took was by 3 "heroes" when I was in high school. They claimed a girl had a right to do with her body as she willed in this country cause they defended her rights, this then meant that they should have rights to her body. That is almost a direct quote. I took the ass beating while she ran for help

So I had to defend her rights, against those that bragged about defending her rights, and believed that defense entitled them to sexual favors.

Unfortunately for those that do get it, there are a bunch that don't. Like the ones that guilt trip you cause you don't donate to their charity... you have the freedom to shop here cause of my sacrifice. The ones that told you that you had to buy them a pitcher.......cause they defended my right to use a fake ID and drink underage. Or the complete idiot a few months ago that cut in line..... because the only reason we were able to stand in line was due to his sacrifices he informed us.

It always amazes me when military personnel claim they earned and they defended your rights to do things, then they want to take them away or you to sacrifice them just for them. It is a job, I paid my taxes, thus I paid them to go do this.

I will say though, it seems it is usually the Army that produces these individuals. I use to live in a army town and they thought they were entitled to a ton of things.

I guess its a generational thing also. Cause this never happened with WWII vets, or Korean, or Vietnam, always Gulf War and up that did it.

I have no problem respecting the ones that earn it, but some treat their service like its some ancient life debt that society must pay them from now till death and hold it over your head.

Well said and I agree with a lot of your comments. Sorry about the link, I was able to read the entire thing this morning.

Unfortunately, I agree with much of your sentiments. It is truly a sad commentary.

I am glad you noted the generational thing. I agree it is a primary contributor. It was also a contributor to my military departure.

Well said and I agree with a lot of your comments. Sorry about the link, I was able to read the entire thing this morning.

It's most likely cause it's WSJ. It will probably show up tomorrow.

It's not just an Army thing but one that you are accustomed to. I'm not looking for rah rah and I think I have used my active or veteran status a couple of times in my life but only because someone decided to buy my lunch or kept offering until I took it. If you get around a group of people, especially younger men and women, and they have had all these "benefits" thrown at them by every other commercial entity around post....then you might start to believe that you are entitled to something. I sure as hell don't think this way.

I am very proud to have served in two of our five historic and honorable military organizations. But I don't go looking for societal cheer. I got that on my own with my battle buddies or my coasties.

Here’s what moviegoers in Baghdad think of ‘American Sniper’

"When Gaith Mohammed, a young man in his twenties with a degree in accounting, went to see "American Sniper" during its opening week at Baghdad’s Mansour Mall, he says the theater was full and rowdy.

“Some people watching were just concentrating, but others were screaming ‘****, shoot him! He has an IED, don’t wait for permission!!’” Mohammed laughed, recounting the film’s many tense scenes when US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, played by Bradley Cooper, radios in for authorization to take out a potential threat in his crosshairs." http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/iraq/150128/what-moviegoers-baghdad-think-american-sniper

Haven't seen the movie, but if the charges that it links Iraq to 9/11 are true (and knowing Clint Eastwood directed it, that's easier to believe), that is very unfortunate.

Regardless of what you think of Kyle (see below) it's a travesty to use him for such deceptive propaganda.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/29/jesse-ventura-chris-kyle_n_6570304.html

It's been a week now since I saw the movie, I've heard a lot of BS commentary and guess what......I still think Chris Kyle is a patriot and hero!!!

It's been a week now since I saw the movie, I've heard a lot of BS commentary and guess what......I still think Chris Kyle is a patriot and hero!!!

I know he was.

Haven't seen the movie, but if the charges that it links Iraq to 9/11 are true (and knowing Clint Eastwood directed it, that's easier to believe), that is very unfortunate.

Regardless of what you think of Kyle (see below) it's a travesty to use him for such deceptive propaganda.

http://www.huffingto..._n_6570304.html

:-\

Who let the clown in here ?

" Haven't seen the movie ... it's a travesty to use him for such deceptive propaganda "

:homer:

Who let the clown in here ?

" Haven't seen the movie ... it's a travesty to use him for such deceptive propaganda "

:homer:

You left out a key phrase in order to twist my words to imply something else, which is so typical of your crowd.

What a weaseling tactic this is.

Archived