Patriots' balls deflated.

alexava

Helium in the one for punting maybe?

Worst thing that happens is some fines probably. I doubt they would have the guts to ban them from the Super Bowl.

The punishment ranges from fines to possible loss of draft choices. That didn't affect the outcome of the game.

And the officials check the game balls prior to kick off. So did the patriot staff let the air out on the sideline? I bet people are looking at lots of video to see if they can catch them.

I think the refs dropped it on the pre-check. 11 out of 12 and all were a couple pounds short? Sounds like somebody didn't do their job.

Wow. Never thought this was regulated. 11 of 12 were under the spec. Maybe kept one for punting?

The K balls are different from the balls used in regular play. They wouldn't have been messed with.

Worst thing that happens is some fines probably. I doubt they would have the guts to ban them from the Super Bowl.

The punishment ranges from fines to possible loss of draft choices. That didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Who cares the punishment...........how often do you get to throw in a Terry Daniels referece these days!

Didn't they fine and take away draft choices before for the spygate or stealgate... can't remember exactly what they called it.

Player and coaches making millions of dollars and the referees don't control the games balls during the game. Even MLB umpires control the baseballs.

Who cares the punishment...........how often do you get to throw in a Terry Daniels referece these days!

Didn't they fine and take away draft choices before for the spygate or stealgate... can't remember exactly what they called it.

Yeah something like that. I had forgotten the Terry Daniels business. Sherrill made a fool out of himself over that.

Player and coaches making millions of dollars and the referees don't control the games balls during the game. Even MLB umpires control the baseballs.

that would be a hell of a job. A ball control official.

Each NFL team is allowed 12 Footballs for play and 12 footballs for kicking / punting per game. All of the footballs are supposed to have 13 pounds per square inch of air in them. The air pressure in the footballs is checked before each game. There is about a 1/2 pound margin of error either way. Normally, they are not checked again but because of a prior accusation by the Colts after their regular season game against the Patriots, the league asked the officials to check all of the balls at the half. That is when it was discovered that all 12 balls were low and 11 of the 12 game balls were at least 2 pounds low. The lower air pressure gives the QB a better grip, allows the receivers to squeeze the ball when catching it and ball carriers get a better grip. This is even more relevant when the conditions are cold and wet. Many current and former NFL players have defended the Patriots saying it does not matter and did not play a role in the game. I have no doubt that the Patriots would have won the game regardless but to say the low air pressure was a non factor is just not right.

Each NFL team is allowed 12 Footballs for play and 12 footballs for kicking / punting per game. All of the footballs are supposed to have 13 pounds per square inch of air in them. The air pressure in the footballs is checked before each game. There is about a 1/2 pound margin of error either way. Normally, they are not checked again but because of a prior accusation by the Colts after their regular season game against the Patriots, the league asked the officials to check all of the balls at the half. That is when it was discovered that all 12 balls were low and 11 of the 12 game balls were at least 2 pounds low. The lower air pressure gives the QB a better grip, allows the receivers to squeeze the ball when catching it and ball carriers get a better grip. This is even more relevant when the conditions are cold and wet. Many current and former NFL players have defended the Patriots saying it does not matter and did not play a role in the game. I have no doubt that the Patriots would have won the game regardless but to say the low air pressure was a non factor is just not right.

Umm yeah it was a non factor. First of all let's not get all outraged over things and act like this kind of thing doesn't go on all the time. Go talk to some former players about game balls and see what kind of stories you get. Players in all sports, at all levels, do all kinds of things to try to gain an advantage. It's called gamesmanship. It's been done since sports began and will continue for the rest of time.

Gamesmanship?

people are always seeing what they can do to gain an advantage. Some teams used to not cut the grass very low or things like that. These things have been going on forever. Pine tar for bats and scuffing baseballs. It sounds worse than it is.

Gamesmanship?

people are always seeing what they can do to gain an advantage. Some teams used to not cut the grass very low or things like that. These things have been going on forever. Pine tar for bats and scuffing baseballs. It sounds worse than it is.

Oklahoma use to have a huge slant toward the edges of it's field when Switzer was the coach. Had to do with running the option and letting them gain speed going downhill. Billy Tubbs use to keep his gyms over 90 degrees. His team always practiced in those conditions, most other schools didn't. So they would be affected by the heat at Llyod Noble.

This whole story is rediculous. I hope it gets sorted out soon

The NFL really doesn't want to find out what went on, at least not yet.

the sound bites from this are just hilarious

"I don't want anyone touching the balls after that. I don't want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in them, taking any air out. To me, those balls are perfect, and that's what I expect when I show up on the field."

"I'm not squeezing them, that's not part of my process," Brady said. "I grab it. I feel the lace, the leather. I feel the tack on the ball. That's really what you go for."

Brady earlier at his press conference. He had to have kept saying this for the media.

Coach and his was even better

well damn. in a conversation about this on facebook a bammer actually asked me if i remember "when auburn got in trouble for illegal balls in the mid 90s"?

well damn. in a conversation about this on facebook a bammer actually asked me if i remember "when auburn got in trouble for illegal balls in the mid 90s"?

what do you expect from a bammer. Never do get anything right.

Archived