Carl Lawson

Randman5000

Great little snippet by Gabe Wright...

Says Lawson will be great. He's handled the rehab process on his knee exceptionally well. We all have high hopes for Lawson next year in this defense. Let's start talking about next year with Carl as the center piece of that Dline.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Lawson-looks-great-34979919

"I know when those first three came in, they wanted to be the best they can be. They have the best coach to put them in position to do that.”

I wonder what coach Gabe is speaking of...Will or Rodney...I assume Rodney

For sure if we don't get some kind, any kind of middle push it won't be hard to neutralize CL.

It sort of works both ways. We didn't have any outside rush so that made it easier to block the inside guys last year. You need the inside guys to be a threat to take pressure off of the ends as well. Got to have both.

Carl will have a great year for 2015. He is an exceptional DE and an honorable young man. I wish you the best Carl, and know God will keep you safe and healthy for your career with Auburn and beyond.

Getting him, Lambert and Thornton on the field will allow Montravius to get some room. As stated in another thread (I think in the Cowart thread, IIRC), Monty was doubled-teamed at all times this year.

If we get Cowart, Holland and the other guy (not good with remembering) Lawson can't be double teamed or they're gonna have problems

Ce Ce.

Holland is a linebacker.

But yes I agree

The news wires are pointing towards those guys going elsewhere. What is the deal there?

Back to topic. I'm a big CL fan.

Those places depend on the number of hits to their site. No drama, no hits. Also, while we'd certainly like to bring in a bunch like that it's a long, long way from a done deal. We could get 'em all, we could get none of 'em. The final answer will probably be somewhere in the middle.

I hope Carl will be 100% by the time we open next season against Louisville in the Georgia Dome.

Yes, that game is going to be tougher than expected I think. Petrino always has very good offenses.

I hope Carl will be 100% by the time we open next season against Louisville in the Georgia Dome.

Yes, that game is going to be tougher than expected I think. Petrino always has very good offenses.

No worries, I have heard he will be back for Ole Miss in 2014.

Does anybody know what kind of players Beckner Jr. and Cowart are? Are they pass rushers like Lawson or are they DE/DT types like Elijah Daniel who can play anywhere on the D-lline?

Beckner is a disruptive DT. He's not an edge player. Cowart's best comp is probably Dante Fowler. Pass rusher but an every down guy. Capable of playing with his hand in the ground or standing up.

Archived