Men vs. uat - Post-game thread

InfernoOrangeSS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are competitve which is better than we've had but dang it's frustrating to watch all the bad shooting and low basketball IQ. Can definitely tell Bruce had to put together a patch work team for this season.

Still waiting to see the difference between this and last year. SSDD.

Tony Barbee is not the coach. Might be the only difference you end up seeing this season, but from my point of view, it's the only difference that matters to me this season.

Surely you can tell we are better than the last few years.

Sorry, despite some of these losses, I see a different kind of team in the making. The sloppiness at critical moments is killing us though. That said, Barbee loses this game by double digits.

In fact, that's exactly what he did at Tuscaloosa his last two seasons...16 and 18 point blowouts.

This better be the last time we lose to Alabama in basketball. I hope this helped save Anthony Grant's job. Pearl will dominate him in the coming years when we get Bruce's players in here. We just need to keep getting better!

If you really can't see a difference between this year and last year, you haven't watched Auburn this year and last.

no doubt. hate losing, but love seeing the difference and know we will be very good down the road.

This better be the last time we lose to Alabama in basketball. I hope this helped save Anthony Grant's job. Pearl will dominate him in the coming years when we get Bruce's players in here. We just need to keep getting better!

I hope you 're right

At what? I know I am in the minority here which is why I haven't posted about BB for a while, but AU still lacks any sibilance of event basketball. I like Pearl, and I think he can be good at AU, but I expected way more discipline than this. All I see are the same stupid turnovers, defensive lapses, and forever long offensive droughts that have killed AU for years. Yes, Pearl can only work with what he's got, but there's talent to be better than this.

Oh I did think of one thing, AU really is the best in bounds defensive team in the country. I just wish the improvement there could spill over to the rest of the defense.

What kills me is the lack of situational awareness on the part of these players. Coaches coach but players should be able to just play sound fundamentals. Block OUT

If Barbed were still coach, his head would be wanted on a platter for this SEC season. 2-4???? Only 3 teams in the SEC worse than us right now and weve played an easy SEC schedule.... no possible excuse for constantly going 5 plus minute scoring droughts...hell we scored EIGHT POINTS in the final 8.5 minutes in a rivalry game! Bruce needs to go back to the drawing board on offensive scheme because this is getting downright disgusting. To top it off, we stop pressing hard at the end until their final throw in with the game slilping away! This is atleast the 5th game this year Ive seen BP outcoached. Not a good start for a new coach. Hope he gets it together again cause right now he is failing on coaching offense and a winning mindset. Our guys fully exoect to lose every close game and it is obvious we are going to lose even while we are winning. Im officially done caring about this season as it all but ruined already. Maybe next year we will actually play offense.

EDIT: ADMITTEDLY I AM JUST VENTING AND I KNOW IT WILL IMPROVE

If you really can't see a difference between this year and last year, you haven't watched Auburn this year and last.

I have watched every AU BB game this year except maybe two. Watched most of last years' games too. It's better in none of the key areas that need to get better. If AU should shoot at all, I think they would be pretty good, or they could at least beat bad teams like uat. To beat good teams, they need to learn 6th grade basketball stuff. Blocking out, he's help side defense, and hitting free throws.

I'm not super down on the team, but it's still not even NIT worthy which means they aren't in the top 100 in D1. I think we all thought Pearl could at least do that.

At what? I know I am in the minority here which is why I haven't posted about BB for a while, but AU still lacks any sibilance of event basketball. I like Pearl, and I think he can be good at AU, but I expected way more discipline than this. All I see are the same stupid turnovers, defensive lapses, and forever long offensive droughts that have killed AU for years. Yes, Pearl can only work with what he's got, but there's talent to be better than this.

Oh I did think of one thing, AU really is the best in bounds defensive team in the country. I just wish the improvement there could spill over to the rest of the defense.

I still see a team playing better than at any point in the last 5 years. I know Pearl is a great coach, but if your expectations were for Auburn to do some massive 180 in less than a season, your expectations are the problem. This team is what it is talentwise. They fight and scrap and hustle. But they make mistakes and take bad shots and have lapses, yes. This is a 2-3 year turnaround, not a 19 game turnaround.

I still see a team playing better than at any point in the last 5 years. I know Pearl is a great coach, but if your expectations were for Auburn to do some massive 180 in less than a season, your expectations are the problem.

Indeed, TT, indeed. I guess I thought the NIT would be a good year for AU. Guess I shouldn't set my expectations so high.

It's somewhat possible they make it but they are going to have to win at home and take a road game or two.

Archived