A German's View of islam

Proud Tiger

This is supposedly a German's view of Islam but appeared in the March 2007 Israel National News. Regardless of the article's background, it is very thought provoking and pertinent to what is going on today and in discussions everywhere. It clearly expresses my personal fears but take it FWIW to you.

http://cjunk.blogspot.com/2006/02/why-peaceful-majority-is-irrelevant.html

Thanks for sharing.I had the exact same thought of the comparison of the Nazis and islamist after a discussion on another thread.

Very nice read.

Pre-war Germany was just as he said, peaceful and wanting to get back to work and life. But the politicos in the NSP kept stoking the fires and the kept up the slander and exhortations. Eventually they turned an educated-progressive country into a mindless bunch of thugs.

Today, Western Europe is much like it was in pre-WWII.

They either organize and get ready for real war, not the Marginot Line type of war, but real commando style war or get run over quickly.

We are not in as bad a shape as Europe. But we are again going to either help them now or have to rescue them yet one more time.

I say get ready and hope the threat stops growing.

It's going to be a travesty when they get their hands on something like a small nuclear device. I firmly believe they will use it if they can somehow get their hands on one.

It's going to be a travesty when they get their hands on something like a small nuclear device. I firmly believe they will use it if they can somehow get their hands on one.

Iran is stupid enough to built and turn on over a small nuke to the terrorist groups they have been funding and supplying for years.

Iran is stupid enough to built and turn on over a small nuke to the terrorist groups they have been funding and supplying for years.

I don't ever see that happening. Having N. Korea sell them one is more likely IMO.

And while the metaphor does have a few similar aspects, a (global) religion is not a country. Radical Islam doesn't really have much in common with the rise of the Third Reich beyond ruthlessness.

And while the metaphor does have a few similar aspects, a (global) religion is not a country. Radical Islam doesn't really have much in common with the rise of the Third Reich beyond ruthlessness.

The nazi's wanted to unite all German speaking countries into one Germany.

The radical Arab Moslems want a new Arab caliphate uniting all Moslem Arabs.

The nazi's tried to kill as many Jews as they could.

The radical Arab Moslems would also like to destroy Israel and the Jews there and elsewhere

Ruthlessness? Oh yeah, they were all meanies.

<_</>

One thing which separates radical Islam from NAZIS or Commies ? The Necro-Muslims don't care if they live or die. It's all for allah, and that's the sort of radicalism that will more likely nuke a land than just try to take it over.

Missed that whole caliphate thingy huh?

The radical Arab Moslems would also like to destroy Israel and the Jews there and elsewhere

True.

But Islam does not have a single nation-state to take over. It is a religion that spans the globe without a hierarchy of authority to control it. This makes a "takeover" of Islam impossible. FWIW, the same is true for Christianity.

That's the crucial difference.

<_</>

One thing which separates radical Islam from NAZIS or Commies ? The Necro-Muslims don't care if they live or die. It's all for allah, and that's the sort of radicalism that will more likely nuke a land than just try to take it over.

True. That's another key difference, which makes religious radicals all the more dangerous.

No, my point is that it's not possible, whereas the Nazi takeover of Germany obviously was.

Do you understand now?

True.

But Islam does not have a single nation-state to take over. It is a religion that spans the globe without a hierarchy of authority to control it. This makes a "takeover" of Islam impossible. FWIW, the same is true for Christianity.

That's the crucial difference.

My point is the radical Arab Moslems want to reform that Arab caliphate state that ended almost 1300 years ago. Will they be successful, no.

caliphate-map-622-750.jpg

The Arabs don't even care much for the non Arab Moslems. If they did they would have been upset by the ethnic cleansing of Moslems in Bosnia and other areas of the former Yugoslavia.

<_</>

True. That's another key difference, which makes religious radicals all the more dangerous.

No...just Islamic radicals...

No, my point is that it's not possible, whereas the Nazi takeover of Germany obviously was.

Do you understand now?

You are on the wrong side of history on this one.

Do you understand now?

I think what he means is it's not possible now.

<_</>

No...just Islamic radicals...

Hardly. A murder committed in the name of Christianity (or Hinduism, or Buddhism, etc.) is no different than one committed in the name of Islam.

Do you understand now?

Sorry, but I don't understand your point.

Do you understand now?

Two Points:

1) Being actually possible and the Radicals THINKING it is possible are different things.

2) The whole ISIS event now is proving that there is indeed a large number of Muslims that think it is indeed possible and that they are now doing it.

I am curious with several of you. Why do you think it is absolutely not going to happen?

Do you understand now?

Two Points:

1) Being actually possible and the Radicals THINKING it is possible are different things.

2) The whole ISIS event now is proving that there is indeed a large number of Muslims that think it is indeed possible and that they are now doing it.

I am curious with several of you. Why do you think it is absolutely not going to happen?

Regarding your two points - which are factual enough - the issue on the table is the metaphor of the Nazi takeover.

Thinking that a new global caliphate is possible requires assuming 1.2 billion Muslims, scattered in countries all over the world, each with it's own system of government, would buy into such a insanely radical philosophy. That defies common sense.

Obviously there are many third world Islamic countries who can contribute lots of misguided religious zealots to such a movement, but that is a result more of their personal economic/social conditions than it is of Islam per se'. And the Koran is not ripe with passages that can be used to justify such madness.

No one expects it to be just one state. But there could be a caliphate in the ME with say 50M population, very aggressive militarily and politically.

No one expects it to be just one state. But there could be a caliphate in the ME with say 50M population, very aggressive militarily and politically.

I just don't see that happening. That would be a far worse case than Communism (for example) which burned itself out on it's own corruption.

People in general - including Muslims - basically want better lives for themselves. I don't see how the ISIS movement can provide that.

Archived