Will Ole Miss sign all of the 5 star players in the country?

doc4aday

Just having some fun boys! May the Good Lord send some of the best talent in the country to Auburn!

How many 5 star recruits do you think we will have? I say 4 maybe 5. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...We will have more than Ole Miss!!!

How many 5 star recruits do you think we will have? I say 4 maybe 5. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...We will have more than Ole Miss!!!

I would say two as of today. Things can of course change rapidly.

1. Martez Ivey (it will be tight race, going down to the wire. from what I am hearing). 51% to AU, 49% Florida. You can see how close it is.

2. Byron Cowart (put him at about 55%).

Possibles, but not leading:

1. CeCe Jefferson -- 40%

2. Terry Beckner -- 35%

3. Terry Godwin - 40%

If we could pull all 5, you would be right! :)

That is a BIG IF, though.

I was beginning to think that we were being besieged by a Trojan mule full of Ole Miss loyalist attacking our fair city of Auburn, sweet Auburn where a den of pi$$ed of tigers lay in wait.

If they all sign with OM, then there's something and someone needs to get in touch with the NCAA. What does OM have to offer that other teams like Auburn doesn't have?

If they all sign with OM, then there's something and someone needs to get in touch with the NCAA. What does OM have to offer that other teams like Auburn doesn't have?

Nothing in particular. Its funny to me that people just can't accept that some kid might like Ole Miss more than Auburn. It's just a preference, that's all.

If they all sign with Auburn, will you feel the same?

Funny how quickly we forget what Ole Miss pulled off in 2013... 4 5-stars, followed by our own Austin Golson. I couldn't explain it that year, either. Fingers crossed we're the ones with a huge haul, this year.

Funny how quickly we forget what Ole Miss pulled off in 2013... 4 5-stars, followed by our own Austin Golson. I couldn't explain it that year, either. Fingers crossed we're the ones with a huge haul, this year.

Well, start with Robert Nkemdiche coming to play ball with his brother, and the rest went from there. Guys saw the number one recruit committed and want to come visit. Freeze is a very, very good recruiter/motivator. I'm not saying I wasn't suprised that Ole Miss pulled Tunsil and Treadwell, but Ole Miss isn't a tough sell once you get kids on campus in front of Freeze, IMO.

Anyway, I know this thread is tongue and cheek but really, Ole Miss has one five star interested and people start losing their minds.

It is funny they are the new darlings of college football in the SEC and recruiting world.

TCU really put a whooping on them though

It is funny they are the new darlings of college football in the SEC and recruiting world.

TCU really put a whooping on them though

They had a good year gotta give credit where credit is due.

Well, start with Robert Nkemdiche coming to play ball with his brother, and the rest went from there. Guys saw the number one recruit committed and want to come visit. Freeze is a very, very good recruiter/motivator. I'm not saying I wasn't suprised that Ole Miss pulled Tunsil and Treadwell, but Ole Miss isn't a tough sell once you get kids on campus in front of Freeze, IMO.

Anyway, I know this thread is tongue and cheek but really, Ole Miss has one five star interested and people start losing their minds.

Yup.

I have been trying to explain this. I honestly do not think OM has the staff to win big. I think Freeze is 23-16 since being anointed as the savior of OM football. I think at the end of 5 years, Freeze will probably have a record of no more than 36 wins. Auburn would have sent any coach with this record packing. Most coaches in the elite SEC teams would have been sent packing with this record.

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything like that. I just think in my heart of hearts that this is what will happen. I won a bet with a friend who is an OM fan that Freeze would have less than 25 wins after 3 years. I am very close. The bet was to donate $100.00 to each of our favorite charities.

I have been trying to explain this. I honestly do not think OM has the staff to win big. I think Freeze is 23-16 since being anointed as the savior of OM football. I think at the end of 5 years, Freeze will probably have a record of no more than 36 wins. Auburn would have sent any coach with this record packing. Most coaches in the elite SEC teams would have been sent packing with this record.

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything like that. I just think in my heart of hearts that this is what will happen.

I don't think you are being a jerk and you might be right, but again, I fail to see the relevance. Clearly that doesn't matter to some of these kids, and frankly, that doesn't bother me. I think these kids would have a great experience at any school in the SEC, assuming its where they want to play.

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything like that. I just think in my heart of hearts that this is what will happen.

I don't think you are being a jerk and you might be right, but again, I fail to see the relevance. Clearly that doesn't matter to some of these kids, and frankly, that doesn't bother me. I think these kids would have a great experience at any school in the SEC, assuming its where they want to play.

I do understand your point and respect it. I know you are a true Auburn without a doubt. I guess I am a bit like an old grandpa that can see the danger down the road from

I do understand and respect your assessment. At the end of the day, we are Auburn Tigers and have an infinite love for the school. I would love to revisit this debate at the end of the 2015 season. I predict that OM will have a 7-6 W/L record. I am not one of those that likes to gloat and be a dead horses rear end when I am right. This will be fun to follow. If they finish with 10 wins, I will wear an OM hat for a week.

by making a poor decision. With choosing any other school than Auburn, is a bit like the old knight in the Indiana Jones flick, the "Last Crusade." When the bad guy had the Austrian blonde bombshell pick what she thought was the Holy Grail cup of Christ. When the bad guy drank the Holy Water from the cup, he met a horrible death. The old knight made a profound statement. It was "He chose poorly." This comes to mind when I see an elite athlete choose a school where he will most likely never experience a conference championship much less a national championship. I know a lot of you think I am wrong, and I do understand and respect this 110%. I just ask respect and no name calling except for the bammers and other schools we tend to dislike.

I do understand your point and respect it. I know you are a true Auburn without a doubt. I guess I am a bit like an old grandpa that can see the danger down the road from

I do understand and respect your assessment. At the end of the day, we are Auburn Tigers and have an infinite love for the school. I would love to revisit this debate at the end of the 2015 season. I predict that OM will have a 7-6 W/L record. I am not one of those that likes to gloat and be a dead horses rear end when I am right. This will be fun to follow. If they finish with 10 wins, I will wear an OM hat for a week.

by making a poor decision. With choosing any other school than Auburn, is a bit like the old knight in the Indiana Jones flick, the "Last Crusade." When the bad guy had the Austrian blonde bombshell pick what she thought was the Holy Grail cup of Christ. When the bad guy drank the Holy Water from the cup, he met a horrible death. The old knight made a profound statement. It was "He chose poorly." This comes to mind when I see an elite athlete choose a school where he will most likely never experience a conference championship much less a national championship. I know a lot of you think I am wrong, and I do understand and respect this 110%. I just ask respect and no name calling except for the bammers and other schools we tend to dislike.

This viewpoint is why so many kids go to bama instead of OM or Auburn for that matter.....they make a "business decision" and forget the other aspects of college life and life after college. Fortunately for Auburn and the other DIv 1 schools, many kids look at the entire package....and not just the trophies.

So yes, I think you are wrong...and taking a very narrow view of what's important.

Dang doc you hate ole miss almost as much as I hate Ga Tech

Moon Shadow, we need to get together and grill some steaks and decree to the world our hatred of OM, GT, and of course.....that bammer school.

Dang doc you hate ole miss almost as much as I hate Ga Tech

Moon Shadow, we need to get together and grill some steaks and decree to the world our hatred of OM, GT, and of course.....that bammer school.

Well after a few PBR's I can solve the worlds problems and tell you a few true story's about the times I met the bear and Bobby, prick, Dodd on recruiting trips.

Archived