Just some excitement

tigerbrotha12

Walk on tryouts took place last week and I am so happy to say that my roommate, whom I have known since high school, will be playing football for the University we love, the Auburn Tigers. Jacob O'Kelley-Auburn High School graduate, sophomore in hours currently in first semester at Auburn, but has not played any college ball yet. Not huge news for everyone on this board, just excited for one of my best friends!

Jacob tried out at defensive end so will mainly be working with the scout team, or running with special teams while trying to prove himself @ DE.

He's a 6'3 245 guy so needless to say he's a big dude.

Great news for Jacob...."Walk-ons"....my favorites.

The last vestiges of amateur athletics at Div 1 schools....the true student-athlete.

Gotta' love the spirit of a walk on. All the BEST and WDE !!!

How big is Jacob and what will he be trying out for? I mean is he a lineman or a kicker or another spot. Sorry. I went back to page 2 and found out the info I was asking about.

Is he considered an invited walkon? That would be great as that category is limited to 20 total and can start fall practice with the team. I also assume he will go through spring practice; that`s were he would start to make his name known. Great news for Jacob. WDE

I am not sure if he is considered an invited walk on or not. He knew Coach Fountain and had talked to him about trying out, but he simply went to tryouts and made the team after working hard to get in shape and get stronger. He's taken me to the gym to workout with him and it's pretty embarrassing when he throws about 150 more pounds on there when you're done with your reps! They've got a meeting today at 2 so i'll receive the rundown tonight as usual most likely!

Archived