Bergdahl To Be Charged With Desertion?

Proud Tiger

We have all read that the DOD/Army has completed their investigation of the Bergdahl situation. According to Lt. Col (Ret) Tony Shaffer on TV tonight, quoting inside sources, Bergdahl will be charged with desertion He says the report is being delayed because the WH is trying furiously to stop it. Looks like another mess brewing with the WH at odds with the DOD/Army.

******Tues. a.m. update with link.........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/27/bergdahl-to-be-charged-with-desertion-ex-military-intel-officer-says/

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The report should be released N O W.

He has already been charged with desertion but Ben Rhodes, Asst national Security Advisor, refuses to let that fact be released by the WH. Everyone knew he was guilty when every single fellow soldier in his unit unequivocally stated that he deserted and should not be treated like some kind of hero. Not to mention the very unfortunate reality that soldiers lost their lives looking for him. This administration is such inept negotiators it is absolutely incredible...they trade 5 high level Taliban terrorists for a deserter, then by controlling the message try to cover that horrendous mistake up as they do on every other horrible mistake they make.

Blue....not everyone thought he was guilty. Go back and read the earlier thread on it and see the posts of some right here.

Of course they do now with the WH putting on the pressure. FOX didn't say it.......their guest did. So if you want to place blame put it on Lt. Col. (Ret)Tony Shaffer. Time will tell. Carry on with your self imposed silence.

Of course they do now with the WH putting on the pressure. Time will tell. Carry on with your self imposed silence.

You mad? Here's an Idea, how about we let the Army do its investigation before we convict someone?

Of course they do now with the WH putting on the pressure. Time will tell. Carry on with your self imposed silence.

You mad? Here's an Idea, how about we let the Army do its investigation before we convict someone?

what part of the story are you not clear on? Once again the Jonestowners never get out of lock step with barry.

Actually, it's a firing squad. : - )

If the emperor has no clothes we must not admit it . Just play along & accept what you're told.

Once again Fox News lets the Sheeple down: US Army Denies Desertion Charge For Bergdahl: http://news.sky.com/...ge-for-bergdahl

I guess NBC is letting their Sheeple down as well? http://www.nbcnews.c...als-say-n294466

what part of the story are you not clear on? Once again the Jonestowners never get out of lock step with barry.

I'm not clear on the entire story which is why the Army should be allowed to conduct its investigation. As someone who has been an investigator, these things take time to investigate, research and write the report. You just want closure so you can further your raging case of ODS. I support the troops, ALL THE TROOPS!

I'm not clear on the entire story which is why the Army should be allowed to conduct its investigation. As someone who has been an investigator, these things take time to investigate, research and write the report. You just want closure so you can further your raging case of ODS. I support the troops, ALL THE TROOPS!

So do I, but I also know from all the information gathered by his peers he was a deserter and it doesn't take this long to figure that one out. I do agree that an investigation must be concluded before final verdicts are advanced.

I still don't get trading 4 terrorists for the soldier but it's on Team Obama one way or the other.

Are you seriously for that?

Desertion has a price, but I don't expect the death penalty in this case. Treason is another matter.

Crucify him! Crucify him!

If he's guilty, he should pay the price. Not that price, but a price none the less.

I did not say I was "for it". Then again. I did not write the Law either.

There is a reason the penalty for THIS CRIME is so very high.

AUUSN.....From all indications, the Army completed it's investigation last October. If so, why so long to release findings? WH pressure maybe? Nah they wouldn't do that.

Who said anything about not supporting our troops? I pray or them every day asking God to keep them safe, seeing that their loved one's needs are met while they are away, and that they get all the benefits they have earned when they get home.

Can you make a post without making little insults?

Is this really about the "emperor"? This YOUNG man VOLUNTEERED to serve and protect our country. Now, whether he could not fulfill that duty because of cowardice or conscience, does he not deserve some consideration and respect? He at least made an effort, an effort that the majority of us did not make. Do you really want to destroy him for the sake of politics? If so, you should be ashamed of yourself.

So do I, but I also know from all the information gathered by his peers he was a deserter and it doesn't take this long to figure that one out. I do agree that an investigation must be concluded before final verdicts are advanced.

I still don't get trading 4 terrorists for the soldier but it's on Team Obama one way or the other.

I'm with you. These old guys here just want ammo to attack the President. They couldn't care less about Bergdahl getting a trial or a fair investigation.

This "young man" stands accused of T R E A S O N !!!!!! Get it?.............

I did not say I was "for it". Then again. I did not write the Law either.

There is a reason the penalty for THIS CRIME is so very high.

I did not say you were for that either. I asked you a question and, you skillfully avoided it.

Archived