2016 4* OT EJ Price (USC Signee)

ellitor

This is the type of player that I want at Bama.

This^^^^

Agree 110%

This

That

Not me. If the kid get his head on straight, which I think he will some time in the future, he is going to be a stud. Let him play against osu in the Big 10 for 4 years. Not against us at uat.

^^^This

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the type of player that I want at Bama.

This^^^^

Agree 110%

This

That

Not me. If the kid get his head on straight, which I think he will some time in the future, he is going to be a stud. Let him play against osu in the Big 10 for 4 years. Not against us at uat.

^^^This

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 month later...

I personally think that this should send up warning flags and tell us something about our other ol targets, IF most of the thoughts on this guy's recruitment have any truth to them.

I personally think that this should send up warning flags and tell us something about our other ol targets, IF most of the thoughts on this guy's recruitment have any truth to them.

We drew a hard line in the sand with him months ago. Since then, he seems to have gotten it together. All of his Opening interviews showed a mature respectable young man. Maybe now is exactly the right time to give him a second chance. He is coming off of a decommitment and a MVP showing at The Opening. His play is stellar right now, so if he has shown the maturity that he was lacking before, then I'm not sure why we'd turn him away. Based on other OL recruiting, this seems like great timing.

He worked out today for the coaches and does seem to understand why his recruitment turned into a roller coaster.

Nope. He was all AU last year and for some reason AU backed off. Looks like the kid did some growing up and reached out to AU. AU brought him in. Kid is going to be a stud if he can keep his head on straight. Good move by both Prince and AU. I'm told the visit went great and AU could be back in the drivers seat.

Top 3 with FSU and ???

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1785318

The recruitment of E.J. Price has taken another twist. The four-star offensive tackle from Archer in Lawrenceville, Ga., who was committed to Georgia for a couple of months, visited Auburn Wednesday and left with the Tigers among his leaders.

"It was great," Price said. "I was glad to get up here and work with Coach (J.B.) Grimes. He worked me out a lot and he was very impressed with what he saw. And I got to talk with Coach (Gus) Malzahn. It was a great experience."

Price, 6-foot-6 and 317 pounds, said he received a lot of positive feedback from Auburn.

"They definitely want me and I'm definitely high on their board. They're definitely going to be back in it for me," he said.

In fact, Auburn is right at the top of Price's list right now along with Florida State.

"I know this stuff has kind of been a roller coaster ride but they're (Auburn) going to be one of my top schools. I'm talking top three," Price said. "Florida State is definitely up there.

"I'm considering all the schools that are interested in me but right now, those are my leaders." Price hopes to return to Auburn later this summer or for an early game this fall. Rivals.com rates Price the nation's No. 9 offensive tackle and No. 117 overall prospect.

Top 3 with FSU and ???

https://auburn.rival...asp?CID=1785318

The recruitment of E.J. Price has taken another twist. The four-star offensive tackle from Archer in Lawrenceville, Ga., who was committed to Georgia for a couple of months, visited Auburn Wednesday and left with the Tigers among his leaders.

"It was great," Price said. "I was glad to get up here and work with Coach (J.B.) Grimes. He worked me out a lot and he was very impressed with what he saw. And I got to talk with Coach (Gus) Malzahn. It was a great experience."

Price, 6-foot-6 and 317 pounds, said he received a lot of positive feedback from Auburn.

"They definitely want me and I'm definitely high on their board. They're definitely going to be back in it for me," he said.

In fact, Auburn is right at the top of Price's list right now along with Florida State.

"I know this stuff has kind of been a roller coaster ride but they're (Auburn) going to be one of my top schools. I'm talking top three," Price said. "Florida State is definitely up there.

"I'm considering all the schools that are interested in me but right now, those are my leaders." Price hopes to return to Auburn later this summer or for an early game this fall. Rivals.com rates Price the nation's No. 9 offensive tackle and No. 117 overall prospect.

Don't know.

Top 3 with FSU and ???

Reading between the lines, I would guess that not even Price knows who would be #3 at the moment.

Top 3 with FSU and ???

Reading between the lines, I would guess that not even Price knows who would be #3 at the moment.

That's the way I read it. What started off to be a weak class, OL, seems to be doing pretty good IF some kids AU thinks are in. IF.

Top 3 with FSU and ???

Don't know.

My guess is either UGA or Michigan. Where he lives and where he is originally from.

• 1 month later...

Top 3 with FSU and ???

Don't know.

My guess is either UGA or Michigan. Where he lives and where he is originally from.

EJ will be among around 400 visitors (!) to Michigan State this weekend for the Oregon game.

The guys on ESPNU just said they think Auburn and UGA are his top 2, but that the Michigan schools will be in it. He's visiting East Lansing before Ann Arbor, by the way.

• 2 months later...

I watched their Playoff game Friday night. Mill Creek stomped Archer. Price and Davis had tough games. Regarding Price, he has a long way to go before he will be a starting OL in the SEC. He seems lazy; he took some plays off and was getting beat by a much smaller kid.

On the positive side, Price has great size and Russell should be able to make him stronger.

Archived