2015 3* DL G.G. Robinson (Louisville signee)

metafour

Maybe our defensive staff are doing their own evaluations of who best fits our needs instead of 247, Scout, and the likes. Everyone seems to think the talent level on defense has dropped off since Tubbs. but all the recruiting "Experts" rank the classes very high. Maybe Tubbs needs to quit coaching and start a recruiting service.

are you kidding, I hate to say it but Tubbs got kids who were great but we we're never top five, never going to take us to the next level. He didn't go the extra mile to get those kids. If Chizik could come in and get us a top three or five class right away...everyone was like wtf, we knew we could do that but didn't quite realize it.

Now we expect top five. AND we should.

We should be a top five program. both on and off the field.

That's not unrealistic

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're complaining because we could potentially land 5 - 5*'s on signing day and now it looks like we're going to settle for 3*'s. This was looking like one of the best finishes in Auburn recruiting history. Still could be. But I, and others on here, think it's too early to be offering and getting commitments from 3*'s with so much more talent still on the board.

I think from here on out every time we see a new player from out of the blue get an offer, it's a good bet the coaches got a call in which one of those "talented" removed himself from our board.

I kinda' like this guy....he has some real athleticism along with some size

Our coaches obviously agree. I think he could be a sleeper.

could have said the same thing about the kid who flipped to Kentucky, Westry

I think we're seeing the differences between defensive coordinators and their philosophies. Prospects we'd heard nothing about are suddenly becoming priorities, and that may be more the result of coaches evaluating differently than our dropping down the board. I think the board is changing as Muschamp wants players we weren't recruiting and is passing on players the old staff was targeting. G.G. Robinson is obviously athletic and quick, and not in the mold of some of our legacy DL's and DT's who were space eaters that couldn't get to the QB. Because he's legacy we knew about him, but I'm betting Johnson didn't want him in his system. Bobby Petrino can certainly evaluate talent and he wants him badly.

I haven't posted much in the last couple of years because of threads like this one. I love AU and the fans but all the whining and complaining is simply ridiculous. If Coach Malzahn and Coach Muschamp thinks GG is a nice fit for our DL, I would have to agree with them. If Ivey, Jefferson, Beckner, Cowart etc decide to go to another school then good luck t them. I want players who have talent,but also those who play with heart and love AU as much as I do. Some people put way too much emphasis on stars.

I haven't posted much in the last couple of years because of threads like this one. I love AU and the fans but all the whining and complaining is simply ridiculous. If Coach Malzahn and Coach Muschamp thinks GG is a nice fit for our DL, I would have to agree with them. If Ivey, Jefferson, Beckner, Cowart etc decide to go to another school then good luck t them. I want players who have talent,but also those who play with heart and love AU as much as I do. Some people put way too much emphasis on stars.

should skip over to 1/23 board, it's way more fun

Him and Redwine would bring us up to 23.

Taking Davis from OSU would bring us up to 24, leaving us with 4 spots.

I guess we'd save room for Cowart, Holland, Ivey,

And then one out of Chidi, Beckner, Key, Gibson and CeCe?

Don't love what this says about our chances with that group

The sites are not counting Golson, who will sign and be in this class. If we add Robinson, C. Davis and Redwine we'll have three slots left. I'm feeling that Holland is shaky. Cowart, Ivey and Key could be a wrap on a very nice class for us.

We're complaining because we could potentially land 5 - 5*'s on signing day and now it looks like we're going to settle for 3*'s. This was looking like one of the best finishes in Auburn recruiting history. Still could be. But I, and others on here, think it's too early to be offering and getting commitments from 3*'s with so much more talent still on the board.

I think from here on out every time we see a new player from out of the blue get an offer, it's a good bet the coaches got a call in which one of those "talented" removed himself from our board.

^this^

To me it is more about covering all your bases. You have to have options. In all honesty you just don't know on the big dogs. Getting half of them would be huge.

To me it is more about covering all your bases. You have to have options. In all honesty you just don't know on the big dogs. Getting half of them would be huge.

Excellent points 80

If a kid says he has an offer, it doesn't mean he does.

If anything, when/if G.G. gets an AU offer, it is tied to Beckner.

I don't think we can assume anything based off a single Tweet from a 17-18 yo.

Right now, unless I see Keith/Hoke confirm something, it never happened. Especially one week out from NSD!!!

Some people put way too much emphasis on stars.

Amen!

There isn't a damn thing wrong with a kid that the "services" ranked as a 3* - if he comes in and works hard and gets the proper coaching, training and developement in the program he can be just as successful as any player out there. Maybe, just maybe he won't have the ego/attitude/swag that a 5* will have, and that could be a good thing. Because at the end of the day, when they all hit campus and the weight room, the stars don't mean schatt - they will all be AU football players.

Robinson is scheduled to visit Florida on Saturday. They are recruiting him as TE and DE with coaches on both sides of the ball expressing interest. He's a huge Auburn fan, but I believe our hand has been called by the Gators and we have to commit him before the weekend if we want him.

Right now, unless I see Keith/Hoke confirm something, it never happened. Especially one week out from NSD!!!

Agreed, I'm thinking it's based on missing Beckner. We're looking good at DE (Cowart, Tega, Key, Jefferson), but could use a 3rd DT in this class. If we miss on Beckner and have space, a 3rd DT could fill that spot and it seems that Robinson is the first DT on our list behind Beckner.

Agreed, I'm thinking it's based on missing Beckner. We're looking good at DE (Cowart, Tega, Key, Jefferson), but could use a 3rd DT in this class. If we miss on Beckner and have space, a 3rd DT could fill that spot and it seems that Robinson is the first DT on our list behind Beckner.

Why are you including Jefferson in the mix? He is likely not to sign with us.

The following is from a Georgia fan who claims he works at Parkview HS. This actually makes me more excited about the possibility of Robinson as it signals untapped potential. He has a lot of strong offers from schools that are really good at evaluating underrated talent, namely Missouri who came on late. They have done an incredible job with finding DL that turn into stars.

GG can be as good as he wants to be. He's a big powerful kid but can be super lazy with a crappy attitude. Not many people can have his size and athleticism. He's always tried to fight his genes and not gain a bunch of weight but I think he blows up in a college weight program.

I think this is more of a contingency on Jauntavius Johnson. I've heard he's on the fence as far as qualifying.

Nope and have not heard that. The only 2 commits that are a concern are McGriff and Darrell Williams. GG is a best available offer at the end if he gets it.

I think he signs with the school he visits on Saturday (Auburn or Florida), but Louisville is trying hard to keep him. From twitter tonight, tweet and instagram pic:

yY5_lFYa_bigger.jpeg GG@GGRobinson85 2h2 hours ago Georgia, USA

Coach Petrino, Coach Scott, and Coach Grantham came by to hang out tonight! Cards all day

pic:

I think this is more of a contingency on Jauntavius Johnson. I've heard he's on the fence as far as qualifying.

Really, there is no way to work a contingency based on grades. You have to either sign a guy or not sign him long before the high school year is over. The coaches have to guesstimate how any player will do and go from there. Once a guy is signed, there's no backing out if he doesn't qualify. Once signed the slot is gone, period, qualify or not.

He has apparently decided that we waited too long. Will OV to Florida this weekend.

Probably good news for us that AU didn't follow up with him on Wednesday.

The sites are not counting Golson, who will sign and be in this class. If we add Robinson, C. Davis and Redwine we'll have three slots left. I'm feeling that Holland is shaky. Cowart, Ivey and Key could be a wrap on a very nice class for us.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Golson will count against the 85 (obviously) but won't count against our 25 signing limit.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Golson will count against the 85 (obviously) but won't count against our 25 signing limit.

Walkons don't count if they've been at the school three years. If not, they count against the year they are put on scholarship. Golson hasn't been here three years and he'll be going on scholarship as soon as the current semester ends. Unless a major rule change has slipped past me, Golson will use one of our 28 available slots.

Walkons don't count if they've been at the school three years. If not, they count against the year they are put on scholarship. Golson hasn't been here three years and he'll be going on scholarship as soon as the current semester ends. Unless a major rule change has slipped past me, Golson will use one of our 28 available slots.

It's 2 years not 3. It won't matter though because like you said Austin is not going past 1.

Archived