Judge Roy Moore

homersapien

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's going to get his butt tossed out of office once again before it's over with.

Begging your pardon from AL, but everyone didn't want him. Flowers are excellent apologies, Mr. Homersapien.;-)

Good luck with that. ; - )

Begging your pardon from AL, but everyone didn't want him. Flowers are excellent apologies, Mr. Homersapien.;-)

No apologies or flowers necessary on my part, but...

I am one Alabamian that most certainly DID NOT WANT HIM!!

In my opinion, he is nothing but an embarrassment to the state, right up there with George Wallace standing in the school house door at UAT, Fob James mimicking a chimpanzee to criticism evolution, or Steve Windom urinating in a jug behind the podium while presiding over the State Senate.

In my opinion, he is nothing but an embarrassment to the state, right up there with George Wallace standing in the school house door at UAT, Fob James mimicking a chimpanzee to criticism evolution, or Steve Windom urinating in a jug behind the podium while presiding over the State Senate.

Dang Democrats screwed that election up royally. The original candidate coming out of the primaries was defense attorney named Harry Lyon, who I have met personally and would not trust to defend my dog in court.

http://www.nbcnews.c...tyranny-n294991

I’ve probably bashed this particular deceased equine to a bloody pulp in the past. (Although truth be told, a less noble cousin of the horse comes to mind when I think of Judge Roy. And frankly, I’m rather surprised he waited this long to start braying about the recent court ruling.) But pointless and redundant as it may be, I can’t bring myself to stop commenting on and laughing at his stupidity:

Quotes from this link:

“…nothing in Alabama's constitution allowed the federal government to 'redefine' marriage”

—I actually agree with you here, Roy. Nothing in any state constitution ‘allows’ the federal government to do anything, because it works the other way around: It’s the federal government that allows states to exist and have state constitutions. The United States Constitution (and certainly not the Bible or Alabama’s constitution) is the supreme law of the land and we agreed to that when we applied for statehood!

“The state supreme court … has described marriage as a 'divine institution'. … Alabama laws have always recognized the Biblical admonition stated by our Lord"

–Or in other words, the State Supreme Court and Alabama law have been in violation of the federal 1st Amendment (and long-standing SCOTUS interpretation thereof), which expressly forbids such recognition of an establishment of religion by government, including any definition of what is 'divine', deciding who is 'our Lord', or granting legal authority to any scriptural admonition. I know of some other places that are run by religious fiat and scriptural interpretation, except in those places it’s called “Sharia law”

"Be advised that I stand with you to stop judicial tyranny and any unlawful opinions issued without constitutional authority."

–You’re the only one demonstrating a tyrannical attitude or issuing opinions without constitutional authority, Roy. You have no authority relating to federal law. Even if you issue an official ruling from the bench, your bench has no jurisdiction in federal law or the U.S. Constitution. Federal District Judge Granade has the jurisdiction here, Judge Granade decides what the U.S. Constitution means unless/until overruled by a higher federal court, and Judge Granade has complete authority to issue a ruling based on her best interpretation of the facts and the U.S. Constitution

Well I am glad to hear that. I am a native-born Alabamian myself. I moved to South Carolina which now gives me two states to be politically ashamed of.

(Aside from their politics, I love both states. ;) )

I’ve probably bashed this particular deceased equine to a bloody pulp in the past. (Although truth be told, a less noble cousin of the horse comes to mind when I think of Judge Roy. And frankly, I’m rather surprised he waited this long to start braying about the recent court ruling.) But pointless and redundant as it may be, I can’t bring myself to stop commenting on and laughing at his stupidity:

Quotes from this link:

“…nothing in Alabama's constitution allowed the federal government to 'redefine' marriage”

—I actually agree with you here, Roy. Nothing in any state constitution ‘allows’ the federal government to do anything, because it works the other way around: It’s the federal government that allows states to exist and have state constitutions. The United States Constitution (and certainly not the Bible or Alabama’s constitution) is the supreme law of the land

Roy Moore is a moron and everything, but this is patently false. The states created the federal government. They, in fact, allow the federal government to exist. The Constitution enumerates the powers of the federal government, it does no such thing to the states. Reason being, the Constitution would have never been ratified if the powers currently falsely claimed by the feds under the Supremacy Clause had been granted at ratification. Why go through the trouble of explicitly listing the powers granted to the federal government if we're just going to assume that it can do whatever it wants, since it is bigger? The Supremacy Clause only applies to those laws passed in accordance with the Constitution- which isn't nearly as difficult to interpret as so many attempt to make it. Should the feds pass laws that usurp the authority of the states or of the people, the offended parties are duty bound to resist through nullification.

I repeat, Roy Moore is a moron.

He and the Guvna got Ed Brayton's attention.

Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, a genuine theocrat who thinks the Bible should be (and is, in his head) the law of the land, is pledging to defy a federal court order striking down that state’s ban on same-sex marriage. And the governor is apparently willing to join him.

Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore has released a letter to Gov. Robert Bentley saying that he intends to continue to recognize the state’s constitutional ban on same-sex marriage and urging the governor to do so…

“As Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, I will continue to recognize the Alabama Constitution and the will of the people overwhelmingly expressed in the Sanctity of Marriage Amendment,” Moore wrote.

“I ask you to continue to uphold and support the Alabama Constitution with respect to marriage, both for the welfare of this state and for our posterity,” Moore continued at the end of the letter. “Be advised that I stand with you to stop judicial tyranny and any unlawful opinions issued without constitutional authority.”

Bentley issued a statement today after Moore’s letter was released.

“The people of Alabama elected me to uphold our state Constitution, and when I took the oath of office last week, that is what I promised to do,” the governor said.

“The people of Alabama voted in a constitutional amendment to define marriage as being between man and woman. As governor, I must uphold the Constitution. I am disappointed in Friday’s ruling, and I will continue to oppose this ruling. The Federal government must not infringe on the rights of states.”

Which is the same argument made by former Alabama Gov. George Wallace in response to the passage of the Civil Rights Act. It’s the same argument made by Alabama state Rep. Henry Beatty in response to Brown v Board of Education. It’s the same argument made by Roy Moore a decade ago when a federal court declared his Ten Commandments monument to be unconstitutional. How’d all that work out for you good ol’ boys? Not very well, I recall.

JRM in public:

crazy-clown.jpeg

Heh.

That's Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. He does cocaine. (Seriously. A lot of cocaine.)

He and the Guvna got Ed Brayton's attention.

Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, a genuine theocrat who thinks the Bible should be (and is, in his head) the law of the land, is pledging to defy a federal court order striking down that state’s ban on same-sex marriage. And the governor is apparently willing to join him.

Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore has released a letter to Gov. Robert Bentley saying that he intends to continue to recognize the state’s constitutional ban on same-sex marriage and urging the governor to do so…

“As Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, I will continue to recognize the Alabama Constitution and the will of the people overwhelmingly expressed in the Sanctity of Marriage Amendment,” Moore wrote.

“I ask you to continue to uphold and support the Alabama Constitution with respect to marriage, both for the welfare of this state and for our posterity,” Moore continued at the end of the letter. “Be advised that I stand with you to stop judicial tyranny and any unlawful opinions issued without constitutional authority.”

Bentley issued a statement today after Moore’s letter was released.

“The people of Alabama elected me to uphold our state Constitution, and when I took the oath of office last week, that is what I promised to do,” the governor said.

“The people of Alabama voted in a constitutional amendment to define marriage as being between man and woman. As governor, I must uphold the Constitution. I am disappointed in Friday’s ruling, and I will continue to oppose this ruling. The Federal government must not infringe on the rights of states.”

Which is the same argument made by former Alabama Gov. George Wallace in response to the passage of the Civil Rights Act. It’s the same argument made by Alabama state Rep. Henry Beatty in response to Brown v Board of Education. It’s the same argument made by Roy Moore a decade ago when a federal court declared his Ten Commandments monument to be unconstitutional. How’d all that work out for you good ol’ boys? Not very well, I recall.

We ain't never gonna change....

AMEN! I didn't vote for him.

Dang Democrats screwed that election up royally. The original candidate coming out of the primaries was defense attorney named Harry Lyon, who I have met personally and would not trust to defend my dog in court.

The Democrat Party in AL is as screwed up as I've ever seen it. This state is ripe for a 3rd party but the GOP won't allow that to happen.

Well I am glad to hear that. I am a native-born Alabamian myself. I moved to South Carolina which now gives me two states to be politically ashamed of.

(Aside from their politics, I love both states. ;) )

You better love SC....or I will send someone to your house to remind you of how much you love the Palmetto State. LOL :)

AMEN! I didn't vote for him.

Count me in too.

JRM in public:

crazy-clown.jpeg

Heh.

That's Dr. Rockso, the rock and roll clown. He does cocaine. (Seriously. A lot of cocaine.)

I am working on overcoming an irrational fear of clowns. That picture is a major setback. THANKS A LOT, BIG.

Oops! Sorry Big. I mean, DKW.

I am working on overcoming an irrational fear of clowns. That picture is a major setback. THANKS A LOT, BIG.

Oops! Sorry Big. I mean, DKW.

Don't worry. He's harmless except for the fact that he does cocaine. (Seriously, dude. A lot of cocaine.)

tumblr_monjfjknbv1sut0nqo1_500.jpg

Quotes from this link:

—I actually agree with you here, Roy. Nothing in any state constitution ‘allows’ the federal government to do anything, because it works the other way around: It’s the federal government that allows states to exist and have state constitutions. The United States Constitution (and certainly not the Bible or Alabama’s constitution) is the supreme law of the land

Roy Moore is a moron and everything, but this is patently false. The states created the federal government. They, in fact, allow the federal government to exist. The Constitution enumerates the powers of the federal government, it does no such thing to the states. Reason being, the Constitution would have never been ratified if the powers currently falsely claimed by the feds under the Supremacy Clause had been granted at ratification. Why go through the trouble of explicitly listing the powers granted to the federal government if we're just going to assume that it can do whatever it wants, since it is bigger? The Supremacy Clause only applies to those laws passed in accordance with the Constitution- which isn't nearly as difficult to interpret as so many attempt to make it. Should the feds pass laws that usurp the authority of the states or of the people, the offended parties are duty bound to resist through nullification.

I repeat, Roy Moore is a moron.

You are historically correct that the thirteen original states created the federation.

They then ceded ultimate power to the federal government in ratifying Article 6, Sec b of the U.S. Constitution. Power, once given away, cannot be reclaimed on demand. Nothing in the U.S. Constitution, the supreme law of the land, gives the states or the people the right to decide which, if any, federal acts "usurp" their own authority, much less the power to "nullify" federal law at their discretion. Only federal courts in interpreting the U.S. Constitution may determine what constitutes federal authority, or nullify federal law! In Judge Roy's case, the same section of the U.S. Constitution specifically mentions state judges, and only state judges by name, as being bound by the U.S. Constitution! (Congress and the Executive Branch have no power to define federal authority, either. Their actions are simply assumed to carry the weight of Constitutional authority unless/until determined otherwise by the federal Judiciary.)

Amendment 10 of the Constitution reserves to the States or the people only powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to them by it. Judge Granade's ruling--which is the final authority unless/until some higher federal court overrules it--is that the Constitution, in particular the 1st and 14th Amendments, prohibits States from banning same-sex marriage.

The state of Alabama of course did not exist until 1819, and then only with the permission of the federal government as provided by Article 4, Sec 3a. A condition of statehood for the admission of every state since the original 13 has been acceptance of the U.S. Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land.

But we certainly agree that Roy Moore is a moron. Just speaking for myself, I've never needed any lesson or discussion of constitutional law to recognize that! ;)

You are historically correct that the thirteen original states created the federation.

They then ceded ultimate power to the federal government in ratifying Article 6, Sec b of the U.S. Constitution. Power, once given away, cannot be reclaimed on demand. Nothing in the U.S. Constitution, the supreme law of the land, gives the states or the people the right to decide which, if any, federal acts "usurp" their own authority, much less the power to "nullify" federal law at their discretion. Only federal courts in interpreting the U.S. Constitution may determine what constitutes federal authority, or nullify federal law! In Judge Roy's case, the same section of the U.S. Constitution specifically mentions state judges, and only state judges by name, as being bound by the U.S. Constitution! (Congress and the Executive Branch have no power to define federal authority, either. Their actions are simply assumed to carry the weight of Constitutional authority unless/until determined otherwise by the federal Judiciary.)

Amendment 10 of the Constitution reserves to the States or the people only powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to them by it. Judge Granade's ruling--which is the final authority unless/until some higher federal court overrules it--is that the Constitution, in particular the 1st and 14th Amendments, prohibits States from banning same-sex marriage.

The state of Alabama of course did not exist until 1819, and then only with the permission of the federal government as provided by Article 4, Sec 3a. A condition of statehood for the admission of every state since the original 13 has been acceptance of the U.S. Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land.

But we certainly agree that Roy Moore is a moron. Just speaking for myself, I've never needed any lesson or discussion of constitutional law to recognize that! ;)

Excellent! :clap: Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Don't worry. He's harmless except for the fact that he does cocaine. (Seriously, dude. A lot of cocaine.)

I know you're talking about Dr. Rockso. And I have never thought Roy Moore did any sort of illicit drug.

But Judge Roy's patterns of delusion and paranoia might make an outside observer wonder! :rolleyes:

I know you're talking about Dr. Rockso. And I have never thought Roy Moore did any sort of illicit drug.

But Judge Roy's patterns of delusion and paranoia might make an outside observer wonder! :rolleyes:

I thought he was talking about DKW. ;D

Excellent! :clap: Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Gracias...de nada.

(Just thought I'd say it in Spanish for the xenophobes out there. ;D )

Archived