2017 JUCO QB Easton Bruere

around4ever

Easton Bruere, a 6'3", 200 lb QB, had 4,567 yards and 49 touchdowns with 6 interceptions this season. He is the state of New Mexico's all-time leader in passing yards. He has had no scholarship offers and very little interest, not even from FCS or D2.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322488-the-best-football-prospect-nobodys-ever-heard-of?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

I actually have friends in New Mexico who've been talking about this guy for a long time. It's a shame not even the Lobos have offered him.

I find it hard to believe there aren't dozens of mid-majors, along with a handful of Power 5 schools, banging his door down with offers. I hope he gets the opportunity to play for someone who wants him, and wish him all the success in the world.

Everybody from D-1 on down through JUCO doesn't miss on a kid with stats like that. There's a fly in the ointment somewhere, we don't know what it is but recruiters obviously do know.

Why not ask him to be a preferred/invited walk on with the chance of winning a scholarship if he can prove himself worthy? If it has to do with grades, why not place him in a JUCO?

Archived